Ft. Hood suspect may plead guilty

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By Angela K. Brown - The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Mar 1, 2013 18:46:42 EST

More than three years after the deadly shooting rampage at Fort Hood, an Army psychiatrist may soon describe details of the terrifying attack for the first time, if he's allowed to plead guilty to lesser charges.

Maj. Nidal Hasan would be required to describe his actions and answer questions about the Nov. 5, 2009, attack on the Texas Army post if the judge allows him to plead guilty to the lesser charges, as his attorneys have said he wants to do.

Read more @ Ft. Hood suspect may plead guilty - Military News | News From Afghanistan, Iraq And Around The World - Military Times

Allowing this piece of slime to plea bargain his way out of the death penalty turns my stomach. However, it does say that the judge might block the plea if his testimony shows he's just using it to get off light. As far as I'm concerned, he out to eat bullets from a firing squad.

:evil:

Lesser charges with over 200 rounds fired and 175 unfired rounds in his pocket? Do they think they have the wrong man? I wonder how much influence the administration has over the alleged military court martial.

Pretty much all he could hope for is a life sentence instead of the death penalty.

I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in prison, I'd rather be executed the next day.

By Angela K. Brown - The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Mar 1, 2013 18:46:42 EST

More than three years after the deadly shooting rampage at Fort Hood, an Army psychiatrist may soon describe details of the terrifying attack for the first time, if he's allowed to plead guilty to lesser charges.

Maj. Nidal Hasan would be required to describe his actions and answer questions about the Nov. 5, 2009, attack on the Texas Army post if the judge allows him to plead guilty to the lesser charges, as his attorneys have said he wants to do.

Read more @ Ft. Hood suspect may plead guilty - Military News | News From Afghanistan, Iraq And Around The World - Military Times

Allowing this piece of slime to plea bargain his way out of the death penalty turns my stomach. However, it does say that the judge might block the plea if his testimony shows he's just using it to get off light. As far as I'm concerned, he out to eat bullets from a firing squad.

:evil:

While the Fort Hood shooting by major Hasan is very tragic in every which way, the case exposes several problems with the military: For starters, I am of the opinion that non-nationals should not be recruited by the military - because of conflict of interest (as was the case with major Hasan, who could not bear seeing his people unnecessarily killed by the US and its imperialistic allies).

I believe the problem arose when the military refused to discharge major Hasan who had requested to be discharged. You also forget that PTSD is part and parcel of this case. And the fact that a judge in this case had the audacity to order that major Hasan's beard be forced shaved, gave the defense a loophole for advantaged plea bargain and even a mistrial.

If only we would remember the basics of being human, then a lot of worldwide madness would be avoided: Humans are naturally beings with compassion and tend to stay away from cold-blooded acts, except as acts of revenge.

Forum List

Back