Game of Thrones

I'm kinda torn. It was what I expected. But I was hoping to be surprised.

They did leave open stories. For a future movie.

But i was thoroughly enthralled in that last episode. I couldn't have written it better.

When the credits roll tonight there better be a BIG THANK YOU to all the fans
Not even so much as a "fuck you".

Wow...

I didn't expect thanks. Given the last two seasons, they clearly thought they were doing us all a big favor.

But I am grateful that the suckage of the last episode was at a much lower volume than the suckage of the rest of the season.
Every successful show acknowledges the dedication of the fans. Guess they're too good for us.

The last episode actually did suck though. Yeah, it had some tear-jerker stuff, but really... Snow should have at least had to run for his life to the East....

They didn't have enough time for that. With only a few minutes, they had to teleport everyone to their final resolution.

Actually, Brandon as King seems to Me to be a gimmick to justify his whole role in the series... It isn't a bad choice, but just seems to Me to be a patch job.

When they named Bran, my first reaction was......oh no, not him
But thinking it over, it was a better choice than anyone else would have been

A common thread in the show was the crippling character flaws of the leaders. Bran has no character, he just knows

Like Sansa said, he can have no heir
From day one, the catastrophic blood transition of the throne has led to horific results

Now, there is no Iron Throne, just a wheelchair

What i loved is the banter at the end, at the table, among all our favorite characters.

I wish I could sit there and listen for another 2 seasons.

FullSizeRender_jpeg-951318.JPG

Better stories? Some of these people do. Others? Not so much.

Joffrey? Just a spoiled, sadistic punk. Not much story.
Khal Drogo? Eh. Some story there, but not much.

ect ect

You are overthinking the meme. The point is that if you are going to win The Game of Thrones then you should have really earned it. He didn't do jackshit. His only contribution to the story line was to lead the NK into a place where there could be an ambush. Well that and to substantiate the revelation that Sam had about Jon.

ect ect

You are overthinking the meme. The point is that if you are going to win The Game of Thrones then you should have really earned it. He didn't do jackshit. His only contribution to the story line was to lead the NK into a place where there could be an ambush. Well that and to substantiate the revelation that Sam had about Jon.
He was considered the best option moving forward
Apolitical, not power hungry, not ruthless but all knowing

After what they had just gone through, he was the best option

ect ect

So, the only thing he did was save mankind? Ok.

Bran was the best choice to be King. First, he didn't want the job. Second, he held the memories of mankind's entire existence, so he could see what mistakes were made. And lastly, he was pragmatic instead of political.

ect ect

The only thing I wonder about is with Sam. As Maester of King's Landing, I guess he gives up his family lands, and what happens to Gilly, little sam, and little sam to be?

Still he is the best man for the job.

ect ect

The only thing I wonder about is with Sam. As Maester of King's Landing, I guess he gives up his family lands, and what happens to Gilly, little sam, and little sam to be?

I had picked Sam as the winner about three seasons ago
Thought he would be the one to kill the Night King

Why can’t he have his family with him at Kings Landing?

ect ect

I always thought Maesters couldn't have families. It was another way of getting rid of extra sons, like the Nights Watch, except for the smart ones.

Of course rules can change, and after the Maesters in general dropped the ball on the whole Night King thing, maybe King Bran changed the rules.

Relatively speaking, I actually liked the finale. Best episode of the season, but that's not saying much.

ect ect

Maybe he did....I can imagine them overlooking that just like overlooking he hasn't done those decades studying at Old Town.

Forum List

Back