Game of Thrones (HBO)

Sigh. All the Starks are slowly disappearing. This sucks. Big hairy ones. I was pissed when they off'd Sean Bean (Ned Stark). Now I am even more pissed off. I hate that nasty assed old man as much as I do Joffrey.

It's like the Corleone baptism except Michael gets killed.

There's something seriously wrong with RR Martin. I read all 5 books and I won't read the next ones...it's been the longest dry hump in human history

This was a hard episode to watch, especially knowing what was going to happen.

GOT is a case study in the corruption of absolute power and ugliness of a system without a proper rule of law. Consider it a preview of coming attractions...

They definitely are splitting the book in two...I don't see how they can fit the rest into one episode.

Good comparison, Crusader. Who is left to root for? John Snow? The kid (too many names to remember) that is crippled? Arya? Then ya get all excited and they get killed off too and we are doomed to look at lannisters forever?

They killed the wolf. That did it. The final straw. My blood pressure went sky high.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Good comparison, Crusader. Who is left to root for? John Snow? The kid (too many names to remember) that is crippled? Arya? Then ya get all excited and they get killed off too and we are doomed to look at lannisters forever?

Who I'm still rooting for:

- Arya
- Bran
- Jon Snow
- Sam
- Jamie
- Brienne
- Tyrion
- Daenerys
- Sir Davos
- Barriston Selmy
- Sansa (yes, even her)
- Pod

And the Dragons. I also rather like The Hound.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does Bran look much older now? Not the same little kid that was pushed from that tower.

She's a teenage girl being held hostage and who has undergone physical and emotional abuse. But she's still alive. Give her some credit for understanding enough of how to play the game that she isn't dead. Her journey develops an interesting path...

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does Bran look much older now? Not the same little kid that was pushed from that tower.

It's the same kid. This is the third season. The actor is growing...as are the other child actors.

I dislike her immensly. Selfish, naive, not very smart, wimpy. I hope she does develope something better than what she is now.

To be honest, i was not too thrilled with Cat, either. She made a LOT of mistakes that led to what happened tonight. Bad moves. Plus, it is hard for me to enjoy characters played by celebs I don't care for. She is one of them. Which is why I hated all the Superman movies. Loved Reeves..HATED margot kidder.

It's the same kid. This is the third season. The actor is growing...as are the other child actors.

Yeah, I know...but he is changing FAST. Arya looks the same, but I have to do a double take every time they show Bran. Certain side shots or expressions on his face. I see the man he will become...in real life. And it is happening at a fast rate.

I enjoy the show. I loved the books (although Martin needs to be more efficient as a writer - he could use an editor)...and the shows are very well done.

It's optional viewing if you dislike it that much.

I've never read the books but I think one of the two Stark (?) children will ultimately be in control. I like the little girl. She plays her role perfectly. Which is a switch for me cause I couldn't stand her little whiney ass when the series started. Good character growth

I didn't say I disliked it. The only reason I have HBO is due to GoT. I had to let Starz go..and that was Spartacus...but it wasn't the same after Andy died.

Stories make one feel emotion. Tonight's episode made me feel angry. Which means they did a good job. Doesn't make me happy about how it is progressing but I can't wait to see where it all goes.

So next sunday is the season finale. What the hell is in store for us, I ponder. Those who have read the books might know but those like me that haven't...its a crap shoot.

I'm hoping some kind of friendliness or respect comes between The Hound and Arya..like Jaime and Brienne.

Found this. Interesting read about The Red Wedding and characters in general.

'Game of Thrones' showrunners interview: The Red Wedding | Inside TV | EW.com

What was shooting the scene like for the actors?
Weiss: We tried to call Michelle [Fairley] afterwards. She wasn’t answering. A week later she wrote an email saying, “Sorry I haven’t been able to talk to anybody about the show for the past week because I’ve been so shattered.”
Benioff: Michelle is such a powerhouse. Obviously nobody does anything for the awards and it’s a big ensemble show. But I hope she does get recognition for the entire season and culminating in one of the greatest death scenes that’s ever been shot.

Last edited:
Killing the wolf was a very hard one. It was as bad as when Ned Stark killed Lady. That one scene almost turned me off the whole series.

I'm reading the books too so I knew what was going to happen at the Red Wedding. It hasn't been covered up to what I've read, but the Starks may not be done yet, just little clues that were given previously.

The Starks have gone above and beyond to please everyone else....which caused their downfall. I pray Arya is as vindictive as Dani plans to be and do some payback. Big time.

Forum List

Back