Freedom Isn’t a Zero-Sum Game - If Gays Have More Rights, Christians Don't Have Fewer

Of course soon to be 50 states. That's imposed on all 50 states against the will of the public in those states.

Actually a number of states have Same-sex Civil Marriage based on STATE action (ballotts and legislative action).

>>>>
It's what, like 3? 4? New York enacted it through the legislature. Colorado had a ballot measure. But everywhere else unelected judges overturned the will of the people and made this country a tyranny.

I believe they were all in some small North Eastern states, and that was after 20 years of queers brainwashing our kids in public schools and universities.

It's what, like 3? 4? New York enacted it through the legislature. Colorado had a ballot measure. But everywhere else unelected judges overturned the will of the people and made this country a tyranny.

3? 4? - No.

Delaware – Legislatively - 2013

District of Columbia – Legislatively - 2009

Hawaii – Legislatively - 2013

Illinois – Legislatively - 2013

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

Minnesota – Ballot/Legislatively - 2012

New Hampshire – Legislatively - 2009

New York – Legislatively - 2011

Rhode Island – Legislatively - 2013

Vermont – Legislatively - 2009

Washington – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>
Almost a third of them.

Heh.

Freedom really means others will be tolerated whom you don’t regard, understand or agree with. That’s the downside of having freedom in a free county—Americans you don’t like have it too.

That's why some of us have no use for FREEDOM. We would prefer to live in a Moral and Decent society rather than living in a FREE one.

The article is true in general but it ignores the main point. And that is that the government ir anyone else has no right to force anyone into participating in anything, especially if it violates their religion. Period, end of story.

Yeah, well thanks for playing "I want unicorns that fart glitter". The fact is that the government does indeed do just that and when they do, it has been found to be within their Constitutional boundaries. You can argue the world where you want it to be instead of discussing it where it is...I'd rather play a video game. At least that's fantasy I can interact with.

Go play your video game, shit the fuck up and let the adults run the show.

The article is true in general but it ignores the main point. And that is that the government ir anyone else has no right to force anyone into participating in anything, especially if it violates their religion. Period, end of story.
Muslim taxi-drivers don't have to pick up drinkers? I may never get a cab again! :alcoholic:

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

"Legislatively" means not by popular vote, and what the fuck does "Legislatively/Ballot" mean?

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

"Legislatively" means not by popular vote, and what the fuck does "Legislatively/Ballot" mean?

The point that started the response was the ideal that Federal courts would be imposing SSCM in all 50 states. That is false. A number of states passed SSCM on their own with out Federal Court action.

"Legislatively" means by the legislature elected by the people.

If you were familiar with the issue you would understand that Minnesota passed SSCM in two steps. First there was a ballot initiative to ban SSCM, that measure failed. As a result of that failing ballot initiative the legislature passed the law for the governor to sign which made SSCM legal in that state.

>>>>

Muslim taxi-drivers don't have to pick up drinkers? I may never get a cab again! :alcoholic:

No you stupid shit head. That would be like a pizza shop that refused to serve gays pizza. Not the same thing. This is what is wrong with the OP and the article. A person should not be forced to be a part of something that violates their religion. The taxi driver should not be forced to drink with the fare. Get it yet? I hope so because I can't dumb it down any further.

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

The point that started the response was the ideal that Federal courts would be imposing SSCM in all 50 states. That is false. A number of states passed SSCM on their own with out Federal Court action.

If you were familiar with the issue you would understand that Minnesota passed SSCM in two steps. First there was a ballot initiative to ban SSCM, that measure failed. As a result of that failing ballot initiative the legislature passed the law for the governor to sign which made SSCM legal in that state.

>>>>

I know what "legislatively means. I asked you what "Ballot/Legislatively" means.

Being approved by the state legislature doesn't mean it's supported by the voters. Politicians are all sleazy weasels who will sell out their constituents for almost any consideration. A lot of state legislatures approved so-called "gay marriage" legislation and then were overruled by a referendum.

Last edited:
Well, the loss of liberties is a zero sum gain. Nobody and I mean nobody would suggest that a Muslem business should be forced to serve pork or Muslems should be forced to cater to sodomites. It's no secret that the homosexual militants troll for Christian discrimination because they despise Christian values. Probably 85% of businesses are not evangelical Christians and would bend over backwards (no pun intended) for homosexual business but the hard core sodomites shop around until they find that 15% or 10% or whatever it is to make an issue out of it. .

No you stupid shit head. That would be like a pizza shop that refused to serve gays pizza. Not the same thing. This is what is wrong with the OP and the article. A person should not be forced to be a part of something that violates their religion. The taxi driver should not be forced to drink with the fare. Get it yet? I hope so because I can't dumb it down any further.
Were people being forced to eat cake and pizza? If not, your argument doesn't make much sense. Provide a cake; provide a cab ride; what's the difference?

I know what "legislatively means. I asked you what "Ballot/Legislatively" mean?

And I explained what my usage of it was.

Being approved by the state legislature doesn't mean it's supported by the voters.

Never said it was. However it does show that it was not done by federal court action, which is that to which I was responding.

A lot of state legislatures approved so-called "gay marriage" legislation and then were overruled by a referendum.

Really? Give us the names of these "lots of states" where the legislature passed a law authorizing SSCM and it was then overturned by referendum.

Ahhh - don't strain yourself - how about just one.

>>>>

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

>>>>

Being approved by the state legislature doesn't mean it's supported by the voters. Politicians are all sleazy weasels who will sell out their constituents for almost any consideration. A lot of state legislatures approved so-called "gay marriage" legislation and then were overruled by a referendum.

So you want mob rule.

So the government can't force you to pay taxes? lol

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

>>>>

So you want mob rule.

No one has a right to be served by any business. Having an unelected judge unilaterally overrule state law on this matter is worse than mob rule.

Were people being forced to eat cake and pizza? If not, your argument doesn't make much sense. Provide a cake; provide a cab ride; what's the difference?

I guess I can't dumb it down far enough for you to understand. I guess that explains why you are a progressive.

So the government can't force you to pay taxes? lol

Not even relevant.

You're forced to participate in the funding of the government.

You're forced to participate in the serving of black people in your diner.

Forum List

Back