Gabby Giffords says Americans "overwhelmingly" support expanding background checks

Jared Loughner passed a background check. It didn't save Gabby or the other victims.

This effort by the Senators is the classic "let's pass something to feel good" aka "bullshit legislation".

Fuck Gabby Giffords....Grandstanding little hack.

Nobody will ever accuse you of having any class. Of that, I am sure.
The ones with no class are the ghouls standing on dead children, to push their worthless and ineffective authoritarian central controller agenda, hack....This includes the classless Giffords.

LOL Mustang and the libtards are talking about class?
The side that turns funerals into political speeches?
The side that uses grieving victums to push legislation that wouldnt have stopped the tragedy?
This is the crew that had Michael J Fox and Jersey Girls make campaign adds and then noone was supposed to oppose them. These people?

Liberals have balls, but too bad they just use em to suck each other off.

Last edited:
The ones with no class are the ghouls standing on dead children, to push their worthless and ineffective authoritarian central controller agenda, hack....This includes the classless Giffords.

The side that uses grieving victums to push legislation that wouldnt have stopped the tragedy?
This is the crew that had Michael J Fox and Jersey Girls make campaign adds and then noone was supposed to oppose them. These people?

You're confused.

The Sandy Hook families, just like the Jersey Girls, were perfectly within their rights to seek to express their views in the political forum. It's called a redress of grievances. Or haven't you heard of that? And they weren't exploited. They jumped in of their own free will. What WAS shocking is how the right tried to vilify the people, and not just their position on an issue.

But let's talk about exploitation for a minute. You know what >I< heard the day after the Boston Marathon bombing. I heard radio hosts like Mike Gallagher going after Obama because he didn't call the bombing a terrorist attack despite the fact that it was obvious that's what it was. And naturally, the attack on Obama in the aftermath of the bombing was just one MORE way to undermine the president. But in the shadow of an attack on American civilians that was only hours old, it was, at best, a callous and obvious display of a lack of love of country because people like Gallagher couldn't put their self-interest on hold even momentarily.

And why do I say self-interest? Because Gallagher's rant didn't have anything to do with patriotism, or conservatism, or a concern for how the problem of terrorism is addressed. Gallagher was merely trying to be provocative in order to raise his profile in the talk radio world as he went on and on about how people responded to his statements on his Facebook fan page. Now, THAT is what's called exploiting a tragedy for personal (not political) gain.

Fuck Gabby Giffords....Grandstanding little hack.

Exactly. The only people who should be ashamed are the ones who use a tragedy to push their agenda. If the failed worthless bill had any merit it should have stood on it's own.

Those with real common sense know that if this bill passed and another shooting happened the lefties would state we didn't go far enough and would seek to pass more measures restricting the rights of gun owners.

You're confused.

The Sandy Hook families, just like the Jersey Girls, were perfectly within their rights to seek to express their views in the political forum. It's called a redress of grievances. Or haven't you heard of that? And they weren't exploited. They jumped in of their own free will. What WAS shocking is how the right tried to vilify the people, and not just their position on an issue.

But let's talk about exploitation for a minute. You know what >I< heard the day after the Boston Marathon bombing. I heard radio hosts like Mike Gallagher going after Obama because he didn't call the bombing a terrorist attack despite the fact that it was obvious that's what it was. And naturally, the attack on Obama in the aftermath of the bombing was just one MORE way to undermine the president. But in the shadow of an attack on American civilians that was only hours old, it was, at best, a callous and obvious display of a lack of love of country because people like Gallagher couldn't put their self-interest on hold even momentarily.

And why do I say self-interest? Because Gallagher's rant didn't have anything to do with patriotism, or conservatism, or a concern for how the problem of terrorism is addressed. Gallagher was merely trying to be provocative in order to raise his profile in the talk radio world as he went on and on about how people responded to his statements on his Facebook fan page. Now, THAT is what's called exploiting a tragedy for personal (not political) gain.
Gallagher isn't trying to play himself as as a political martyr, Giffords is...And she can fuck off.

Just wanted to say I didn't read any of this thread, including the op BUT

I don't give a rats ass what Gabby had to say. I do however wish her a life of happiness

As a moderate, I can attest to the fact that a very strong majority of people want universal background checks, even at trade shows.

In fact, many of us have been surprised to find out that that wasn't even the law all along.

Buying a gun at a trade show is your right, but the idea of not even doing a background check just seems preposterous to any thinking person.

Now, that part of it wouldn't have changed the outcome in Newtown, but what would have changed the outcome is the Assault Weapons Ban.

That kid got off 155 shots in under 5 minutes because he was using 30-round clips. The gun he used and the mag clips he used would have been far more difficult for his mother to procure at the time of the ban.

Imagine the outcome if he had to change a mag every 10 rounds, how many more children might have been able to escape.

But they won't re-authorize the ban because the Senate's filibuster abuse by Republicans, who stand in the way of anything intelligent ever being done.

You're confused.

Gallagher isn't trying to play himself as as a political martyr, Giffords is...And she can fuck off.

You don't know what you're talking about.

A political martyr sacrifices his or her career for a cause. Giffords' career is already over. She ended it on her own terms prior to the last election. She's not even involved in this issue based on what happened to her alone since she and her husband didn't become involved in this cause until after Sandy Hook happened in Connecticut. She's not exploiting anyone. And she's not doing it for political gain or personal gain. Gallagher and other conservatives are doing what they're doing because they're self-absorbed people who always seem to see issues in terms of how they can personally benefit from personal and/or national tragedy.

And these people are the 'heroes' of the right? These people are your guiding lights who illuminate your guiding principles for you? Get a clue! The don't HAVE any principles other than themselves!

You're confused.

yeah you're right everyone redresses their grievances by going to the feds.....and then appearing in campaign commercials......And yeah they had no help in making those decisions...yeah no democrats contacted them and asked them stuff. So what again were they addressing? Why muslims would fly planes into the buildings? OR are they truthers????? hmmmmmm

And if you get in politics....people will take sides....and you have to defend your position...you cant just say, x happend and I'm going to say something and you cant say anything back.....doesnt work that way.

What is distasteful is to use the death of family members for political and econmical gain and celebrity status....that's disgusting.....

I dont care about Mike Gallager, you said it, he was a self promoter...great, I dont know who he is and dont care...
I didnt see Rush or Hannity do that.....Rush just reported what CNN was saying.....

AS far as the jersey girls...I do think this is funny

Kristen Breitweiser: Dear Mr Obama: You're Just Like Dick
Respectfully, Mr. President, perhaps there is one thing that separates your Administration from that of Bush/Cheney, at least they returned phone calls and told you -- to your face -- when they were going to stab you in the back.

That's funny, but seriously if someone tells you to your face, it's not stabbing you in the back.....

PolitiFact | Gabby Giffords says Americans "overwhelmingly" support expanding background checks

Our ruling

In her op-ed, Giffords said polls show that Americans "overwhelmingly" support "expanding background checks." Four independent polls taken in the previous month showed that some sort of expansion of background checks earned the support of between 83 percent and 91 percent of respondents, a level of backing we think qualifies as "overwhelming." We rate her statement True.
She sounds as much of a liar as reid, obamaturd, and bidumb.

PolitiFact | Gabby Giffords says Americans "overwhelmingly" support expanding background checks

Our ruling

In her op-ed, Giffords said polls show that Americans "overwhelmingly" support "expanding background checks." Four independent polls taken in the previous month showed that some sort of expansion of background checks earned the support of between 83 percent and 91 percent of respondents, a level of backing we think qualifies as "overwhelming." We rate her statement True.

I don't mean to offend anyone but she doesn't seem right in the head since the shooting. Far too happy and apparently easily amused as well as the fact that I only see her shake her head yes. Never no, never any sign of disagreement. All too eager to please.

I suspect that she sustained some devastating brain damage and is lucky to have the limited functionality she does.

Granted I don't personally know her but this is whay I see from the outside looking in as compared to the feisty woman she used to be on passionate issues.

Shame on everyone who tries to prop her up as well as those who demean her. Especially her husband.

Stop using her as a fucking prop and give her the individual dignity she deserves.

You're confused.

You libtards are the confused ones. Idiots.

I don't mean to offend anyone but she doesn't seem right in the head since the shooting. Far too happy and apparently easily amused as well as the fact that I only see her shake her head yes. Never no, never any sign of disagreement. All too eager to please.

I suspect that she sustained some devastating brain damage and is lucky to have the limited functionality she does.

Granted I don't personally know her but this is whay I see from the outside looking in as compared to the feisty woman she used to be on passionate issues.

Shame on everyone who tries to prop her up as well as those who demean her. Especially her husband.

Stop using her as a fucking prop and give her the individual dignity she deserves.

Agreed, although not very politically correct to do so, but I've never been concerned with political correctness.:eusa_whistle:

Our ruling

Yeah a liar, except one that tells the truth...sooo:confused:

You're confused.

You don't know what you're talking about.

A political martyr sacrifices his or her career for a cause. Giffords' career is already over. She ended it on her own terms prior to the last election. She's not even involved in this issue based on what happened to her alone since she and her husband didn't become involved in this cause until after Sandy Hook happened in Connecticut. She's not exploiting anyone. And she's not doing it for political gain or personal gain. Gallagher and other conservatives are doing what they're doing because they're self-absorbed people who always seem to see issues in terms of how they can personally benefit from personal and/or national tragedy.

And these people are the 'heroes' of the right? These people are your guiding lights who illuminate your guiding principles for you? Get a clue! The don't HAVE any principles other than themselves!
I know what I'm talking about and Giffords is trying to pass herself off as a political martyr.

The very flower of the utter classlessness of the American left.

Forum List

Back