Freedom is not cheap

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Freedom is not cheap
We have the freedom to carry guns. It gets talked about (by the far left) that no one needs them because kids got slaughtered(IDC if you bring up every murder, nobody gave 2 shits before the Sandy hook tragedy. At least the way it is now) PEople will kill. It is the price of freedom
We have the right to drink whatever we want. Sure, people will lose theirself and get fat. It is a chance you take with FREEDOM
I could go on and on and on, but you should get the point
Freedom was NEVER easy. You think the framers and founders had it easy getting us started up? HELL NO
Basically freedom is not easy. Quit acting on emotion, get over it and embrace what we have, can have, and can do.
It is not worth losing freedom for hundreds of millions of Americans because a few get fucked over. It is the price we pay
FREEDOM is not cheap or easy :thup:

I agree, Freedom is not Cheap or Easy. That's why we have to send our kids to Iraq and Afghanistan to protect our Freedoms here!

Just look how much the American Economy and Standard of Living has improved since we invaded.

Freedom is not cheap
We have the freedom to carry guns. It gets talked about (by the far left) that no one needs them because kids got slaughtered(IDC if you bring up every murder, nobody gave 2 shits before the Sandy hook tragedy. At least the way it is now) PEople will kill. It is the price of freedom
We have the right to drink whatever we want. Sure, people will lose theirself and get fat. It is a chance you take with FREEDOM
Freedom was NEVER easy. You think the framers and founders had it easy getting us started up? HELL NO
Basically freedom is not easy. Quit acting on emotion, get over it and embrace what we have, can have, and can do.
It is not worth losing freedom for hundreds of millions of Americans because a few get fucked over. It is the price we pay

I agree. I would extend what you said to say that freedom is not simple. Freedom only exists in a delicate balance between totalitarianism and anarchy. Freedom only has meaning in the context of a society and that society must be healthy for freedom to exist. No society can remain healthy without limitations placed upon freedom.

Freedom is not cheap

I agree. I would extend what you said to say that freedom is not simple. Freedom only exists in a delicate balance between totalitarianism and anarchy. Freedom only has meaning in the context of a society and that society must be healthy for freedom to exist. No society can remain healthy without limitations placed upon freedom.

I concur
However, the "limitations" of today are anything but limitations. It is extermination. A little extreme of a word, but does its job

Freedom is not cheap

I concur
However, the "limitations" of today are anything but limitations. It is extermination. A little extreme of a word, but does its job

Which is why it is not simple. The more complex the society, the more likely it is there will be disagreements on just where the perfect balance lies. There are going to be compromises.

IMO, there are far fewer limitations in freedom than there were 50 years ago. This may well be one of the greatest periods of freedom this nation has ever had. But it is a matter of perception.

for some the freedom to VOTE is infringed.

why does the republican party keep doing that to black voters?

for some the freedom to VOTE is infringed.

why does the republican party keep doing that to black voters?

Where are the news reports of large amounts of blacks not being able to vote? Like what Al Sharpton kept predicting.
Blacks getting a photo ID gives them freedom.

guns, ACA, patriot act, eminent domain laws, etc etc
Seems to me, with every tragedy comes more restrictions. That is my point of the OP

guns, ACA, patriot act, eminent domain laws, etc etc
Seems to me, with every tragedy comes more restrictions. That is my point of the OP

Slavery, prohibition, company stores, house committee on unamerican activities, segregation, public lynchings.... I understand the point of the OP, but we still come back to that balance. There have to be limitations on freedom for freedom to exist at all. As compared to the past, I would say we have more freedom now.

Freedom is not cheap

I concur

I see. Limiting the freedom to own war weopons to those who can pass the stringent background checks is a limit on your freedom. If that is the case, you have just made the case for not allowing you to own such a weopon.

You dumbass
People that commit murders are criminals LOL
What exactly is a "war weapon"?

Yea, criminals do

To take that statement literally, I would say it is false on its face. Criminals do not have more freedom now.

To take it another way, you seem to be suggesting that things you think should be crimes are no longer crimes. Which merely supports my statement that we are more free today than we have been in the past.

If I am wrong on both counts, you'll have to explain what you meant.

Yea, criminals do

To take that statement literally, I would say it is false on its face. Criminals do not have more freedom now.

To take it another way, you seem to be suggesting that things you think should be crimes are no longer crimes. Which merely supports my statement that we are more free today than we have been in the past.

They get let out, illegals gettign amnesty(on our dollar), they get tv etc. And the left seems to want to abolish criminal punishment. Death penalty, illegals, The OP that TinyDancer did about the rapists (just a general outlook) etc

I concur

I see. Limiting the freedom to own war weapons to those who can pass the stringent background checks is a limit on your freedom. If that is the case, you have just made the case for not allowing you to own such a weapon.

War weapons are M-16's and yes there is very stringent laws already in place in order to get one.
Semi automatics are not war weapons.

Yea, criminals do

They get let out, illegals gettign amnesty(on our dollar), they get tv etc. And the left seems to want to abolish criminal punishment. Death penalty, illegals, The OP that TinyDancer did about the rapists (just a general outlook) etc

Someone here did make a comment which I thought was both astute and true. It went, "Freedom is not cheap".

Forum List

Back