Freedom of Religion? Christian Artists Face Jail Time For Not Making Same-Sex Wedding Invitations

The Bible also bans tattoos . Do these good Christians not sell to tattooed customers ??

I'm sure they do . Because they are fake religious.
You talking old testament or new?

What's the difference. Both are part of the religion .
View attachment 101012

My favorite are the Christians who read horoscopes 'religiously'.......LOL
I don't.

Thanks for sharing.

Well that is an interesting question isn't it?

Over 50 years ago, when the first such laws were passed, good Christian business owners felt it was their right not to serve blacks or Jews.

They lost that fight.

Because here is the thing- a business still has to follow the law. A business can't for example ignore city sanitation rules by claiming that his religion doesn't allow him to sanitize his business.

What you're missing is all discrimination laws, except for faghadist, are based on genetics and not personal preferences or conduct. There is nothing in the Constitution as amended that protects personal preferences or conduct form discrimination. Just because a bunch of fags and feel good regressives think it's a good idea to invent some kind of protection doesn't make it constitutional or right. BTW there are protections in the Constitution about involuntary servitude.
Homosexuality is no more of a choice than heterosexuality. What turns you on is pretty much born in you. So yes, you can insist people not have sex, but really, do you think that has or ever would work, anywhere? It may as well be genetic. I've never understood why it is such skin off anyone's nose. You take it to a whole nother level with your hatred.

I don't hate anyone, I just like freedom, you on the other hand have no problem threatening someone's livelihood to force association and involuntary servitude. That child ain't freedom, in fact I think we have an amendment outlawing forced servitude, don't we?
if you do not want to abide by public accommodation and anti-discrimination laws then you are free not to open a business that serves the public

How fascist of ya. Why do you hate freedom?
this isn't about freedom it's about bigotry and hypocrisy

These so called christians have no problem doing business with any other sinner so we know it's not the sin they are afraid of

If they really thought printing words on paper for a gay wedding makes them a participant to the sin of homosexuality then they wouldn't do business with any sinner lest they become a participant in those sins too

so it's not the sin

LOL

You are clueless about the actual case and just jumped into the argument clueless.

'the guy' is two women.

No one is demanding that they do anything.

They have sued the City of Phoenix demanding that as Christians they shouldn't have to follow a Phoenix ordinance.

it's called a pre-emtive strike.

And they are claiming religious exercise as an exception in this one instance to the PA law, which isn't really a PA law, but a "any time money changes hands law"

So we are in agreement

They have sued the City of Phoenix demanding that as Christians they shouldn't have to follow a Phoenix ordinance.

They are saying their right to free exercise outweighs the local governments authority to regulate commerce in this specific case.
where in the bible does it say you cannot enter a business transaction with a gay person? And how does entering a business transaction with a gay person prohibit you from freely practicing your religion?

Hint
The answers are
nowhere and it doesn't
Nowhere, but specially supporting a gay marriage is different.
printing words on paper for a fee is not supporting anything.

Well that is an interesting question isn't it?

Over 50 years ago, when the first such laws were passed, good Christian business owners felt it was their right not to serve blacks or Jews.

They lost that fight.

Because here is the thing- a business still has to follow the law. A business can't for example ignore city sanitation rules by claiming that his religion doesn't allow him to sanitize his business.

What you're missing is all discrimination laws, except for faghadist, are based on genetics and not personal preferences or conduct. There is nothing in the Constitution as amended that protects personal preferences or conduct form discrimination. Just because a bunch of fags and feel good regressives think it's a good idea to invent some kind of protection doesn't make it constitutional or right. BTW there are protections in the Constitution about involuntary servitude.
Homosexuality is no more of a choice than heterosexuality. What turns you on is pretty much born in you. So yes, you can insist people not have sex, but really, do you think that has or ever would work, anywhere? It may as well be genetic. I've never understood why it is such skin off anyone's nose. You take it to a whole nother level with your hatred.

I don't hate anyone, I just like freedom, you on the other hand have no problem threatening someone's livelihood to force association and involuntary servitude. That child ain't freedom, in fact I think we have an amendment outlawing forced servitude, don't we?
if you do not want to abide by public accommodation and anti-discrimination laws then you are free not to open a business that serves the public

Having a business doesn't mean you must serve every person no matter what they ask, what utter hogwash.

no it means you must not discriminate based on race, religion or sexual orientation per the law

but I bet these people have no problem printing anything else for people who commit adultery or live in sin out of wedlock or who rape and murder right?

So what's so special about the gay sin when they don't give a shit about any other sins their customers commit?

Open to the public doesn't mean publicly owned. You are free to take your business elsewhere.
yet the business owner is not free to violate public accommodation and anti-discrimination laws

If you don't want to obey those laws then you should not have opened a business

Open to the public doesn't mean publicly owned. You are free to take your business elsewhere.
And refusing to participate in a homosexual mockery of a sacrament is not the same as *forbidding* them from engaging in it themselves.
printing words on paper is not participating in anything.

if the printer prints birth announcements for a child born from adultery is he participating in that adultery?

of course not

yet the business owner is not free to violate public accommodation and anti-discrimination laws

You are free to skull fuck an aids encrusted cock, no law against it. Hammer your tonsils on that bad boy and show it who's boss. Pretend it's someone that doesn't want to bake your cake.

I like freedom, you don't. So go stuff your Nazi bullshit up your ass. You tyrannical assholes impose sexual accomodation laws onto the masses because it isn't a Constitutional right to force people to accept what you want. People are getting fed up, your greedy bastards went too far.

And refusing to participate in a homosexual mockery of a sacrament is not the same as *forbidding* them from engaging in it themselves.

if the printer prints birth announcements for a child born from adultery is he participating in that adultery?

of course not
Sure it is you stupid asshole. I turned down work because I didn't want to print the words. You are free to be a dumb fuck, no law against it. But I am free to point it out. That's how freedom works.

it's called a pre-emtive strike.

And they are claiming religious exercise as an exception in this one instance to the PA law, which isn't really a PA law, but a "any time money changes hands law"

So we are in agreement

They are saying their right to free exercise outweighs the local governments authority to regulate commerce in this specific case.
where in the bible does it say you cannot enter a business transaction with a gay person? And how does entering a business transaction with a gay person prohibit you from freely practicing your religion?

Hint
The answers are
nowhere and it doesn't

They aren't being asked to simply print what someone else created. They are being asked to generate the words themselves. That is nothing short of newspeak and Stalinism .

of course not
Sure it is you stupid asshole. I turned down work because I didn't want to print the words. You are free to be a dumb fuck, no law against it. But I am free to point it out. That's how freedom works.
Should a black printer be forced to print posters to the specifications of the KKK?

Those laws violate the Constitution and the rights of the business owner. They should be struck down.

These so called christians have no problem doing business with any other sinner so we know it's not the sin they are afraid of

If they really thought printing words on paper for a gay wedding makes them a participant to the sin of homosexuality then they wouldn't do business with any sinner lest they become a participant in those sins too

so it's not the sin

Bigotry and hypocrisy are part of freedom. The First Amendment gives you the right to be a bigot. Nothing in the Constitution prevents a private business from discriminating against whomever it wants for whatever reason it wants.

You are free to skull fuck an aids encrusted cock, no law against it. Hammer your tonsils on that bad boy and show it who's boss. Pretend it's someone that doesn't want to bake your cake.

I like freedom, you don't. So go stuff your Nazi bullshit up your ass. You tyrannical assholes impose sexual accomodation laws onto the masses because it isn't a Constitutional right to force people to accept what you want. People are getting fed up, your greedy bastards went too far.

Yeah god forbid I call a fucking bigot a bigot

Are you really stupid enough to think that doing business with a gay person makes you guilty of the gay sin?

And wtf is a sexual accommodation law? No one is forcing this printer to have sex with anyone.

IDGAF if people are gay I don't care if it's a choice or not. You have no right to tell people what they an and can't do in their private lives. If you open a business that serves the public you are subject to the law of the land. You don't fucking like it then don't open a fucking business

Those laws violate the Constitution and the rights of the business owner. They should be struck down.
What rights exactly?

These laws do not stop anyone from doing anything protected in the bill of rights.
This bigot hypocrite can still practice his religion, still has freedom of speech still can bear arms still has the protection of the 4th and 5th etc etc etc

You just won't admit that this isn't about religion.

of course not
so if you don't turn down every invitation with the same words then you are a hypocrite and a bigot.

If a person refused to serve a christian simply because he was a christian there'd be an uproar from the religious wackos

So we are in agreement

Hint
The answers are
nowhere and it doesn't

They aren't being asked to simply print what someone else created. They are being asked to generate the words themselves. That is nothing short of newspeak and Stalinism .
no the customer tells them what to print. They just set the type.

have you ever been to a print shop?

so it's not the sin

Bigotry and hypocrisy are part of freedom. The First Amendment gives you the right to be a bigot. Nothing in the Constitution prevents a private business from discriminating against whomever it wants for whatever reason it wants.
yes they are you just can't violate the law while being a bigot

it really is that simple

if you don't like it then get the laws repealed and amend the constitution

Yeah god forbid I call a fucking bigot a bigot

Are you really stupid enough to think that doing business with a gay person makes you guilty of the gay sin?

And wtf is a sexual accommodation law? No one is forcing this printer to have sex with anyone.

IDGAF if people are gay I don't care if it's a choice or not. You have no right to tell people what they an and can't do in their private lives. If you open a business that serves the public you are subject to the law of the land. You don't fucking like it then don't open a fucking business
I'm a bigot because I don't like little Nazi fucks ordering me around? I'm not religious so don't believe in sin, you don't know what you are babbling about. No one said anything about forcing someone into sex, I responded to your comment that making someone print something wasn't forcing them to participate. To you sex is the same as the printed word? No wonder you believe what you do, you're a functional retard.

of course not
so if you don't turn down every invitation with the same words then you are a hypocrite and a bigot.

If a person refused to serve a christian simply because he was a christian there'd be an uproar from the religious wackos
I have no idea what Christians would do, I would leave and not go back, I'm not a little boy tyrant that punishes people for not serving me. All you do is come out with stupider shit to try to support your position.

Hint
The answers are
nowhere and it doesn't

no the customer tells them what to print. They just set the type.

have you ever been to a print shop?
Set the type? LOL, you don't even know what century you're in.

Forum List

Back