From where do you get political information?

• FOX NEWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Radio (NPR, Local talk shows)

• My neighbor

• Source websites

• Total voters

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015

There are many ways to get every angle on a story.

Is abortion murder, or is abortion the freedom of acting without consequences? Depends on your perspective.

I get mine from all over and I compare narratives. I pay attention to the framing devices and the word choices employed to try to influence me. I ask myself "What isn't being told" as much as I ask myself what is, and I consider the source, especially in regards to whose interests they represent.

CNN saw more declines than its cable news counterparts. The network averaged 492,000 total viewers across the 24-hour day time period (total day) in Q4 ’21, which places it at No. 6 on basic cable. The 492,000 is -18% from what the network averaged in Q3 ’21 and -67% from the Q4 of ’20. CNN also averaged 642,000 total viewers in primetime, placing it at No. 16. The 642,000 average is -22% from Q3 ’21, and -73% from Q4 of ’20, which had been a phenomenal quarter for the network featuring a presidential election campaign.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

I get mine from all over and I compare narratives. I pay attention to the framing devices and the word choices employed to try to influence me. I ask myself "What isn't being told" as much as I ask myself what is, and I consider the source, especially in regards to whose interests they represent.

More people should do this rather than just taking what Maddow and Lemon and Hannity tell them.

These days I actually get most of my political insight from this forum. I read articles from all kinds of sources. Right wing, left wing, centrist etc. I think reading from multiple sources and then observing and participating in disagreements about various topics is the best way to have a realistic point of view.

More people should do this rather than just taking what Maddow and Lemon and Hannity tell them.
I watch Maddow...and ignore lots of what she reports on. When I am "hooked" on something she's talking about I verify using multiple sources...including the Hill, Politico, MSM, WAPO,NY Times, local newspapers...

That sure says it all.

You probably think she is a News reporter, too, don't ya?
Isn't it interesting that you ignored and cropped out the rest of what I said

"and ignore lots of what she reports on. When I am "hooked" on something she's talking about I verify using multiple sources...including the Hill, Politico, MSM, WAPO,NY Times, local newspapers..."

There are many ways to get every angle on a story.

Is abortion murder, or is abortion the freedom of acting without consequences? Depends on your perspective.

I go to sites like Instapundit, Ace of Spade HQ and Hot Air for the initial story, then I go to CNN or Daily Kos to see what the other side thinks.

If you aren't reading the oppositions sites you aren't getting the whole view of the situation.

Isn't it interesting that you ignored and cropped out the rest of what I said

"and ignore lots of what she reports on. When I am "hooked" on something she's talking about I verify using multiple sources...including the Hill, Politico, MSM, WAPO,NY Times, local newspapers..."
Yet her every opinion is yours.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

I watch Maddow...and ignore lots of what she reports on. When I am "hooked" on something she's talking about I verify using multiple sources...including the Hill, Politico, MSM, WAPO,NY Times, local newspapers...
That's interesting to me. You seem to understand that left wing media has its head up its ass sometimes. I've never really seen you being critical of the left though. Why is that?

That's interesting to me. You seem to understand that left wing media has its head up its ass sometimes. I've never really seen you being critical of the left though. Why is that?
A. For the most part I agree with "the left"

B. I'm not about to give the RWNJs ammunition

A. For the most part I agree with "the left"

B. I'm not about to give the RWNJs ammunition
Criticism from people that believe in left wing thinking is vital to the left. The left has to police itself. I think you trying to be critical of the left in a constructive way would be more valuable than you trying to fight right wingers. Looking inward and improving our side is how we beat them in my opinion.

LOL

Jesse Watters kicked your girls butt with the debut of his new show, Jesse Watter's Primetime.

Looking like Rachael has gone into hiding since Watter's shot her ratings all to hell.
TheWrap

jessewater400.png

About 3.8 million watched Monday's premiere of Jesse Watters Primetime. That's more viewers than any Fox News Primetime telecast in the 7 p.m. timeslot.
Got her ass kicked by Jesse......LOL

Mon, 31 January 2022 at 5:04 pm

Rachel Maddow Is Going on Hiatus From MSNBC For This Reason

Rachel Maddow Is Going on Hiatus From MSNBC For This Reason

Rachel Maddow has announced that she’ll be taking a leave of absence from MSNBC.
The 48-year-old newscaster revealed that she’s stepping back from the network for the time being and focusing on a few other projects that are part of her overall deal with NBCUniversal.

According to Variety, Rachel‘s hour will have rotating anchors as she puts her attention on to a mix of new media projects and other content.
The outlet reports that one of the projects includes a new podcast for NBCUniversal, as well as a movie based on her book “Bag Man,” which analyzes the scandal around former U.S. Vice President Spiro Agnew.
Variety added that Rachel is expected to start to scale back her duties in April or May, but will return to her desk for big news events, such as President Biden’s coming State of the Union address.
It was actually rumored last year that Rachel would be leaving the network entirely in 2022.

Forum List

Back