Game of Thrones

Better stories? Some of these people do. Others? Not so much.

Joffrey? Just a spoiled, sadistic punk. Not much story.
Khal Drogo? Eh. Some story there, but not much.

ect ect

You are overthinking the meme. The point is that if you are going to win The Game of Thrones then you should have really earned it. He didn't do jackshit. His only contribution to the story line was to lead the NK into a place where there could be an ambush. Well that and to substantiate the revelation that Sam had about Jon.

So, the only thing he did was save mankind? Ok.

Bran was the best choice to be King. First, he didn't want the job. Second, he held the memories of mankind's entire existence, so he could see what mistakes were made. And lastly, he was pragmatic instead of political.

From the lore in the books being King or Queen was never about the "best qualified". They shut down Sam pretty quickly and even laughed at his ass when he suggested they use Democracy to select the person.

Throughout the history is was always who was able to take the power. Even inherited power had to fight to keep it.

Bran may have been a wise and fair ruler but given the conflict in the book to get the Iron Throne he didn't do anything to earn it. Actually only Jon did.

Oh well. We got what the Hollywood writers decided to give us, which is always the case.

They earned their paycheck from people like me that subscribed to HBO. It cost me about $100 a year so eight years worth of the stories and the other entertainment helped to give them their their paycheck.

ect ect

You are overthinking the meme. The point is that if you are going to win The Game of Thrones then you should have really earned it. He didn't do jackshit. His only contribution to the story line was to lead the NK into a place where there could be an ambush. Well that and to substantiate the revelation that Sam had about Jon.
He was considered the best option moving forward
Apolitical, not power hungry, not ruthless but all knowing

After what they had just gone through, he was the best option

The only thing I wonder about is with Sam. As Maester of King's Landing, I guess he gives up his family lands, and what happens to Gilly, little sam, and little sam to be?

Still he is the best man for the job.

They gave GRRRRRLLLLL Power now in Westeros. Talla Tarley can be the Lady of Horn Hill.

And Gilly and little Sam are likely living with him in Kings Landing.

Last edited:
B194E9AF-9896-43E8-A3B8-C17A8C6DAD35_jpeg-951442.JPG

Now after a bit of reflection, I'm quite enjoying the fact that the kneejerk SJW liberals of Hollywood actually created a quite an effective parable about how Utopian Visions always lead to carnage. "Break the Wheel" (Dani's version of the Green New Deal) was supposed to free and protect the small folk. Well, she certainly killed a great many instead of protecting them. And then she decided to spread her agenda across the globe. Fortunately, loyal, dutiful Jon stabbed her to death, saving millions.

Moral: Beware of anyone who has the goal of remaking humanity. They are always tyrants at heart.

Now after a bit of reflection, I'm quite enjoying the fact that the kneejerk SJW liberals of Hollywood actually created a quite an effective parable about how Utopian Visions always lead to carnage. "Break the Wheel" (Dani's version of the Green New Deal) was supposed to free and protect the small folk. Well, she certainly killed a great many instead of protecting them. And then she decided to spread her agenda across the globe. Fortunately, loyal, dutiful Jon stabbed her to death, saving millions.

Moral: Beware of anyone who has the goal of remaking humanity. They are always tyrants at heart.
Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely.

Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely.

Kumbaya indeed. The worse ones, however, claim that whatever they are doing is for your own good.

ect ect

Bran was the best choice to be King. First, he didn't want the job. Second, he held the memories of mankind's entire existence, so he could see what mistakes were made. And lastly, he was pragmatic instead of political.

From the lore in the books being King or Queen was never about the "best qualified". They shut down Sam pretty quickly and even laughed at his ass when he suggested they use Democracy to select the person.

Throughout the history is was always who was able to take the power. Even inherited power had to fight to keep it.

Bran may have been a wise and fair ruler but given the conflict in the book to get the Iron Throne he didn't do anything to earn it. Actually only Jon did.

Oh well. We got what the Hollywood writers decided to give us, which is always the case.

They earned their paycheck from people like me that subscribed to HBO. It cost me about $100 a year so eight years worth of the stories and the other entertainment helped to give them their their paycheck.

If you subscribed to HBO just for GoT, I think you overpaid.

There is a lot of complaining that things didn't work out like they wanted. But the writers tell the story. Martin stopped writing and the storyline had to be picked up by others.

Whether he "earned" the throne is debatable. He was instrumental in defeating the Night King, and thereby saving all of humanity.

But knowing (and having access to) all of mankind's history makes him the most qualified. The days of "might makes right" are over. That is a good thing. The finale shows progress of a civilization.

ect ect

There is a lot of complaining that things didn't work out like they wanted. But the writers tell the story. Martin stopped writing and the storyline had to be picked up by others.

Whether he "earned" the throne is debatable. He was instrumental in defeating the Night King, and thereby saving all of humanity.

But knowing (and having access to) all of mankind's history makes him the most qualified. The days of "might makes right" are over. That is a good thing. The finale shows progress of a civilization.

Some progress. Except for Braun taking over High Garden, the great houses are still made up of Lannisters, Starks, Tullies, Arryns, Baratheons, and some Martell relative....as well as the Greyjoys, Tarleys and so on. All they are doing is deferring the next game for a generation. Once Bran is gone, unless the nature of humanity changes, the power games will spin up.

ect ect

Some progress. Except for Braun taking over High Garden, the great houses are still made up of Lannisters, Starks, Tullies, Arryns, Baratheons, and some Martell relative....as well as the Greyjoys, Tarleys and so on. All they are doing is deferring the next game for a generation. Once Bran is gone, unless the nature of humanity changes, the power games will spin up.

Speaking of Martells (or at least a concubine for a Martell) I wonder what condition they found Ellaria Sand in?

Speaking of Martells (or at least a concubine for a Martell) I wonder what condition they found Ellaria Sand in?

Dead or living in bliss with Sister Umella.

ect ect

I said in my post "and other entertainment". Actually we get it with our cable package. I think to unsubscribe they take off $10 a month.

ect ect

I said in my post "and other entertainment". Actually we get it with our cable package. I think to unsubscribe they take off $10 a month.

Cable is somewhat negotiable if they are think you are going to cancel. I'm getting ready to renegotiate again.

ect ect

Except, rather than having wars of conquest, the ruler will be determined by those people.

Except, rather than having wars of conquest, the ruler will be determined by those people.

Possibly. But given human nature and the medieval culture, it's quite likely that intrigue and factions will lead to some quiet violent incidents. Maybe not all out war, but certainly murder.

Possibly. But given human nature and the medieval culture, it's quite likely that intrigue and factions will lead to some quiet violent incidents. Maybe not all out war, but certainly murder.

Possibly. But it also likely means that insane and sadistic people will not find their way to the throne. Joffery is a prime example of what hereditary title give you.

Possibly. But it also likely means that insane and sadistic people will not find their way to the throne. Joffery is a prime example of what hereditary title give you.

To be fair, that also involved some brother-sister incest.

Insane and sadistic people often find ways to gain power. It's happened throughout history.

[Q

Insane and sadistic people often find ways to gain power. It's happened throughout history.

Here in the US we dodged a bullet by that insane power crazy bitch Crooked Hillary not getting elected, didn't we?

[Q

Here in the US we dodged a bullet by that insane power crazy bitch Crooked Hillary not getting elected, didn't we?

Indeed. But we got hit with the Obabble bullet twice. Worst President Ever.

Forum List

Back