'Gang of 8' Senators on Tour in Arizona Get to See Border Patrol in Action

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Four of the U.S. senators leading the charge on immigration reform got more than they expected today when they came to Nogales, Ariz., to check on border security.

Just a few steps away from where they stood with Customs and Border Patrol officials, the problem facing the nation unfolded before their eyes: A young woman was sprinting her way out of Mexico, then climbing a security fence, only to be caught by the border patrol within seconds.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., soon tweeted about the event, saying: "Just witnessed a woman successfully climb an 18-ft bollard fence a few yards from us in Nogales. And Border Patrol successfully apprehended her, but incident is another reminder that threats to our border security are real."

Arizona's Senate delegation, McCain and Sen. Jeff Flake, both Republicans, hosted Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., for a tour along the border in Nogales, part of the Tucson sector. All four senators are members of the so-called "Gang of Eight" that is working on a solution to the nation's immigration issues.

'Gang of 8' Senators on Tour in Arizona Get to See Border Patrol in Action

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Illegals-Unacceptable-Americas-Failure-Control/dp/B005DIAKSG]Illegals: The Unacceptable Cost of America's Failure to Control Its Borders: Darrell Ankarlo: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I know people in the town I live in that regularly take hunting trips to the border.
That woman would have been dead and one of them would have one of her ears as a trophy.

That is one unintended consequence of our semi-open borders.

I doubt the majority of reasonable people condone that.

Geezer McCain and Chuckles Schumer were disappointed that she was arrested so quickly. They probably had a green card all ready for her.

Yep threats to our boarders are so "real" that we have gotten rid of boarder agents in high traffic boarder towns. McCain...:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back