Gang shootings in Britain are escalating...but, they banned and confiscated guns, right?

More frivolous gun control laws only hurt law-abiding people, they are a blessing for violent criminals. Because criminals do not obey laws… That’s why they are called criminals
How have the law-abiding people been hurt and how painful was it?
Anytime you take any freedom away that’s as painful as it gets...
I`ll try this again: What gun were you banned from buying and who took away your freedom? I still have my freedom.

Their rates? They went up from 1 to 2?
are you seriously saying their rates are anywhere close to ours?
We were started by aggressive immigrants drowned in guns.
Wt do we expect?

I've said this over and over.

Our murder rate has always been higher than the UK as far back as I can find.

But all their gun laws gun bans etc did nothing to lower their murder rate.
The so called assault weapon ban in this country was allowed to expire because that gun ban had absolutely no effect on our murder rate.

Our murder rate has been on an overall decline for the last 3 decades and is really only as high as it is due to a handful of ultra violent urban shit holes

There are far more variables that contribute to the differences in murder rates between the UK and the US than just guns or gun laws.

Only simpletons think such a complex issue is due to guns and guns alone

Only a simpleton would believe the number of guns has nothing to do with it.

Then tell me why the murder rate in countries that have passed strict gun laws, bans and even confiscations do not see their murder rates drop after those laws are passed.

What you fail to understand is that anyone who will commit a murder with a gun will commit a murder without a gun.

No. lots of people have disagreements, or even fight. If there is a gun involved, someone has a good chance of being dead. Not so if a gun is not involved.
Na, People kill people not firearms… Firearms have nothing to do with it
I thought it was people with guns kill people
Areyou seriously saying knife murders in the uk = gun deaths here?
Difficult for a 5 year old to kill his bro with a knife

More frivolous gun control laws only hurt law-abiding people, they are a blessing for violent criminals. Because criminals do not obey laws… That’s why they are called criminals
I`ll try this again: What gun were you banned from buying and who took away your freedom? I still have my freedom.

Don't tell the pantywaists who never were bombed in their life.
Need a gun to make them feel like men.
Pathetic

Only a fool trusts the federal government

Only a fool trusts the federal government
Even worse the states.
I play golf with these guys

The so called assault weapon ban in this country was allowed to expire because that gun ban had absolutely no effect on our murder rate.

Our murder rate has been on an overall decline for the last 3 decades and is really only as high as it is due to a handful of ultra violent urban shit holes

There are far more variables that contribute to the differences in murder rates between the UK and the US than just guns or gun laws.

Then tell me why the murder rate in countries that have passed strict gun laws, bans and even confiscations do not see their murder rates drop after those laws are passed.

What you fail to understand is that anyone who will commit a murder with a gun will commit a murder without a gun.

No. lots of people have disagreements, or even fight. If there is a gun involved, someone has a good chance of being dead. Not so if a gun is not involved.

More people are killed annually in the US with knives than with so called assault rifles
More people are killed by fists and feet annually in the US than are killed with so called assault rifles

And if you're going to call for gun laws because of accidental shootings you have lost because no law will ever stop accidents from happening.

I am currently banned from buying certain rifles in my state.

So a mass shooting isn't a criminal activity where multiple people are shot? Your head is overheating again. Better cool it off.
In Britain, crooks are reduced to renting guns to do their crimes. They can't just buy one from an individual without a background check. Why do you want to make it easier for crooks and crazy people to have guns?
Gun shortages forcing rival gangs to 'rent weapons from middlemen' | Daily Mail Online
Gun shortage forces gangs to take turns renting SAME weapons from middlemen

Moron...our gangs do the same thing, the gang controls who gets the guns....the same thing. The FBI determines it moron....a mass public shooting is different than a gang shooting doofus....

And our criminals get around your background checks easily, they steal the guns or get a straw buyer....and our gun crime rate is going down, their gun crime rate, on an Island, where they banned guns...is going up....

Would you be in favor of stopping criminals from stealing guns, or having straw buyers? Of course you would. Gun sales without a background check is another way criminals get guns. Why don't you want to take that option from them? You support criminals easily buying guns without background checks. You should be ashamed.

You cannot stop the stealing of firearms anymore than you can stop any other crime and straw buyers are used specifically because they can pass background checks so how do you prevent straw purchases?

So you think straw purchasers and stealing are the only ways they get guns?

They don't walk into gun shops and buy guns

That's not really an answer to the question is it? They do walk up to individual sellers and buy guns.

Moron...our gangs do the same thing, the gang controls who gets the guns....the same thing. The FBI determines it moron....a mass public shooting is different than a gang shooting doofus....

And our criminals get around your background checks easily, they steal the guns or get a straw buyer....and our gun crime rate is going down, their gun crime rate, on an Island, where they banned guns...is going up....

Would you be in favor of stopping criminals from stealing guns, or having straw buyers? Of course you would. Gun sales without a background check is another way criminals get guns. Why don't you want to take that option from them? You support criminals easily buying guns without background checks. You should be ashamed.

You cannot stop the stealing of firearms anymore than you can stop any other crime and straw buyers are used specifically because they can pass background checks so how do you prevent straw purchases?

That's not really an answer to the question is it? They do walk up to individual sellers and buy guns.
Ya, people in gangs yeah, not ordinary citizens though. You watch for too many Hollywood movies

So now they go to south America to buy guns? I thought you said they fought other gangs and took theirs? Would you make up your mind?
Through the black market, they certainly do not buy them from gun shows in parking lots. Only a dumbass would believe that. Lol

Meet me at the next gun show in Houston. I have seen it myself.
Yes go to the Houston gun show and see how many firearms you can buy, As compared to what you can buy on the black market. Lol

Why don't you want to limit accessibility in every way we can? Why do you want crooks and crazies to have as many guns as they want?
Private sales are none of yours or my business, and certainly none of the federal government business

It allows crooks and crazies to buy lots of guns with no one to stop them. Mission accomplished for gun nuts.

Through the black market, they certainly do not buy them from gun shows in parking lots. Only a dumbass would believe that. Lol

Yes go to the Houston gun show and see how many firearms you can buy, As compared to what you can buy on the black market. Lol

Why don't you want to limit accessibility in every way we can? Why do you want crooks and crazies to have as many guns as they want?
Private sales are none of yours or my business, and certainly none of the federal government business

It allows crooks and crazies to buy lots of guns with no one to stop them. Mission accomplished for gun nuts.
Lol
Like I said you watch far too many Hollywood movies, you silly little fucker

More people are killed annually in the US with knives than with so called assault rifles
More people are killed by fists and feet annually in the US than are killed with so called assault rifles

And if you're going to call for gun laws because of accidental shootings you have lost because no law will ever stop accidents from happening.

Most murders are with guns.Are you trying to say they aren't? Please try not to sidestep this question.

And here we have it....more gang shootings in the island nation that banned and confiscated guns.......

And before the anti gunners say....in a whiny voice..."But...But.....compare that to the U.S...."

They banned and confiscated guns.

They are an island nation, without easy accessible borders.

And their gun crime rate is going up....and their criminals are now starting to shoot to kill, they are not playing around anymore.

Surge in London gangland shootings as record 880 guns seized in a year

The number of gangland shootings in London has surged as criminals used weapons to intimidate rivals and settle disputes.

New statistics reveal “lethal barrel firearms discharges” in the capital rose by nearly 13 per cent in 2017. Police also seized a record number of guns.
——-
Detectives say they are also witnessing an increase in the number of linked shootings — most involving gangs firing weapons at rivals or their property.

Yes, it's tragic.They had 350 shootings in 12 months when they only had 310 in the previous 12 months. That's 40 more dead people per year. We have 30 to 40 people killed with guns each and every day. Like I said many times before, they are doing it right. We should copy them as much as we can.
We have much bigger fish to fry, take your pick...
2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America

So you're good with mass shootings every few weeks, and the highest gun death rate of all first world countries? That's disgusting

No...we aren't, but nothing you are suggesting will stop them. And unless you exchange our inner city criminals for the inner city criminals of Europe, you won't change our inner city shooting rate either....

Ya, people in gangs yeah, not ordinary citizens though. You watch for too many Hollywood movies

How would a background check stop an ordinary citizen from getting a gun? Gun dealers do them every day. How many ordinary citizens are refused because of them?

Lol
Like I said you watch far too many Hollywood movies, you silly little fucker

You've said a lot of goofy shit.

"Rustic, post: 19169729, member: 55848"]
So what?

The point that sailed right over your head was that the UK gun laws did not reduce their murder rates in fact their murder rates actually went up after the gun laws and gun bans.

There are far more variables that account for the differences in the UK and the US murder rates than just guns and gun laws.

Their rates? They went up from 1 to 2?
are you seriously saying their rates are anywhere close to ours?
We were started by aggressive immigrants drowned in guns.
Wt do we expect?

Yep, There are many more more effective ways. Like vehicles and bombs. Fact

Really? There were 699 bomb deaths between 83 and 2002. I'm sure there are more now. Lets say they have increased by a factor of 10. Still only a tiny amount compared to gun deaths.
The United States twenty-year experience with bombing incidents: implications for terrorism preparedness and medical response. - PubMed - NCBI

As far as cars, gun deaths caught up with automobile deaths in 2014. Of course, the vast majority of auto deaths are from accidents, not someone using a car for murder.
Guns are now killing as many people as cars in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

No...gun deaths did not catch up to car deaths in 2014...that is a lie......you are mixing suicide and gun murder together...which makes it a lie....

Here is the truth...acccidental death to accidental death...not even close....so, in order to lie and make it look close, you have to add in intentional self harm....suicide

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

How would a background check stop an ordinary citizen from getting a gun? Gun dealers do them every day. How many ordinary citizens are refused because of them?

A background check for a private sale is going to increase the time and money required to purchase a gun.....it will effect the poor and their ability to buy guns...

But the real reason anti gunners want Universal Background checks...is that when they fail to effect the gun crime rate and mass shootings, it will allow the anti gunners to demand universal gun registration...that is the gold standard for gun grabbers......They need to know who owns the guns so that when they ban them, they can't be hidden or reported stolen....so first, they get universal background checks, then they demand universal gun registration...then, when they get the power, they can ban whatever they want and you can't escape....

And here we have it....more gang shootings in the island nation that banned and confiscated guns.......

And before the anti gunners say....in a whiny voice..."But...But.....compare that to the U.S...."

And their gun crime rate is going up....and their criminals are now starting to shoot to kill, they are not playing around anymore.

The number of gangland shootings in London has surged as criminals used weapons to intimidate rivals and settle disputes.

New statistics reveal “lethal barrel firearms discharges” in the capital rose by nearly 13 per cent in 2017. Police also seized a record number of guns.
——-
Detectives say they are also witnessing an increase in the number of linked shootings — most involving gangs firing weapons at rivals or their property.

Yes, it's tragic.They had 350 shootings in 12 months when they only had 310 in the previous 12 months. That's 40 more dead people per year. We have 30 to 40 people killed with guns each and every day. Like I said many times before, they are doing it right. We should copy them as much as we can.

So you're good with mass shootings every few weeks, and the highest gun death rate of all first world countries? That's disgusting

No...we aren't, but nothing you are suggesting will stop them. And unless you exchange our inner city criminals for the inner city criminals of Europe, you won't change our inner city shooting rate either....

Yes, universal background checks would reduce gun deaths, just like background checks for new guns do. No one method will completely stop them, but that is a stupid reason to do nothing.

——-

Yes, universal background checks would reduce gun deaths, just like background checks for new guns do. No one method will completely stop them, but that is a stupid reason to do nothing.

No..they wouldn't, they wouldn't do anything even close since current federal background checks don't stop current gun murder rates or mass shootings....

Criminals do not go through background checks now, they won't go through universal background checks in the future....Britain doesn't have background checks for the guns being used by their criminals....they have done every single thing you want, up to and including banning guns and confiscating all guns for everyone but the rich and famous who have their tiny number of hunting rifles and shotguns which they keep at gun clubs....

And their gun crime rate is sky rocketing.......you have no idea what you are talking about......

The way you reduce gun crime is to arrest and jail violent gun offenders and keep them locked up for 30 years...anything else is either intentionally dishonest and an attempt to ban guns for law abiding people, or is uninformed silliness from people who don't know what they are talking about...

Which one are you?

Forum List

Back