French President Hollande: Fight Against ISIS Demands Constitutional Changes

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“We are at war, this new kind of war demands a constitution that can manage a state in crisis."

During a rare trip to the Palace of Versailles Monday French President François Hollande called on lawmakers to change France’s constitution in order to better protect the country.

Hollande referred to article 36 of the charter as outdated, and asked that parliament change it to give the government greater power without needing to resort to a state of emergency.

“We are at war, this new kind of war demands a constitution that can manage a state in crisis," he said.

More: Hollande: Fight Against ISIS Demands Constitutional Changes

Constitutional changes? Will the U.S. follow? I suspect some members of Congress are contemplating doing something similar to our U.S. Constitution. It wouldn't surprise me to hear some GOP presidential candidates discussing that in the near future.

as far as the US it depends what they would be , maybe better Gun Rights like Constitutional Carry and target ranges at public grade schools starting in 4th grade . ------------------------------------ As far as the FRENCH , well they already have something akin to martial law where the gov can do whatever it likes . If you have watched tv in the last day or 2 you'll also see balaclava wearing and machine gun toting military or coppers on French streets . French also have newly closed borders which is good and maybe they'll start deportations of their enemy population soon . --------------------- Anyway , interesting times coming world wide and I hope that all liberals have a buncha young kids Lakhota !!

as far as the US it depends what they would be , maybe better Gun Rights like Constitutional Carry and target ranges at public grade schools starting in 4th grade . ------------------------------------ As far as the FRENCH , well they already have something akin to martial law where the gov can do whatever it likes . If you have watched tv in the last day or 2 you'll also see balaclava wearing and machine gun toting military or coppers on French streets . French also have newly closed borders which is good and maybe they'll start deportations of their enemy population soon . --------------------- Anyway , interesting times coming world wide and I hope that all liberals have a buncha young kids Lakhota !!

You hope that all liberals have a buncha young kids? What does that mean?

We don't need a constitutional change.

We need a declaration of war against ISIS.

I don't know what is involved in changing the French constitution, but amending ours is considerably difficult and it was designed that way on purpose. We can't allow fear to make decisions that could turn out to be reckless down the road.

Forum List

Back