GAO rules Trump broke the law

Colfax lost another debate. Shocking. Trump will be acquitted as the impeachment was a political scam perpetrated by the Democrats.

Care4all has said it repeatedly: the impeachment is a purely political process, and now the democrats have forever trashed their credibility by using pure politics to try to brazenly remove their political opponent to put Joe Biden in the White House.

First we had Obama in 2012 using the IRS to throw the election his way, then Hillary in 2016 using the Ukraine, the Steele Dossier and the DNC to throw the election her way, and now the House Democrats are trying to steal another election through endless obfuscation, obstruction and endless, baseless investigations.

Colfax lost another debate. Shocking. Trump will be acquitted as the impeachment was a political scam perpetrated by the Democrats.

Care4all has said it repeatedly: the impeachment is a purely political process, and now the democrats have forever trashed their credibility by using pure politics to try to brazenly remove their political opponent to put Joe Biden in the White House.

First we had Obama in 2012 using the IRS to throw the election his way, then Hillary in 2016 using the Ukraine, the Steele Dossier and the DNC to throw the election her way, and now the House Democrats are trying to steal another election through endless obfuscation, obstruction and endless, baseless investigations.

You’re all over the map. It’s a political process that’s been trashed by the Dems playing politics.

Y’all know this is bad and your words betray you. Obama demanding the IRS investigate conservative groups is bad, right? Isn’t that exactly what Trump is doing here? Demanding an investigation into Biden?

the right to confront one's accuser is a trial right. The House did not conduct a trial. The constitution is quite clear that the Senate has the trial. The whistleblower is not being used as a witness. Democrats haven't called on him. His complaint is not being used as testimony. He cannot be considered the accuser given he hasn't witnessed the actions.

Glad you understand that as the triers of the case, that Trump and the Senate will have the right and ability to call the whistleblower to the stand and face his accuser. The whistleblower's complaint is the entire basis of Trump's impeachment and now you admit that he hasn't even witnessed the actions? Wow.

Now I admit he hasn’t witnessed the actions? I never stated he did. Why would I? Not even the whistleblower said he did.

If the Senate decides to call the whistleblower to the stand, then that’s what they decide. (Trump and his legal team have no rights to call witnesses) But the whistleblower isn’t central to the case. In fact, the whistleblower isn’t even part of the evidence submitted by the House managers.

Oh, and the 6th amendment only covers criminal proceedings. Let’s not forget.

What's the difference when the GAO calls something a crime or when Blasey Ford calls something a crime or when Comey or the IG call crimes OK? They're all establishment, deep state traitors whose goal is to take total control of our government and use it for their own enrichment.

What's the difference when the GAO calls something a crime or when Blasey Ford calls something a crime or when Comey or the IG call crimes OK? They're all establishment, deep state traitors whose goal is to take total control of our government and use it for their own enrichment.
HUH?

The GAO is equivalent to a private citizen?

No. That would be bullshit

HUH?

The GAO is equivalent to a private citizen?

No. That would be bullshit
What the hell do you think makes up the GAO? They're the corrupt insiders in our government system which are also known as the deep state. They protect each other at the expense of the American people. The integrity of your government is at stake and all you can think about is your stupid party.

Gov’t Watchdog Office: OMB Broke Law With Trump-Ordered Ukraine Aid Freeze
Gov't Watchdog Office: OMB Broke Law With Trump-Ordered Ukraine Aid Freeze

The U.S. Government Accountability Office, a government watchdog agency that advises Congress, concluded Thursday that the hold President Trump ordered his Office of Management and Budget to place on Ukraine military assistance violated the law.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” a GAO opinion said. “OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA.”

The opinion outlined the reasons holds can be legally placed on congressionally authorized funding, and said the rational given for freezing the Ukraine aid did not fit within those reasons.

“The burden to justify a withholding of budget authority rests with the executive branch. Here, OMB has failed to meet this burden. We conclude that OMB violated the ICA when it withheld USAI funds for a policy reason,” the GAO said.
....................................................................................................................
So much for the Trumper assertion Trump broke no laws.

Since when does the GAO offer anything but accounting figures and tabulations of values?

Appropriations Law Decisions

The digest of GAO legal opinions on appropriations goes back to at least 2003. Plus, it's in the job description:

• Appropriations Law: GAO issues legal opinions and decisions to Congress and federal agencies on the use of, and accountability for, public funds, including ruling on potential violations of the Antideficiency Act.
  • Other Legal Work: GAO issues legal opinions and decisions to Congress and federal agencies on the use of, and accountability for, public funds, including ruling on potential violations of the Antideficiency Act.

Yet they are a bunch of accountants.

And their opinion has been called bullshit by OMB.

They also said Obama did the same thing 7 or so times. I'm sure you were calling for his impeachment over that....

The U.S. Government Accountability Office, a government watchdog agency that advises Congress, concluded Thursday that the hold President Trump ordered his Office of Management and Budget to place on Ukraine military assistance violated the law.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” a GAO opinion said. “OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA.”

The opinion outlined the reasons holds can be legally placed on congressionally authorized funding, and said the rational given for freezing the Ukraine aid did not fit within those reasons.

“The burden to justify a withholding of budget authority rests with the executive branch. Here, OMB has failed to meet this burden. We conclude that OMB violated the ICA when it withheld USAI funds for a policy reason,” the GAO said.
....................................................................................................................

Since when does the GAO offer anything but accounting figures and tabulations of values?

The digest of GAO legal opinions on appropriations goes back to at least 2003. Plus, it's in the job description:

• Appropriations Law: GAO issues legal opinions and decisions to Congress and federal agencies on the use of, and accountability for, public funds, including ruling on potential violations of the Antideficiency Act.
  • Other Legal Work: GAO issues legal opinions and decisions to Congress and federal agencies on the use of, and accountability for, public funds, including ruling on potential violations of the Antideficiency Act.

They also said Obama did the same thing 7 or so times. I'm sure you were calling for his impeachment over that....

I think you meant to say, "my mistake".

No, I said what I said you milquetoast SJW twatwaddle.

How many of their "opinions" have actually led to prosecutions.

They are supposed to be the accounting machine for Congress until some morons expanded their scope outside their area of expertise.

What else is the OMB going to say? They're the ones who broke the law..........at Trump's direction.

READ: GAO concludes OMB violated law in withholding Ukraine aid - CNNPolitics

So where are your posts from a few years ago clamoring for impeachment of Obama because GAO said he broke the law?
If Obama had been involved in an illegal scheme like this one to benefit himself by corrupting the election he would have been impeached.

They are supposed to be the accounting machine for Congress until some morons expanded their scope outside their area of expertise.

And yet you're the guy who didn't know it was part of the GAO's mission to render legal opinions on appropriation matters. Maybe you don't know the definition of ignorant.

You do have your party-line insults down - I'll give you that.

Everyone understands the opinion they issued is not legally binding. But it is a valid, legally founded opinion citing the law every step of the way. It refutes the claim no law was broken. Which is why Trumpette's are trying so hard to discredit it..................and failing.

What else is the OMB going to say? They're the ones who broke the law..........at Trump's direction.

So where are your posts from a few years ago clamoring for impeachment of Obama because GAO said he broke the law?
If Obama had been involved in an illegal scheme like this one to benefit himself by corrupting the election he would have been impeached.

Nice dodge there, dippy.

"It's OK when my side does it, because, shut up"

And yet you're the guy who didn't know it was part of the GAO's mission to render legal opinions on appropriation matters. Maybe you don't know the definition of ignorant.

You do have your party-line insults down - I'll give you that.

The GAO has always been number crunchers. The new "mandate" is outside their scope and expertise.

Here is some observations on their "opinion" from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Four Observations Concerning the GAO Decision

But GAO has not come close to resolving these factual issues or analyzing the complex legal issues in this situation. And it was truly reckless for GAO to suggest otherwise. They offered only a threadbare constitutional analysis, during this heated and polarized time, hours before the impeachment trial began.

Everyone understands the opinion they issued is not legally binding. But it is a valid, legally founded opinion citing the law every step of the way. It refutes the claim no law was broken. Which is why Trumpette's are trying so hard to discredit it..................and failing.

See my post above for an actual constitutional scholar fisking the GAO's "opinion"

Nice dodge there, dippy.

"It's OK when my side does it, because, shut up"
You've summarized the Trumpette defense of Dear Leader perfectly.

So being president is now illegal?....its up to the commander and chief to determine if our tax dollars we send to other nations will be used in a non corrupt fashion....OMB?...don't make us laugh...no one votes for the OMB....

Where does the constitution say that?
In the part where foreign diplomacy is the sole responsibility of the President.

Forum List

Back