Game of Thrones

I am not saying it is impossible. But having hereditary titles gives you spoiled brats who know they will be king someday. That is a recipe for the worst.
I think that was the point of the final episode
Break the way things were done in the past. That book of heredity that Brienne updated was obsolete. The sons and daughters of royalty had not done a very good job

Who ever does a good job with absolute power?
That is why Bran was the best choice

Temporary at best. As long as they have the Great Houses, the great game will continue.
You must have missed the point last night

The Game of Thrones is over

Baloney. Their new system of electing a king wont last more than a generation or two then it will be end up a formality where the most powerful house is chosen again and again forever.

Not much of a GoT watcher here, but very disappointed that Cersei was just allowed to disappear rather quickly, painlessly, and intact. She should have been flash fried and dragged face down through the streets instead of having the townspeople pay the price. Arya never got to show her stuff again. Just had her hanging around looking bored. Daenerys so quickly turning into a lunatic after displaying so much restraint and wisdom the rest of the time made no sense. Braun and John Snow, fine. The Hound was the only character I could really identify with, lol.

Insane and sadistic people often find ways to gain power. It's happened throughout history.

I am not saying it is impossible. But having hereditary titles gives you spoiled brats who know they will be king someday. That is a recipe for the worst.
Break the way things were done in the past. That book of heredity that Brienne updated was obsolete. The sons and daughters of royalty had not done a very good job

If Bran ends up as king, what even was the point of Jon's Targaryen heritage? Dany didn't even try to have him assassinated or anything. It was ultimately pointless to even include in the story.

It caused the rift between Dany and Jon which caused her to finally go full Tyrant, and then made him killing her a bit more "conflicty".

Temporary at best. As long as they have the Great Houses, the great game will continue.
You must have missed the point last night

The Game of Thrones is over

It's not. They left the entire Great House structure in place. Bronn is a sleazy weasel, so their is already an agent provocateur in place to kick off the next game.

If Bran ends up as king, what even was the point of Jon's Targaryen heritage? Dany didn't even try to have him assassinated or anything. It was ultimately pointless to even include in the story.
The point is that it doesn’t matter anymore
Bran will never have children
Every new king is a do over not a hereditary right

Yeah, just like the Roman Republic ensured there would never be hereditary emperors....oh, wait.

Choosing the new king is a hereditary right. It’s better than before still, like a republic but instead of the people choosing their representatives it’s hereditary. In all the other stories from Westeros whenever a succession is settled there are always schemers trying stuff that eventually leads to war. Bran is all knowing so that will help during his reign but after that it’s all up for grabs.

How about this? Every time the nobles select a new king, the old king makes them the new 3 eyed raven. What do you think about that?

Nobody knew Jon Snow stabbed Dany unless he told them.

The dragon took her body and nobody would have been the wiser. If he wanted the throne Jon could have just said...the dragon just took her, you know how those son of a bitches are

He must have confessed

Yeah, just like the Roman Republic ensured there would never be hereditary emperors....oh, wait.
Their emperors had ambition
Bran does not

Except, rather than having wars of conquest, the ruler will be determined by those people.

Possibly. But given human nature and the medieval culture, it's quite likely that intrigue and factions will lead to some quiet violent incidents. Maybe not all out war, but certainly murder.

Possibly. But it also likely means that insane and sadistic people will not find their way to the throne. Joffery is a prime example of what hereditary title give you.

Insane and sadistic people often find ways to gain power. It's happened throughout history.

They didn't get rid of hereditary titles: Stark, Tully, Lannister, Baratheon, Arryn, Tarley...the great houses all still have hereditary lines of succession.

But not for the throne. The other houses wil, hopefully, object to a crazed sadist.

This also puts the emphasis on The Realm, not a single house.

The dragon took her body and nobody would have been the wiser. If he wanted the throne Jon could have just said...the dragon just took her, you know how those son of a bitches are

He must have confessed
xWN8MxP_d.jpg

Bran does not

Bran won't live forever, bub.

Possibly. But given human nature and the medieval culture, it's quite likely that intrigue and factions will lead to some quiet violent incidents. Maybe not all out war, but certainly murder.

Possibly. But it also likely means that insane and sadistic people will not find their way to the throne. Joffery is a prime example of what hereditary title give you.

They didn't get rid of hereditary titles: Stark, Tully, Lannister, Baratheon, Arryn, Tarley...the great houses all still have hereditary lines of succession.

But not for the throne. The other houses wil, hopefully, object to a crazed sadist.

This also puts the emphasis on The Realm, not a single house.

And Gee Whiz, we never saw any secret dealing or double crossing ever in Westeros!

Human nature doesn't change, and their reforms are not strong enough to withstand corrupt people hellbent on acquiring power.

Not much of a GoT watcher here, but very disappointed that Cersei was just allowed to disappear rather quickly, painlessly, and intact. She should have been flash fried and dragged face down through the streets instead of having the townspeople pay the price. Arya never got to show her stuff again. Just had her hanging around looking bored. Daenerys so quickly turning into a lunatic after displaying so much restraint and wisdom the rest of the time made no sense. Braun and John Snow, fine. The Hound was the only character I could really identify with, lol.

I agree with Grumblenuts
they didn't show enough of this other side of Daenerys
They did set it up where you didn't trust or believe her, but not the complete sociopath madness they wanted to pull off at the end.

If I had been advising on the writing and direction how to pull that off,
the motivation that COULD have been suppressed is from being raped like an object before,
and showing - from time to time - that she still had some latent compelling drive to prove herself above being used by others.
That might have made sense of where her need to exert power could have come from.

But they never showed this. I didn't even know about those scenes in her background
till I looked them up. If you missed those too, I don't think we ever saw it in her demeanor
or at least I didn't see a TRACE of it. It's like none of that ever happened.

Maybe a few flashbacks, or a few moments of hardened ugliness
and they could have captured that hidden side that was still not at peace.

Again I agree with Grumblenuts she appeared restrained and had risen above.
It should have looked like a bit more of a struggle to show some degree of "inner suppression" was going on.
They could still make the audience believe she had overcome this,
but at least SHOW that she was still carrying some drive to dominate
instead of being an object of the throne.

Not much of a GoT watcher here, but very disappointed that Cersei was just allowed to disappear rather quickly, painlessly, and intact. She should have been flash fried and dragged face down through the streets instead of having the townspeople pay the price.

I believe the quick and painless demise of Cersei in the arms of Jaimy as well as the boring death of THE queen at the hands of Jon Snow have a lot in common. Both of them died like ordinary peasants, like their lives didn't matter at all : bees are stepped on, ants squashed, ducks shot, queens killed amd life still goes on.

Years of relentless scheming, ambitions, burned cities, leveled castles, murdered family members... and for what - one moment you are on top of the world rulling over millions of people who hang on your every word and treat you like a semigod, the next you are gone. Quickly and painlessly.

A pile of bricks crashing down on your head or a knife through the heart is all what it takes to cut your life short - that's probably the biggest revelation for those who have lost their touch with reality and are thinking of themselves as semi-divine beings.

If you think that you are omnipotent and unbeatable and can sacrifice the lives of millions in pursuit of your own selfish goals a humiliating death like that is a fitting punishment.

Last edited:

I agree with Grumblenuts
they didn't show enough of this other side of Daenerys
They did set it up where you didn't trust or believe her, but not the complete sociopath madness they wanted to pull off at the end.

If I had been advising on the writing and direction how to pull that off,
the motivation that COULD have been suppressed is from being raped like an object before,
and showing - from time to time - that she still had some latent compelling drive to prove herself above being used by others.
That might have made sense of where her need to exert power could have come from.

But they never showed this. I didn't even know about those scenes in her background
till I looked them up. If you missed those too, I don't think we ever saw it in her demeanor
or at least I didn't see a TRACE of it. It's like none of that ever happened.

Maybe a few flashbacks, or a few moments of hardened ugliness
and they could have captured that hidden side that was still not at peace.

Again I agree with Grumblenuts she appeared restrained and had risen above.
It should have looked like a bit more of a struggle to show some degree of "inner suppression" was going on.
They could still make the audience believe she had overcome this,
but at least SHOW that she was still carrying some drive to dominate
instead of being an object of the throne.

You didn't notice her slow descent into madness? She talked about feeling like an outsider with Jon, and after they beat the Night King, you saw her sitting by herself, and she looked like she was jealous, because everyone else was sitting in a group with friends. Then, when Tyrion went to her and talked about how Vares had betrayed her, you saw her go a bit deeper.

The real tear came when Jon was talking with her and she said that she loved him, but Jon said that she was his Queen and couldn't be anything more, meaning he wouldn't pursue a romantic relationship.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Bran does not

Bran won't live forever, bub.
Only the rocks live forever.

There is that reference back to the sad fate of northern Stark men in the south. The noble honor of Ned and Jon. There is a much more hopeful future for Jon than what he sees right now, Jon has already been through all the politics of the Night's Watch and nothing can phase him now. Spring is coming! Jon has a code of honor that made him confess. Still anyone could say the queen flew back to Essos to give word that she now ruled the world. Then they could all wonder why she didn't return. Really where are the red priestesses and priests to revive Daenerys?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back