House of Dragon

After the final two seasons of Game of Thrones sucked, I had no desire to watch House of Dragons
". . . Like Arakawa, George R. R. Martin had some involvement in the TV adaptation of his work, although he claims not to have been as involved in the show’s final seasons. Speaking to the New York Times in 2022, Martin said “by Season 5 and 6, and certainly 7 and 8, I was pretty much out of the loop.” As for why that happened, “I don’t know — you have to ask [showrunners] Dan [Weiss] and David [Benioff].” At that time, Martin had this to say about The Winds of Winter: “My ending will be very different.”
". . . It also sounds like The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring (the upcoming final volume of the series—I don’t even want to talk about it) may have a different body count from the television series. “One thing I can say, in general enough terms that I will not be spoiling anything: not all of the characters who survived until the end of Game of Thrones will survive until the end of A Song of Ice and Fire, and not all of the characters who died on Games of Thrones will die in A Song of Ice and Fire,” Martin continued. “(Some will, sure. Of course. Maybe most. But definitely not all) ((Of course, I could change my mind again next week, with the next chapter I write. That’s gardening)). And the ending? You will need to wait until I get there. Some things will be the same. A lot will not.”

Forum List

Back