Game of Thrones (HBO)

So next sunday is the season finale. What the hell is in store for us, I ponder. Those who have read the books might know but those like me that haven't...its a crap shoot.

I'm hoping some kind of friendliness or respect comes between The Hound and Arya..like Jaime and Brienne.

I won't give it away.

The one thing in GOT is that no one is all good or all bad. Except maybe Joffrey and Cercie. Robb was rather stupid and made the mistakes that led to his death. He married for "love", he beheaded Karstark. Had he not made those bonehead mistakes it would have turned out entirely different. He should have listened to his mother.

The ending credits with no music at all was a fitting final touch to tonight episode.

An interview with Robb Stark (Richard Madden)

More in the link below the quotes. I guess I am still in shock. It keeps haunting me.

Aside from gasps of horror, shouted obscenities, and choked sobs, there aren't really many words to describe tonight's episode of Game of Thrones. Still, the unenviable task of talking all about it landed squarely on the shoulders of actor Richard Madden, who for three years has portrayed the late King in the North, Robb Stark. The Lannister-orchestrated massacre of Robb, his mother Catelyn (Michelle Fairley), his pregnant wife Talisa (Oona Chaplin), and almost his entire army marked the end of not only those actors' time on the show, but the central Stark/Lannister conflict of the series itself.

When we shot the scene, it took a few days, because it’s huge. And there’s a moment in this scene where we look at each other . . . it’s Robb Stark essentially saying goodbye to his mother and giving up, and rather than it being something really bad, there’s a moment of tragedy and utter relief, actually, because these two characters have fought and fought and fought and fought, and it’s finally over. Me and Michelle really felt that on the day, as did a lot of the crew, I think. We’re one big family that's plowed through this for years, and it's a sad day.

'Game of Thrones' QA: Richard Madden on Robb Stark's Endgame | Movies News | Rolling Stone

The Starks have gone above and beyond to please everyone else....which caused their downfall. I pray Arya is as vindictive as Dani plans to be and do some payback. Big time.

Bran and Rickon are still alive as well...as is Jon Snow (who is a Stark despite his name).

My best moment:

The city is yours, my queen...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70dmcHiWop4]Game of Thrones 3x09 Daario Naharis - The city is yours my queen - YouTube[/ame]

:)

The tonal center of the books are Dany and Tyrion. I find Dany, well I just don't care. Tyrion is fun.

If you think this sucked, wait until the end of the 5th book. Said it before, longest running dry hump in the history of literature

The tonal center of the books are Dany and Tyrion. I find Dany, well I just don't care. Tyrion is fun.

If you think this sucked, wait until the end of the 5th book. Said it before, longest running dry hump in the history of literature

stfu! I have listen to you whine about book 5 for a fucking year....shut up....when does book 6 hit the bricks?

Wow. Just....wow.

Tonights show was....just...wow.

I saw the Robb Stark killing, but I didn't think it was Frey that set him up. I had a feeling Roose was in on it, otherwise why would he let Jaime go and try to get in good graces with Tywin.

Danny's new warrior is proving resourceful and a great character. It was great to finally see Grey Worm in action. She has a heck of an army now!

Poor Gringi (Snowe's woman), she must feel like shit after Snowe betrayed her. Bad move by Snowe. The old man was dead either way, he should have just killed him.

With Robb gone, I wonder if Joffery takes credit for the victory against the King of the North? Surely will piss of Tywin if he does.

Poor Arya! She had to watch her father he executed and now came to the end of her brother and mother's assassination. Side note: Heck of a good time to take a piss, for Cate's brother. Either that was the luckiest piss ever or he was in on it. I wonder what happens to Robb's Uncle?

Good comparison, Crusader. Who is left to root for? John Snow? The kid (too many names to remember) that is crippled? Arya? Then ya get all excited and they get killed off too and we are doomed to look at lannisters forever?

I root for Danny, Tyrion, Brann, Bron, Snowe, the youngste Stark boy, Ayra and Gentry.

I dislike her immensly. Selfish, naive, not very smart, wimpy. I hope she does develope something better than what she is now.

To be honest, i was not too thrilled with Cat, either. She made a LOT of mistakes that led to what happened tonight. Bad moves. Plus, it is hard for me to enjoy characters played by celebs I don't care for. She is one of them. Which is why I hated all the Superman movies. Loved Reeves..HATED margot kidder.

Cate had some Charisma, but her poor decision to arrest Tyrion let to the confrontation that lead to Ned be crippled and unable to defend himself. Sparked the civil war and put her children in danger. Releasing Jaime and sending off Brienne, lead to Robb losing half his army, having to come begging back to the Freys and losing a very valuable warrior in Brienne (to which she put her life in danger for a fools erand)!

I've never read the books but I think one of the two Stark (?) children will ultimately be in control. I like the little girl. She plays her role perfectly. Which is a switch for me cause I couldn't stand her little whiney ass when the series started. Good character growth

Really? I think he was one of the best child actors I have ever seen. Same with Rickon in his small role!

stfu! I have listen to you whine about book 5 for a fucking year....shut up....when does book 6 hit the bricks?

Book 6 & 7.

The White Walkers move so far south they wind up on the set of "The Walking Dead" where they intermarry and create a new, powerful zombie that can move at speeds of over 2 mph

Theon Greyjoy's uncle Valerion has a friend whose nephews sister-in-law becomes Queen of WinterFell. Theon's other Uncle sails to yet another foreign land and finds an anti-dragon guided missile

Dany's Dragons gnaw on the White Walkers after Sam runs out of obsidian arroweheads. Sam tries to have sex with Dany. Daario is hurt and decides that he should be the one to deflower Sam

Dany tears the Wall down because she's like Reagan and everyone loves her because she's so lovable. Love, love love, Dany is pure Love. She's so cool too! Cool and loveable. What a character! The White Walkers fall in Love with Dany

Petyr Bealish is revealed to be the Dark Lord and Varys is his minion.

Tyrion invents the Internet and gets his own late night talk show, "Live from King's Landing"

I forgot about Stannis

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLSYTHQbm4]Hitler finds out about Ned Stark in Game of Thrones-SPOILER (english version) - YouTube[/ame]

Wow. Just....wow.

Tonights show was....just...wow.

I saw the Robb Stark killing, but I didn't think it was Frey that set him up. I had a feeling Roose was in on it, otherwise why would he let Jaime go and try to get in good graces with Tywin.

Danny's new warrior is proving resourceful and a great character. It was great to finally see Grey Worm in action. She has a heck of an army now!

Poor Gringi (Snowe's woman), she must feel like shit after Snowe betrayed her. Bad move by Snowe. The old man was dead either way, he should have just killed him.

With Robb gone, I wonder if Joffery takes credit for the victory against the King of the North? Surely will piss of Tywin if he does.

Poor Arya! She had to watch her father he executed and now came to the end of her brother and mother's assassination. Side note: Heck of a good time to take a piss, for Cate's brother. Either that was the luckiest piss ever or he was in on it. I wonder what happens to Robb's Uncle?

Was she really Snow's woman? I sort of really hate that skank.

I've never read the books but I think one of the two Stark (?) children will ultimately be in control. I like the little girl. She plays her role perfectly. Which is a switch for me cause I couldn't stand her little whiney ass when the series started. Good character growth

Really? I think he was one of the best child actors I have ever seen. Same with Rickon in his small role!

Really? Rickon is hardly noticeable.

The mistake people make is in thinking this is the story of the Starks. It isn't. It's the story of Westeros. It's the story of the disintegration of the Kingdom after the death of Robert. Because we see literature as having central characters of good winners and bad losers the loss of central characters feels somehow wrong. It's actually more like history.

Forum List

Back