Gabby Giffords says Americans "overwhelmingly" support expanding background checks

And Ted Nugent says the opposite.. I guess they cancel each other out... so let's get back to reality

Diamond "The Weasel" Dave

Is it typical of a Liberal to reply with an insult when he/she hasn't an argument to make?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
No.. there is not proof that it is true..

Over 90 percent of Americans support gun background checks: poll | Reuters

Its a poll, it doesn't need all that: Over 90 percent of Americans support gun background checks: poll | Reuters

But we know that does not stop the likes of you and other wingers (like Gabby) with ludicrous claims

Like Nugent being true? You find that link yet buddy? Did it get lost?

The poll is old and there is no link to the actual poll itself. What were the questions asked? Where did the people polled live?

Thank god you showed up, Dave was sinking by himself. lol

And Ted Nugent says the opposite.. I guess they cancel each other out... so let's get back to reality

Is it typical of a Liberal to reply with an insult when he/she hasn't an argument to make?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-Abraham Lincoln

What I couldn't hear you over this

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...giffords-says-americans-overwhelmingly-suppo/

Our ruling

In her op-ed, Giffords said polls show that Americans "overwhelmingly" support "expanding background checks." Four independent polls taken in the previous month showed that some sort of expansion of background checks earned the support of between 83 percent and 91 percent of respondents, a level of backing we think qualifies as "overwhelming." We rate her statement True.

I hear she can count to potato now to.

wonder+woman+barry.jpg

What was that?

Over 90 percent of Americans support gun background checks: poll | Reuters

Its a poll, it doesn't need all that: Over 90 percent of Americans support gun background checks: poll | Reuters

Like Nugent being true? You find that link yet buddy? Did it get lost?

The poll is old and there is no link to the actual poll itself. What were the questions asked? Where did the people polled live?

Thank god you showed up, Dave was sinking by himself. lol

Can you dispute what I said with facts? How about a current poll, with a link to the actual poll itself?

Money from the gun control side will bury the NRA in the next election.

Sure, and they have 3.1 million registered members. Care to compete with that my friend? Yeah, and then you have a whole host of gun manufacturers, and 80 million gun owners to contend with.

Sure, they'll get buried, in money, not with it.

Funny that it is you acting like the weasel, stating I said something that I did not actually say.... funny that it is you and your ilk using the answers by unspecific questions on a specific bill issue...

You are the one sinking all by yourself..

It is truly sad though... I hate seeing a mind wasted like yours appears to be

Funny that it is you acting like the weasel, stating I said something that I did not actually say.... funny that it is you and your ilk using the answers by unspecific questions on a specific bill issue...

I bet...you've gotta be looking for a solution to your dementia setting in

Sure, and they have 3.1 million registered members. Care to compete with that my friend? Yeah, and then you have a whole host of gun manufacturers, and 80 million gun owners to contend with.

New Poll of NRA Members by Frank Luntz Shows Strong Support for Common-Sense Gun Laws, Exposing Sign

NEW POLL OF NRA MEMBERS BY FRANK LUNTZ SHOWS STRONG SUPPORT FOR COMMON-SENSE GUN LAWS, EXPOSING SIGNIFICANT DIVIDE BETWEEN RANK-AND-FILE MEMBERS AND NRA LEADERSHIP

Gun Owners Believe Protecting Second Amendment Goes Hand-in-Hand with Keeping Guns Out of the Hands of Criminals

Overwhelming Support for Background Checks for All Buyers; Barring Terror Suspects from Firearm Ownership; and Requiring Reporting of Lost and Stolen Guns – Measures Opposed by the

New Poll of NRA Members by Frank Luntz Shows Strong Support for Common-Sense Gun Laws, Exposing Sign

NEW POLL OF NRA MEMBERS BY FRANK LUNTZ SHOWS STRONG SUPPORT FOR COMMON-SENSE GUN LAWS, EXPOSING SIGNIFICANT DIVIDE BETWEEN RANK-AND-FILE MEMBERS AND NRA LEADERSHIP

Gun Owners Believe Protecting Second Amendment Goes Hand-in-Hand with Keeping Guns Out of the Hands of Criminals

Overwhelming Support for Background Checks for All Buyers; Barring Terror Suspects from Firearm Ownership; and Requiring Reporting of Lost and Stolen Guns – Measures Opposed by the

And what makes you think I take Frank Luntz seriously? And who do they define as "criminals"? In fact, it only links to a poll in 2011 that the MAIG did themselves, not to the poll in question. This is also an activist site and should not be taken at all seriously. At any rate, half does not mean "overwhelming support." Please go read a dictionary.

Ans lastly, why do you think I'll take that seriously when it has MICHEAL BLOOMBERG'S CONTACT INFORMATION signed to it?!

You're an idiot, push that crap on someone else.

Last edited:
But they will not support the common sense law when poison pills and overreaching amendments are attached to it.. yet the left will scream they are against the bill while omitting the important info about the amendments or poison pills

I bet...you've gotta be looking for a solution to your dementia setting in

Yet you were the one claiming I said something I did not, they tried to get me to prove what you falsely claimed I said.. then tried to call me out for not backing up your false claim'

Priceless

And what makes you think I take Frank Luntz seriously? In fact, it only links to a poll in 2011 that the MAIG did themselves, not to the poll in question. This is also an activist site and should not be taken at all seriously. At any rate, half does not mean "overwhelming support." Please go read a dictionary.
Where do you get half?

From the same link:

Among the survey’s key findings:

87 percent of NRA members agree that support for Second Amendment rights goes hand-in-hand with keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

There is very strong support for criminal background checks among NRA members and gun owners:
74 percent of NRA members and 87 percent of non-NRA gun owners support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.
79 percent of NRA members and 80 percent of non-NRA gun owners support requiring gun retailers to perform background checks on all employees – a measure recently endorsed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms industry.

Forum List

Back