Funniest 'weekend update' bit in years sparks outrage

A topic for discussion on CNN last night. 'Stereotypes' and I don't know what else.

I saw the clip--wasn't great--was not offensive.

'Some' will always be upset---I acknowledge that.

She made a good point. If it had not been for selective breeding in those slave days, we might not have the NFL and NBA that we have today.

SNL is consistently not funny per usual. The fugly black woman was somewhat entertaining however in the "being 30 and older and pretty fugly, can't get laid" genre of humor.

I laughed my ass off when I watched it.

But then again I don't harbor the guilty conscience of a racist.

It was pretty funny. I liked the part about choosing her if you're about to get beat down by Crips members.

What would the outrage be over? Where I live that is a day in the life of a middle class, suburban, neosegregationist black.
Her slave bit would make her a slave one-percenter.

Allegedly there was outrage that SNL--after criticism for not having AA women--didn't showcase the talent properly.

The things that are now so important --don't seem that important to me.

In its heyday--SNL was regarded as entertainment, at least by those I knew. No more no less.

Belushi---what could be said about his skits---funny or not funny and the consensus was usually funny. fwiw.

"Edgy humor", is how I would describe it.

20 years ago my mouth may have dropped open, today I wouldn't bat an eye.

It was cute but had nowhere near the impact that this did.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuEBBwJdjhQ]Word Association - Saturday Night Live - YouTube[/ame]

I thought it was hilarious!!

Can a bitch get a beef bowl?!!!!

:thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back