🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Freedom to insult.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Liberals claim to be champions of free speech. So why are they always trying to tell people what they can and cannot say? They burn our flag, and slap each other on the back, calling it free speech. Try burning a Mexican flag, and you're a racist. How about a gay flag? You're a homophobe. A muslim flag? You're an Islamaphobe. Is that not also freedom of speech? I don't care if you stupid libs are offended. Burning the American flag is offensive, but you don't seem to care. You call it free speech, then attack those who practice the same free speech. If offensive speech is not protected, then there is no such thing as freedom of speech. You do not care about free speech, unless it is you doing it. Everyone else needs to STFU. Right? WRONG! Don't like it? I don't care. You do not have a Constitutional right to not be offended. Get over it.

You have freedom of speech and can say whatever the fuck you want but the rest of America, also having free speech, can call you an asshole for your asshole opinions. You want the right to be a dick and there never be any repercussions, that is not how the 1st amendment works.

Liberals claim to be champions of free speech. So why are they always trying to tell people what they can and cannot say? They burn our flag, and slap each other on the back, calling it free speech. Try burning a Mexican flag, and you're a racist. How about a gay flag? You're a homophobe. A muslim flag? You're an Islamaphobe. Is that not also freedom of speech? I don't care if you stupid libs are offended. Burning the American flag is offensive, but you don't seem to care. You call it free speech, then attack those who practice the same free speech. If offensive speech is not protected, then there is no such thing as freedom of speech. You do not care about free speech, unless it is you doing it. Everyone else needs to STFU. Right? WRONG! Don't like it? I don't care. You do not have a Constitutional right to not be offended. Get over it.

Who is saying you can't burn any flag you want? Aside from Trump of course.

• Banned

Liberals say stuff like that all the time. Remember that Minister who burned the Koran? Liberals are easily offended. Usually by the truth. This is why they try to suppress it. It's what they do.

If you don't have a Constitutional tight not to be offended, what's behind your opposition to flag burning?

Can someone get a lot of warmth from a burning flag? No, flags aren't fuel. Can someone get a reliable source of light from a burning flag? No. They burn too quickly and throw little light compared to flashlights or even torches.

So why would someone burn a flag? The only viable reason I can think of, other than disposing of a worn out flag, is to make a political statement. Isn't the very kernel of freedom of speech the freedom to make a political statement?

Now, you can burn any flag you wish. Mexican, ISIS, rainbow. The pushback you will feel is just as heartfelt and sincere as the pushback felt by those who would burn an American flag. Flags are symbols and cherished symbols at that. But if you want to live in freedom, not just have a thin veneer of freedom, you must have the right to burn a flag. And the right to be considered an asshole for doing so. Society's attitude is not restricted by the constitution.

Last edited:

Liberals say stuff like that all the time. Remember that Minister who burned the Koran? Liberals are easily offended. Usually by the truth. This is why they try to suppress it. It's what they do.

There is a difference between only being offended and having the government restrict those rights. Trump wants to see the latter.

• Banned
You have freedom of speech and can say whatever the fuck you want but the rest of America, also having free speech, can call you an asshole for your asshole opinions. You want the right to be a dick and there never be any repercussions, that is not how the 1st amendment works.
I don't care what you call me. But the left has constantly tried to silence the opposition, by any means at their disposal. Even going so far as to have people who disagree with them thrown in Jail. I am simply pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the left.

You can burn all those flags and it's STILL free speech.

However - you're still subject to the CONSEQUENCES of free speech, such as being called: Unpatriotic, anti-American, treasonous, racist, homophobe etc."....

(what the hell is a "Muslim flag"?)

• Banned

There is a difference between only being offended and having the government restrict those rights. Trump wants to see the latter.
LINK? And you know perfectly well that the Left has used the law to silence the opposition. Once again, I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy. If what you say about Trump is accurate, why don't you post a link, and I'll take a look at it.

I don't care what you call me. But the left has constantly tried to silence the opposition, by any means at their disposal. Even going so far as to have people who disagree with them thrown in Jail. I am simply pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the left.
When has "the left" thrown people in jail for nothing more than disagreement? Quit talking out of your ass. Being personally insulted over the rules of decency society has set for itself is fucktarded.

LINK? And you know perfectly well that the Left has used the law to silence the opposition. Once again, I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy. If what you say about Trump is accurate, why don't you post a link, and I'll take a look at it.

Do you even know why this subject is in the news today? TRUMP!

When has "the left" thrown people in jail for nothing more than disagreement? Quit talking out of your ass. Being personally insulted over the rules of decency society has set for itself is fucktarded.
Here you go. Man Faces 6 Months in Jail For Disagreeing With Feminists on Twitter

Do you even know why this subject is in the news today? TRUMP!
Still waiting for the link.

Yet you failed to address his main points.

Run to your safe space!

Here you go. Man Faces 6 Months in Jail For Disagreeing With Feminists on Twitter
Canada? Infowars? Are you high?

Pastor Terry Jones Arrested Before Planned Quran Burning

However - you're still subject to the CONSEQUENCES of free speech, such as being called: Unpatriotic, anti-American, treasonous, racist, homophobe etc."....

There are 57 Islamic countries I'm sure Google has pictures of their flags.

Pastor Terry Jones Arrested Before Planned Quran Burning

Forum List

Back