Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

No problem. I would never eat fried chicken from a white person. I like my chicken to taste good.

You shouldn't be eating it at all. It's MY culture. You guys don't want us stealing dreadlocks or rap music. So don't steal OUR culture.

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Of course Chicken Fried Steak is basically variation of Wiener Schnitzel, so that's MY culture, I think our people brought it to your South in the 19th Century.

I agree.

But slavery is over.

The Scots moved mainly to the north of the U.S. What we consider southern fried chicken today is what slaves developed. Same as southern BBQ.

I agree.

But slavery is over.

It was done in Scotland. But also in West Africa...

More from The WIki:
>> When it was introduced to the American South, fried chicken became a common staple. Later, as the slave trade led to Africans being brought to work on southern plantations, the slaves who became cooks incorporated seasonings and spices that were absent in traditional Scottish cuisine, enriching the flavor.[11] Since most slaves were unable to raise expensive meats, but generally allowed to keep chickens, frying chicken on special occasions continued in the African American communities of the South. It endured the fall of slavery and gradually passed into common use as a general Southern dish. Since fried chicken traveled well in hot weather before refrigeration was commonplace, it gained further favor in the periods of American history when segregation closed off most restaurants to the black population. Fried chicken continues to be among this region's top choices for "Sunday dinner" among both blacks and whites. <<
--- which means drawing a distinction between "fried chicken" (the end result) and the act of frying chicken (choosing a cooking method). What you refer to in the OP is the former ---- the noun. And that's very much African. :ack-1:

Then there's okra, which is what the African word "gumbo" means, and a whole lot more....

>> Africans were accustomed to large quantities of greens and vegetables in their diet, so black cooks incorporated more of these sorts of foods into the daily fare of the white man. Some historians say that the addition of such vitamin- and mineral-rich food plants saved white slaveholders from nutritional deficiencies.

The diet in Africa was centered around stews served over a starchy base such as rice; or “fufu,” a pounded mass of boiled yams, cassava, or millet. The effect of this food habit is today especially evident in Louisiana-style cookery in which chicken or seafood is served with a sauce over a bed of rice. Cajun dishes such as gumbo and jambalaya also demonstrate the African hand.

Ofttimes people destined to become slaves in the United States passed through the way station of the West Indies. Here the Creole islanders' spicy cuisine might add inspiration (and unwritten recipes) to the African cooks' repertoire. Soon Southland plantation families were enjoying black creations of cornbread, “African” vegetables, pot liquor, and sweet potato puddings; and experiencing somewhat different cooking techniques, for the Africans were fond of deep fat frying and grilling. Thanks also to black influence, certain foods were introduced to this country, or utilized to a greater extent. Black-eyed peas, hominy grits, okra, eggplant, benne (sesame) seed, sorghum, and melons were emphasized by cooks of African origin. << ---- from The African Influence on Southern Cuisine

Anybody who lives in the South and denies the heavy African influence on the food they eat, the music they hear and even the way they talk in everyday speech, is just being willfully ignorant.

Of course there are those among us who are already experienced in that.

Last edited:

I agree.

But slavery is over.

Of course Chicken Fried Steak is basically variation of Wiener Schnitzel, so that's MY culture, I think our people brought it to your South in the 19th Century.

That one has always puzzled me. HOW do you train a chicken to fry a steak?? They have no hands. :dunno:

I agree.

But slavery is over.

That one has always puzzled me. HOW do you train a chicken to fry a steak?? They have no hands. :dunno:

I think they sit down and use their feet as hands.

When I was in Texas, they brought me Chicken Fried Steak and I thought this is pretty much a variation of Wiener Schnitzel. So then I read about this Chicken Fried Steak and yes I was correct, we brought it to you in the 19th Century, what I couldn't understand though is why do you refer to it as Chicken Fried Steak?

I agree.

But slavery is over.

When I was in Texas, they brought me Chicken Fried Steak and I thought this is pretty much a variation of Wiener Schnitzel. So then I read about this Chicken Fried Steak and yes I was correct, we brought it to you in the 19th Century, what I couldn't understand though is why do you refer to it as Chicken Fried Steak?

B/c Wiener Schnitzel sounds super gay

No problem. I would never eat fried chicken from a white person. I like my chicken to taste good.

You shouldn't be eating it at all. It's MY culture. You guys don't want us stealing dreadlocks or rap music. So don't steal OUR culture.

I dont care if you wear dreds or try to rap. Eating fried chicken made by Black people is not stealing your culture we made fried chicken in Africa before we got to the americas..

I dont care if you wear dreds or try to rap. Eating fried chicken made by Black people is not stealing your culture.

Are you yourself black?

I agree.

But slavery is over.

Beats da shit outta me --- I've never even had it, though I've certainly heard of it but the name always incites that image of a chicken frying a steak. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure they changed the name from Wienerschnitzel because that would require actually learning how to pronounce a foreign word. And we can't have that. :eusa_snooty:

But we also have a commercial cereal called "Grape Nuts". Guess what two ingredients are not in there.

I dont care if you wear dreds or try to rap. Eating fried chicken made by Black people is not stealing your culture.
Are you yourself black?
Yes.

I agree.

But slavery is over.

Beats da shit outta me --- I've never even had it, though I've certainly heard of it but the name always incites that image of a chicken frying a steak. Doesn't make any sense.

But we also have a commercial cereal called "Grape Nuts". Guess what two ingredients are not in there.

No grapes and no nuts....so why are they calling it "Grape Nuts"?

I agree.

But slavery is over.

B/c Wiener Schnitzel sounds super gay

Oh, it does does it? :tank: :meow:

Being white, I promise not to murder anyone, pimp or sell drugs in respect to preserving the integrity of black culture.

Render unto Otis that which is Otis's.

Forum List

Back