🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Free Speech for Teachers or Not?

Should a teacher be forced to pay union dues or agency fees when they have no say in the public-sector (teachers) union and their political, administrative, use of tax dollars, policies or most importantly what they feel is best for the students welfare and learning experience?

Kindly check out the link, well worth the read and I only scratched the surface, alas, none to well...:eusa_doh:

Meet the California Teacher Taking On the Unions

No one should have to join a union and no one should be prevented from joining a union.
They don't have to join the union but they do have to pay agency fees and they have no voice on what the union does, kinda like taxing without representation. It's obvious you didn't bother to read the link...

Do you think we should give DC it's own congressman and senators?

Nope... DC's a basket case, filled with corruption and crack selling mayor re-elections, in other words Democrat.

What you don't like this topic ..Timmy?

I'll tie it to the topic .

Well it's just you claimed the union thing was "taxation wh/o representation" . But then u say DC shouldn't have representation . Even though they pay taxes .

What's up wit dat?

Should a teacher be forced to pay union dues or agency fees when they have no say in the public-sector (teachers) union and their political, administrative, use of tax dollars, policies or most importantly what they feel is best for the students welfare and learning experience?

Kindly check out the link, well worth the read and I only scratched the surface, alas, none to well...:eusa_doh:

No one should have to join a union and no one should be prevented from joining a union.
They don't have to join the union but they do have to pay agency fees and they have no voice on what the union does, kinda like taxing without representation. It's obvious you didn't bother to read the link...

Do you think we should give DC it's own congressman and senators?

Nope... DC's a basket case, filled with corruption and crack selling mayor re-elections, in other words Democrat.

What you don't like this topic ..Timmy?

I'll tie it to the topic .

Well it's just you claimed the union thing was "taxation wh/o representation" . But then u say DC shouldn't have representation . Even though they pay taxes .

What's up wit dat?

If you'd like to start a thread in regards DC start a thread and give your views and .. quit being a distraction and ignorant moron in this one... mmkay

I agree with you, my point is what I said. If you have to pay for something, you've basically joined it.

Did I read it? No I did not. If you knew me right now you'd understand why I didn't.

I agree with you, my point is what I said. If you have to pay for something, you've basically joined it.

Did I read it? No I did not. If you knew me right now you'd understand why I didn't.

Well, Enjoy, I would hope...:thup:

Do you want to be paid right and have safe working conditions? Conservatives always side with the corporate office and seemly don't give a damn about the guy that gets his hands dirty.
It's alright Mathew, you can change the topic...

At least in the private sector you have the possibility of the market cleaning up such trash. I've run a mfr company for 27yrs and if I hired, fired and promoted like that I wouldn't be in business very long.

Right, you are probably one of these managers who thinks it's all about you.

Real world, buddy. You are probably being carried by your employees despite your ineptitude.

With govt unions you basically have to kill some one, on the premises, to get fired. In the private sector lousy employees produce lousy widgets. In the schools they produce uneducated children.

Right, it's because those damned unions make it hard, not because they write lousy textbooks to pander to the inbreds in Texas, or because these parents sit their kids in front of the TV/Game counsel for 6 hours a day. Forget the fact that 50% of new teachers quit in the first five years, despite union protections. Nope, it's those evil unions making sure teachers get good pay and can't be fired for frivilous reasons.

I'll tell you an old joke from those days. I'm sitting in a bar telling jokes with friends. At the other end of the bar are a bunch of teamster, 9 or 10 of them. Big tough looking guys. Over hearing us telling jokes one yells over, "hey how many teamsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?". I say "I don't know". They all get up walk down the bar and surround me kinda pressing me up against the bar. And one leans in and says "23. You got a problem with that?".

and that's what horrifies you, isn't it? Working people who are empowered.

Now, here's the thing. I do think the concept of the union might be outdated in some ways. We might be better off having something like the WOrk Councils in Germany which are organized by company instead of trade.

Is it about 'speech'? A teacher can still say what they like, pull for whatever candidate / cause they like.

Money is Power. It buys influence. It buys People. Without that money (they take from members) they are unable to buy influence, buy legistation / legislative action, and/or politicians.

If unions, or anyone else who 'buys' politicians, suddenly could not do so they would have no more ability to influence a politician's actions than you or me. No more power, no more control, no more influence.

The Republican Mantra "I want to work harder for less money!"

Yup, they're that stupid.
tell me how raising wages artificially, are good for the economy. ACTUALLY good. Not some emotional feel good bullshit.

Would you explain how flat or declining wages are good for the economy.
I didn't say they were, Mr. Strawman.
Try again?

Well guy it is one or the other. Wages are not increasing at a meaningful rate.

You seem opposed to forcing the MW to rise.

So what good does flat or declinig wages DO.

Give a credible answer though.

The only person on here that uses the term "guy" is Joe b

Are you a sock of his, I suppose.
He claimed JoeBlow was kicking my ass, so I think you are onto something.

Well, Enjoy, I would hope...:thup:

Enjoy isn't the first thing that pops into my head. Let's just say I need a holiday.

But those people that don't pay or don't join, still get represnted by the union? They get all the union protections and benefits without paying for it? That doesn't seem quite right now does it?

How about if you don't want to join a union, you individually negotiate your pay and benefits instead of riding on the coat tails of the union?

tell 4me how raising wages artificially, are good for the economy. ACTUALLY good. Not some emotional feel good bullshit.

Try again?

Weasel
When you are such a punk that you have to block another poster, that poster you blocked has kicked your ass to the point you give up trying to interact.

that is an asswhipping you have received. And well deserved.

And teachers who dont want to participate in a union should not be forced to. they (teachers) should also not be able to benefit from any contract benefits that union teachers may receive.

that'll teach em.

Try again?

Weasel
When you are such a punk that you have to block another poster, that poster you blocked has kicked your ass to the point you give up trying to interact.

that is an asswhipping you have received. And well deserved.

And teachers who dont want to participate in a union should not be forced to. they (teachers) should also not be able to benefit from any contract benefits that union teachers may receive.

that'll teach em.
Sorry Joe, you fool no one and I never saw you gain the upper hand in any conversation. You are a hate filled idiot with zero substance to offer. Why ANYONE talks to you is a mystery to me. But it does explain your need to create another poster.

Sorry Joe, you fool no one and I never saw you gain the upper hand in any conversation. You are a hate filled idiot with zero substance to offer. Why ANYONE talks to you is a mystery to me. But it does explain your need to create another poster.

Obviously, you were fooled. Wilbur is not me. The writing styles aren't even close. But do cower in the corner from contrary opinions, dude.

Forum List

Back