Freedom of Religion, not for Christians only!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I get so sick of Evans and even Trump who say there is a "War on Christmas ". The later years when I sent out cards (as you know that is a dying era) , I had to get different ones for my husbands business associates and the unreligious people we know, and our families ( yes a few would get upset if they did not get a religious card).

I find it more appropriate to say Happy Holidays now. Why, because we are suppose to be a country where we have freedom of religion, and I should say, many who use to be religious are now agnostic and or atheists. (admit it)

If one has kids and they are Christians they need to celebrate, and we do buy gifts for the grandkids, but that is it.

the grandkids are spoiled rotten, and when we never know what to get them. I want to tell them we are donating their gifts to Toys for Tots, but that would go over like ,What the heck !!!

I also think Freedom of Religion includes , freedom from religion. At this point I can skip Christmas and even New Years, and I am so sick of Christmas stories on TV unless they are comedies.

I have become a happy scrooge and I want to stay that way, so please do not think I'm missing anything.

I get so sick of Evans and even Trump who say there is a "War on Christmas ". The later years when I sent out cards (as you know that is a dying era) , I had to get different ones for my husbands business associates and the unreligious people we know, and our families ( yes a few would get upset if they did not get a religious card).

I find it more appropriate to say Happy Holidays now. Why, because we are suppose to be a country where we have freedom of religion, and I should say, many who use to be religious are now agnostic and or atheists. (admit it)

If one has kids and they are Christians they need to celebrate, and we do buy gifts for the grandkids, but that is it.

the grandkids are spoiled rotten, and when we never know what to get them. I want to tell them we are donating their gifts to Toys for Tots, but that would go over like ,What the heck !!!

I also think Freedom of Religion includes , freedom from religion. At this point I can skip Christmas and even New Years, and I am so sick of Christmas stories on TV unless they are comedies.

I have become a happy scrooge and I want to stay that way, so please do not think I'm missing anything.
Fine, be a happy scrooge. Yapping about it is just as tiresome as the War on Christmas, don't you think?

compost-----it is difficult for our penny to post-----she has nothing to say

A holiday invented by Bolsheviks to show end year profits to potential investors. It has zero to do with Yeshua. It's just business

I say, "Merry Christmas and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and yours this Christmas season".....I say it loudly so others can hear it with a big smile and in all sincerity.

I fully expect one of these times, a LWNJ hater will attack me.

As Jesus said: You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Fine, be a happy scrooge. Yapping about it is just as tiresome as the War on Christmas, don't you think?

did Trump say that there is a war on Christmas? I am intrigued----I wonder to what he referred.------He is a New York boy and-----had business in Atlantic City, etc. I never
noticed a "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" in those areas. Anyone got anything about this "WAR" in those areas of the world?
Religious observance, adherence and interest is VARIABLE
over time-----historically

did Trump say that there is a war on Christmas? I am intrigued----I wonder to what he referred.------He is a New York boy and-----had business in Atlantic City, etc. I never
noticed a "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" in those areas. Anyone got anything about this "WAR" in those areas of the world?
Religious observance, adherence and interest is VARIABLE
over time-----historically
Uh huh. Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays cards?

Do you send those same cards on St Patricks day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Valentines day, Columbus Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving?

Oh, BTW...

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays cards?

Do you send those same cards on St Patricks day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Valentines day, Columbus Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving?

Oh, BTW...

Merry Christmas

"HAPPY HOLIDAY" cards annoy me--------to avoid the Christmas thing, ONE COULD SAY ----HAPPY NEW YEAR----to the unaffiliated

Awww. You're missing a Christmas card. I want to give one to you. This is sincere, now, Penelope. I want you to have a Christmas card. I always say merry christmas, but no matter what you call the time of year in your home, I hope it is happy and blessed. I don't have grandkids yet, but hope to one day. I'm definitely gonna be a spoiler.

8OEkqda.jpg

I say we need cards that read, "Have a Nice Day!" We can send those to the perpetually perturbed every day.

I say, "Merry Christmas and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and yours this Christmas season".....I say it loudly so others can hear it with a big smile and in all sincerity.

As Jesus said: You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Oh brother. I do not hate you gipper!!

Happy Holidays cards?

Oh, BTW...

Merry Christmas

I do not send cards anymore, and everyday is special. I have brought all my Christmas deco to the Salvation Army , except for a few things.

To state there is a War on Christmas I do not see it. Stores and people say Happy Holidays because they realize the constitution says Freedom of Religion and our country has a huge diversity of people.

It has also no meaning anymore, its too commercialized and too long.

Awww. You're missing a Christmas card. I want to give one to you. This is sincere, now, Penelope. I want you to have a Christmas card. I always say merry christmas, but no matter what you call the time of year in your home, I hope it is happy and blessed. I don't have grandkids yet, but hope to one day. I'm definitely gonna be a spoiler.

8OEkqda.jpg

Thank you. I do not have a war on Christmas.

Oh brother. I do not hate you gipper!!
Who said you did?

I love you.

8OEkqda.jpg

what happened to the elf who put the red ribbons
on the tree? did he survive falling thru the ice?

You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

did Mary have a choice in the affair ...

She DID NOT HAVE TO BE----such a --goody-two-shoes
She DID NOT HAVE TO BE----such a --goody-two-shoes

considering the closing scene for the roughien she raised she may have had a few more sparks than the 4th century version written in their book. *(Hint) - good friends with Mary Madeline.

Forum List

Back