Garrison Keillor Fired over Allegations of 'Improper' Behavior

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Garrison Keillor says fired over alleged improper behavior

Garrison Keillor, the former host of "A Prairie Home Companion," said Wednesday he has been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of improper behavior.

Keillor told The Associated Press of his firing in an email. In a follow-up statement, he said he was fired over "a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard." He didn't give details of the allegation.

Minnesota Public Radio didn't immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

The statement came shortly after Keillor, an avowed Democrat, wrote a syndicated column that ridiculed the idea that Sen. Al Franken should resign over allegations of sexual harassment.

Another one bites the dust.

Better link:

Garrison Keillor Says He Has Been Fired Over Allegations of Improper Conduct

The real shocker---MPR says they are going to change the name of the Prairie Home Companion!

"Minnesota Public Radio said it would also cut off all business relationships with Mr. Keillor’s media companies, including ending distribution and broadcast of “The Writer’s Almanac” and rebroadcasts of “The Best of A Prairie Home Companion hosted by Garrison Keillor.”

It will also change the name of American Public Media’s weekly music and variety program hosted by Chris Thile, who took over “A Prairie Home Companion” in October 2016, after Mr. Keillor retired."

Better Link:

Garrison Keillor fired, says he put hand on woman's back

"Keillor didn't detail the allegation to AP, but in an email to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Keillor said he had put his hand on a woman's bare back in an attempt to console her.
"I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it," Keillor told the newspaper. "We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.""

Better Link:

Garrison Keillor fired, says he put hand on woman's back

"Keillor didn't detail the allegation to AP, but in an email to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Keillor said he had put his hand on a woman's bare back in an attempt to console her.
"I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it," Keillor told the newspaper. "We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.""
yea, not out of hand at all at this point.

This whole thing is starting to look like this:

it could never have gone any other way.

1) address a real issue
2) see the sympathy pour out for those who honestly were harassed by men
3) #METOO!!!!!

if you make a call of IF YOU'VE BEEN PERSECUTED COME ON DOWN!!! just about everyone will. if you've seen revenge of the nerds you know it's true. the only people left were the "beautiful people" and everyone else had been picked on to some degree.

we can't fix a problem, we have to OVERFIX it and beat the fuck out of it until we create another problem in the process then we SWING BACK the other way.

when you get a mob going nothing is rational any longer.

Forum List

Back