Freedom Isn’t a Zero-Sum Game - If Gays Have More Rights, Christians Don't Have Fewer

The article is true in general but it ignores the main point. And that is that the government ir anyone else has no right to force anyone into participating in anything, especially if it violates their religion. Period, end of story.

So the government can't force you to pay taxes? lol

Yes, they force you to pay taxes, force you to buy a product, obamacare, force private businesses to sell to certain groups and on and on.....but let a city pass a law ordering citizens to possess a gun, which I disagree with, and you scream like wild natives.

I guess I can't dumb it down far enough for you to understand. I guess that explains why you are a progressive.
I must disagree. You have dumb "down". This doesn't have anything to do with progressivism. It has to do with your talking yourself into a corner you couldn't get out of. :lmao:

It's what, like 3? 4? New York enacted it through the legislature. Colorado had a ballot measure. But everywhere else unelected judges overturned the will of the people and made this country a tyranny.

3? 4? - No.

Delaware – Legislatively - 2013

District of Columbia – Legislatively - 2009

Hawaii – Legislatively - 2013

Illinois – Legislatively - 2013

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

Minnesota – Ballot/Legislatively - 2012

New Hampshire – Legislatively - 2009

New York – Legislatively - 2011

Rhode Island – Legislatively - 2013

Vermont – Legislatively - 2009

Washington – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

"Legislatively" means not by popular vote, and what the fuck does "Legislatively/Ballot" mean?

The point that started the response was the ideal that Federal courts would be imposing SSCM in all 50 states. That is false. A number of states passed SSCM on their own with out Federal Court action.

"Legislatively" means by the legislature elected by the people.

If you were familiar with the issue you would understand that Minnesota passed SSCM in two steps. First there was a ballot initiative to ban SSCM, that measure failed. As a result of that failing ballot initiative the legislature passed the law for the governor to sign which made SSCM legal in that state.

>>>>

I know what "legislatively means. I asked you what "Ballot/Legislatively" mean?

Being approved by the state legislature doesn't mean it's supported by the voters. Politicians are all sleazy weasels who will sell out their constituents for almost any consideration. A lot of state legislatures approved so-called "gay marriage" legislation and then were overruled by a referendum.

So you want mob rule.
How is people voting "mob rule"? I'd swear you sit around 24./7 thinking up stupid things to say.

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

"Legislatively" means not by popular vote, and what the fuck does "Legislatively/Ballot" mean?

The point that started the response was the ideal that Federal courts would be imposing SSCM in all 50 states. That is false. A number of states passed SSCM on their own with out Federal Court action.

If you were familiar with the issue you would understand that Minnesota passed SSCM in two steps. First there was a ballot initiative to ban SSCM, that measure failed. As a result of that failing ballot initiative the legislature passed the law for the governor to sign which made SSCM legal in that state.

>>>>

Being approved by the state legislature doesn't mean it's supported by the voters. Politicians are all sleazy weasels who will sell out their constituents for almost any consideration. A lot of state legislatures approved so-called "gay marriage" legislation and then were overruled by a referendum.

So you want mob rule.
How is people voting "mob rule"? I'd swear you sit around 24./7 thinking up stupid things to say.

Isn't direct democracy 'mob rule' according to nuts like you?

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

>>>>

So you want mob rule.

No one has a right to be served by any business. Having an unelected judge unilaterally overrule state law on this matter is worse than mob rule.

Really? So how would you propose to defend the Second Amendment against state laws banning/restricting guns?

The article is true in general but it ignores the main point. And that is that the government ir anyone else has no right to force anyone into participating in anything, especially if it violates their religion. Period, end of story.

So the government can't force you to pay taxes? lol

Not even relevant.

You're forced to participate in the funding of the government.

You're forced to participate in the serving of black people in your diner.

I'm also prevented from killing people, forced to pay for food and a roof over my head, are you too stupid to know the difference here nut job?

Legal marriage isn't a right. That's why it requires a license. Being black isn't defined by behavior.
Fucking morons!

I guess I can't dumb it down far enough for you to understand. I guess that explains why you are a progressive.
I must disagree. You have dumb "down". This doesn't have anything to do with progressivism. It has to do with your talking yourself into a corner you couldn't get out of. :lmao:

I not only got out of it, I killed your argument but you aren't smart enough or honest enough to understand it.

3? 4? - No.

Maine – Ballot – 2012

Maryland – Ballot - 2012

>>>>

>>>>

So you want mob rule.

No one has a right to be served by any business. Having an unelected judge unilaterally overrule state law on this matter is worse than mob rule.

So Hobby Lobby should be complying with all of the ACA instead of getting a pass on part of it from those unelected judges?

lol

I not only got out of it, I killed your argument but you aren't smart enough or honest enough to understand it.
You didn't address the difference between providing a cake and providing a cab ride. You just said it was too dumb to discuss. A cheap way out, IMO, hence my appraisal of why you lost the argument.

You didn't address the difference between providing a cake and providing a cab ride. You just said it was too dumb to discuss. A cheap way out, IMO, hence my appraisal of why you lost the argument.

Ok, I see the problem, you jumped in on a discussion and I mistook one left wing nut for another. Let me make it as simple as I can:

Providing a pizza or a cake, or a cab ride to a customer, is not the same as actively getting involved in a ceremony or activity. The key word is "actively". Walk in, order cake, leave with cake, no problem. Walk in, order cake with two plastic men or women on top, demand that it be delivered, problem. Demand that a photographer coordinate the wedding photos, problem.

There is a huge difference and though it may be discrimination, Americans should have their right to practice their faith trump the non-existent right not to be discriminated against.

Clear?

Last edited:
]You didn't address the difference between providing a cake and providing a cab ride. You just said it was too dumb to discuss. A cheap way out, IMO, hence my appraisal of why you lost the argument.
I did too dumbass, read it again.
All you did was say you couldn't dumb it down enough. You never said what the difference was between providing a cake and providng a ride.

Legal marriage isn't a right. That's why it requires a license. Being black isn't defined by behavior.
Fucking morons!

Owning some guns requires a license in some states. I guess owning a gun isn't a right.
You shot down your own argument by the word 'some'. Gun ownership is a personal choice that involves only the owner. Marriage involves everyone.

>>>>

So you want mob rule.

So Hobby Lobby should be complying with all of the ACA instead of getting a pass on part of it from those unelected judges?

lol

Do businesses "serve" employees? IF the public ever had a vote on ACA, it wouldn't exist.

Fucking morons!
Marriage has been declared a Fundamental Right many times by SCOTUS.
A marriage license isn't.
If two consenting adults request a marriage license, and there are no prohibitions from them marrying, and they have complied with all applicable laws - yes, the license to marry is a Right.

If the state denies them, they have a lawsuit on their hands.

Forum List

Back