Trump Breaks The Internet. Sets All Time Record.

Guilty. Sounds like you have good memories of it. Sounds dope. But sadly, I never experienced it. :(

Yes and No. Sega Saturn was direct competition for the GameCube. Which both consoles pretty much sucked out loud. Like the NES, the 64/genesis were cartridge based, rather than relying in a disc. For the time, better. N64 controller has directly inspired every current controller for video games, remote controlled devices and even drones.

PS1 brought all the goodness together. PC based console (had a motherboard w/ graphics inputs), relied on disc over cartridge, but allowed extra in-game memory via cartridge slots. Also introduced the first wireless controllers. N64/Genesis was rendered obsolete. :dunno:

I have more appreciation for the simpler time of the NES as I get older.

I switched from Consoles to PC's around the time of PS1 and later, mostly due to being able to buy my own shit having my own full time job.

never got into building them. was just good enough to swap components and change out dead RAM cards.
No offense, but that's just shutting down a machine, cracking open the box, pulling a chip from a slot, putting a new one in and booting back up. My 87 year-old-mom can figure that out.

I used to build the box, by figuring out the electrical latency and draw from the backplane (motherboard) in order to meet the (gaming/coding/technical requirements) of the end user I was building it for. I also had to figure out RAM/GFX card requirements, HD space, and how to cool it all properly and efficiently.

No offense, but that's just shutting down a machine, cracking open the box, pulling a chip from a slot, putting a new one in and booting back up. My 87 year-old-mom can figure that out.

I used to build the box, by figuring out the electrical latency and draw from the backplane (motherboard) in order to meet the (gaming/coding/technical requirements) of the end user I was building it for. I also had to figure out RAM/GFX card requirements, HD space, and how to cool it all properly and efficiently.

And my grandfather at 102 could do it too, but plenty of people are the type that look for the any key and wonder why their computer came with a push button automatic cupholder.

My time was more spent multitasking on things.

And my grandfather at 102 could do it too, but plenty of people are the type that look for the any key and wonder why their computer came with a push button automatic cupholder.
Now you're dating yourself. My parents' computers haven't had cup holders for years. Years, I tell ya! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back