FYI - Massive Data Breach!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
It is reported that 2.9 billion American's personal data has been stolen. This includes everything including our social security numbers, every address we've live at, phone numbers, EVERYTHING!! The data was taken from National Public Data which sells this data to the government, police, employers, et (typically for background checks) and the data was not encrypted.

2.9 Billion People May Have Been Compromised in National Public Data Breach. Here’s What You Need to Know
And every business wants us to go paperless. Screw them.

facepalm.gif

Something not quite right with this story.

• The current population of the United States of America is 345,648,900 as of Wednesday, August 14, 2024, based on Worldometer's elaboration of the latest United Nations data1.

Something not quite right with this story.

• The current population of the United States of America is 345,648,900 as of Wednesday, August 14, 2024, based on Worldometer's elaboration of the latest United Nations data1.
Those records also includes deceased Americans. Every scrap of information about all of us living and dead.

2.9 billion Americans, yet the U.S. population is currently just 337,000,000...

This is why I invested in life lock... and I never pay a bill on-line I make them send me a paper bill... it drives my Dentist crazy but I tell him I do not trust the internet...
I had an SBA loan that I paid off in 2018 and they all about demanded I pay on line I refused....
The only thing I pay electronically is Amazon prime and I refused to give them my SSN... and I only use my Am Ex card...

2.9 billion Americans, yet the U.S. population is currently just 337,000,000...

As I replied to one other, living and dead......... The annual death rate in the US is 3.47 million, that adds up quickly especially if we go back to when we started keeping these records.

As I replied to one other, living and dead......... The annual death rate in the US is 3.47 million, that adds up quickly especially if we go back to when we started keeping these records.
According to the website I posted a link to, 55% of the population of the USA, from the colonial time to now, is alive today.
The numbers just aren't there.

This is why I invested in life lock... and I never pay a bill on-line I make them send me a paper bill... it drives my Dentist crazy but I tell him I do not trust the internet...
I had an SBA loan that I paid off in 2018 and they all about demanded I pay on line I refused....
The only thing I pay electronically is Amazon prime and I refused to give them my SSN... and I only use my Am Ex card...
I do the same. I had a mortgage company that was getting real pushy with me--so I made them send me a payoff in paper form and I paid it off with a check. Screw them and their online crap.

According to the website I posted a link to, 55% of the population of the USA, from the colonial time to now, is alive today.
The numbers just aren't there.
Records have been kept since the founding of our republic but more so starting in the early 1900s. All of those records have been digitized over the years. Granted the 2.9 may be the number of records and not the number of people however if you look it up online everyone so far is saying 2.9 people.

Records have been kept since the founding of our republic but more so starting in the early 1900s. All of those records have been digitized over the years. Granted the 2.9 may be the number of records and not the number of people however if you look it up online everyone so far is saying 2.9 people.
I am guessing it includes citizens of other nations, although the article doesn't say that. But if so that's over a third of the Earth's population.

Forum List

Back