Gang member shoots other gang member in defense

That isn't my assumption. Those in high crime areas and involved in criminal activity are the most likely to have a defense. Gang members are always shooting at each other. Criminals tend to have cash which is a great target for other criminals.

Everyone has cash. Criminals tend to target easy targets, not people who are willing or able to fight back.

I almost never have cash. Gang on gang crime is huge.

Gang fact

1. 60% are dead or in prison by age 20.
    The average life expectancy of an active gang member is:
    20 years, 5 months.
Yes these guys are the most likely to have a DGU.

Perhaps per capita, but that hardly means they are the "most" in absolute numbers.

There are 1.4 million gang members, out of a US population of over 300 million.

Nor do I see how gang members shooting each other is a reason to dismiss DGU by everyone else.

Yes and every one has a huge target on their back. They are armed and in high crime areas. And like the examples I posted they all look at it as a defense.

Not dismissing all other dgu, but these would have to be the majority.

Are they all armed? Or do they grab guns when they plan to go commit a crime with a gun?

If they are always armed and have records then they would be constantly just picked up for breaking that law.

One of the prime advantages of being the bad guy is deciding when the shit will go down.

Only one of the 16 gang members mentioned in your op was armed with a gun.

All the gang defenders have been armed. You don't know if the other members were armed. They may have been but decided running was a better idea. Chance of surviving a gunfight is slim.

There are about 1.2 million violent crimes each year and gangs are involved in most of them.

Of course the Brain Dead fails to realize that a gun can be used in self defense without being fired

You seem confused again. What does that have to do with this discussion?
You only ever use the term self defense when someone gets shot

Just look at the first line you wrote

Here is an example of the kind of defense that are the majority of gun defenses.

How do you know that it is the majority?

Is it the same way you know that all the unreported rapes and rape attempts and assaults could not have been prevented by an armed victim?

Of course the Brain Dead fails to realize that a gun can be used in self defense without being fired

Here is an example of the kind of defense that are the majority of gun defenses.

Is it the same way you know that all the unreported rapes and rape attempts and assaults could not have been prevented by an armed victim?

No I dont. Whether or not someone gets shot doesn't seem to matter for this topic. I've already explained why.

No I dont. Whether or not someone gets shot doesn't seem to matter for this topic. I've already explained why.

Dead and Dumber 3. :laugh:

So how do you know this is the majority as you state?

Everyone has cash. Criminals tend to target easy targets, not people who are willing or able to fight back.

Gang fact

20 years, 5 months.

Perhaps per capita, but that hardly means they are the "most" in absolute numbers.

Nor do I see how gang members shooting each other is a reason to dismiss DGU by everyone else.

Yes and every one has a huge target on their back. They are armed and in high crime areas. And like the examples I posted they all look at it as a defense.

Are they all armed? Or do they grab guns when they plan to go commit a crime with a gun?

If they are always armed and have records then they would be constantly just picked up for breaking that law.

One of the prime advantages of being the bad guy is deciding when the shit will go down.

All the gang defenders have been armed. You don't know if the other members were armed. They may have been but decided running was a better idea. Chance of surviving a gunfight is slim.

There are about 1.2 million violent crimes each year and gangs are involved in most of them.

Seems an unlikely scenario.

They went to kill a guy with clubs. They must have assumed he would NOT be armed with a gun.

You are assuming they were carrying guns and did not even draw them when he started shooting at them?

None of them? There was no return fire at all?

You have entered pretzel logic area.

Gang fact

20 years, 5 months.

Seems an unlikely scenario.

They went to kill a guy with clubs. They must have assumed he would NOT be armed with a gun.

You are assuming they were carrying guns and did not even draw them when he started shooting at them?

None of them? There was no return fire at all?

You have entered pretzel logic area.

Based on the charges I don't think they went to kill him.

Everyone who has been arrested or is wanted in the incident is facing charges of aggravated battery with a weapon causing great bodily harm, robbery, kidnapping, attempt to commit a violent felony, assault with the intent to commit a violent felony and conspiracy, according to court records.

You have brought a lot of interesting points to this thread, thanks for participating. Intelligent discussion can be hard find sometimes.

Forum List

Back