Gallup- Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

yep , just my opinion plus seeing mrobama screwing around with pin prick bombing strikes as fighting Islamic state . [Example , civilians driving oil tankers so mrobama wouldn't destroy the oil tankers] ------------- When Russia strikes well they strike very nicely the way the USA should be striking , bombing !!. That's just one example while another example is mrobamas social engineering in the military Ogibillm .
just more opining based on nothing but a need to attack the president
----------------------------------------- not attacking mrobama , just speaking , typing the reality of him being Gentle to the enemy as he is the CiC of USA military Ogibillim !!

The title speaks for itself. A very, very disturbing data point

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • 49% say U.S. is No. 1 military power in world, down from last year
  • Views that U.S. is spending too little on defense are edging up
  • Republicans much more likely to say military spending is too little
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

There is no way on this earth that the US is the number one military power in the world - thank you Obama.

Our current levels in the Army, Navy and Air Force are at WWII levels.

Our "volunteer" military is 56% below strength (Army Times). Young white men and young black men have all but stopped enlisting and those who are currently serving are leaving at a rate of 66%.

THAT is why we are now counting on women to fight Americas battles.

If we went to war with a major power (China for example), we would be out gunned 540,000 to 160,000. That's only combat ready troops. Our combat-ready troops are at all time lows. Morale within the services us at an all time low, right behind Vietnam Nam.

I pray to God every night that Vladimir Putin doesn't go off his nut and decide to invade Poland or Germany. We don't have enough manpower there to do anything other than turn and run.

yep , just my opinion plus seeing mrobama screwing around with pin prick bombing strikes as fighting Islamic state . [Example , civilians driving oil tankers so mrobama wouldn't destroy the oil tankers] ------------- When Russia strikes well they strike very nicely the way the USA should be striking , bombing !!. That's just one example while another example is mrobamas social engineering in the military Ogibillm .

I see you're getting your "facts" from right wing nutjobs again. Obama DID have those tankers destroyed, but, because they were driven by non combatants, leaflets were dropped prior to bombing all the tankers to tell the non combatants that they had a short amount of time to run away. Perfectly reasonable, as well as in compliance with the Geneva conventions.

And, if by "social engineering" you mean getting rid of DADT and allowing gays to serve openly in the military, well.................gays have been serving in the military since 1982, when I met the first gay person I'd ever seen in my life at my first command. DADT was a failed policy that kicked many good people out, who other than being gay, were exceptional soldiers and sailors.

Not only that, but there are benefits that spouses can use in the form of the Ombudsman program, which facilitates communication between the spouse and the command. If you were gay back then, you couldn't use it for fear of being kicked out.

I served for over 20 years in the U.S. Navy, between 1982 and 2002, and getting rid of DADT was the best thing that could have happened.

What branch did you serve in, and for how long?

just more opining based on nothing but a need to attack the president
----------------------------------------- not attacking mrobama , just speaking , typing the reality of him being Gentle to the enemy as he is the CiC of USA military Ogibillim !!
well you being full of shit is just a given from here on. Non thinking people such as yourself who just flail their baseless unstudied opinions should stay as far the fuck away from leadership of anything as possible. But...its not like you have any choice anyhow.

anyway , lets see if we can elect a good American with proper patriotic regard as CiC of USA military in these next Presidential elections .

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

There is no way on this earth that the US is the number one military power in the world - thank you Obama.

Our "volunteer" military is 56% below strength (Army Times). Young white men and young black men have all but stopped enlisting and those who are currently serving are leaving at a rate of 66%.

If we went to war with a major power (China for example), we would be out gunned 540,000 to 160,000. That's only combat ready troops. Our combat-ready troops are at all time lows. Morale within the services us at an all time low, right behind Vietnam Nam.

I pray to God every night that Vladimir Putin doesn't go off his nut and decide to invade Poland or Germany. We don't have enough manpower there to do anything other than turn and run.
another example of a 'patriot'

The US spends about 650 billion/year, second would be China at around 130 billion/year.

If we aren't #1 then someone owes us 520 billion dollars right now. Who in their adled mind would think our military isn't spending enough? WTF?

Sonny, haven't you heard about the pallets of cash that we send to the Middle East that simply disappears? Been doing that since the first Gulf War.

You'd do well to research that.

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

I served 22 years. You are Goddamned right I'm a patriot. You?

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

I served 22 years. You are Goddamned right I'm a patriot. You?
sure you are. you'll just run down the military and servicemen any chance you get because you hate the president. but sure, you're a patriot

I see you're getting your "facts" from right wing nutjobs again. Obama DID have those tankers destroyed, but, because they were driven by non combatants, leaflets were dropped prior to bombing all the tankers to tell the non combatants that they had a short amount of time to run away. Perfectly reasonable, as well as in compliance with the Geneva conventions.

And, if by "social engineering" you mean getting rid of DADT and allowing gays to serve openly in the military, well.................gays have been serving in the military since 1982, when I met the first gay person I'd ever seen in my life at my first command. DADT was a failed policy that kicked many good people out, who other than being gay, were exceptional soldiers and sailors.

Not only that, but there are benefits that spouses can use in the form of the Ombudsman program, which facilitates communication between the spouse and the command. If you were gay back then, you couldn't use it for fear of being kicked out.

I served for over 20 years in the U.S. Navy, between 1982 and 2002, and getting rid of DADT was the best thing that could have happened.

What branch did you serve in, and for how long?
---------------------------------------wipe away your tears BSailor , Its just my opinion plus another 49 percent of Americans in this Gallup poll so stop your crying BSailor !! :afro:

But why do Americans consider our military as also ran.

-Geaux

Dunno....I'll take a stab...

Fuckwads like you have spent the last 8 years doing nothing except criticizing the nation and everything about it because you can't stand a black man being at the helm.

Congratulations, people have believed your bullshit.

For the record, the US Military is unmatched by any fighting force in the world in all 4 theaters; land, see, air, space and even cyberspace.

Shove that up your ass.

it has nothing to do with mrobama being black , everyone can see how he GENTLY fights the enemy 'Islamic state' caliphate . We have or should have the same capability as the Russians but the Russians kill and destroy while the USA big shots dither . See my example of 'Islamic state' oil truck tankers being allowed to deliver oil but Russia just comes in and destroy the oil tanker trucks and drivers . Anyway , looks like its more than just me that has an opinion on the weakening USA military Candy !!

Last edited:
What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
republicans daily spout off about how poor the military is doing. you don't think that takes a toll on public opinion?
-------------------------------------- and its a good thing , I spout off and talk about USA military and it is my HOPE that it helps the American public see whats happening to the USA military . Heck , alerting Americans is my only reason for spouting off Ogibillim !!

What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
republicans daily spout off about how poor the military is doing. you don't think that takes a toll on public opinion?
-------------------------------------- and its a good thing , I spout off and talk about USA military and it is my HOPE that it helps the American public see whats happening to the USA military . Heck , alerting Americans is my only reason for spouting off Ogibillim !!

^^^ Republican. She rocks.

I think Obama is a little too concerned about Collateral Damage.
Other than that he's bumped off a good number of top terrorists by allowing members of the military to do their jobs.

Forum List

Back