Gas went from 3.61 to 3.99 withing minutes.

You claimed the dollar is in free fall. I replied that the value has been stable against the Euro and risen against the Pound. You freak out, pick a different point in time, then jump up and down about the dollar falling against the Euro since that point. You then claim I'm moving the goal post because you don't understand that the Euro isn't the only other currency.

You're lying I said devalued.

The dollar lost it's value against both currencies.

No I didn't The only date I mentioned was 2008 and 2012

You then claim I'm moving the goal post because you don't understand that the Euro isn't the only other currency.
You did move the goal post because you first mentioned the pound and the Euro, when you saw that the dollar lost it's value against both you start mentioning the other currencies.

The dollar hasn't lost ground against the pound. In fact, it's gained significant ground against the pound.
You are lying look at the link I posted

I'm not lying, you just don't know how to read.

The post you're referencing:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...61-to-3-99-withing-minutes-9.html#post4994798

Those numbers show the pound falling around 20% relative to the dollar.

You don't know how to read it

THE DOLLAR VS. THE POUND 2008
March
2.00147 USD

THE DOLLAR VS. THE POUND 2012
March
1.57836 USD

In 2008 the dollar value against the pound was 2.00147 now in 2012 it's 1.57836 a difference of what? It doesn't show it gained value but lost value.

That means the pound lost value. One pound would buy 2 dollars in 2008, but it will only by 1.58 dollars now. Replace dollars with bananas and it becomes more clear. If a pound would by 2 bananas in 2008, but only buys 1.58 banana today, would you say the pound is more valuable? Of course not.

That means the pound lost value. One pound would buy 2 dollars in 2008, but it will only by 1.58 dollars now. Replace dollars with bananas and it becomes more clear. If a pound would by 2 bananas in 2008, but only buys 1.58 banana today, would you say the pound is more valuable? Of course not.

Talking about banana's you are banana's.
Did the dollar value rise or fall from 2008 to 2012?

The value of the dollar, relative to the pound, rose from 2008 to 2012.

Has the value of the dollar dropped from 2008 to 2012? Yes or no?

Versus what other currency? Because, as Polk pointed out, it has risen against the Pound.

Against the Euro, it is about the same as it was at this point in 2008.

US Dollar vs Euro Chart (USDEUR)

Against the Chinese Yuan, it has fallen, but then pretty much everything has.

Against the Russian ruble, it has remained the same on average, though the ruble's value fluctuated wildly in 2008, so it would change depending on which part of 2008 you were referring to.

You claimed the dollar is in free fall. I replied that the value has been stable against the Euro and risen against the Pound. You freak out, pick a different point in time, then jump up and down about the dollar falling against the Euro since that point. You then claim I'm moving the goal post because you don't understand that the Euro isn't the only other currency.

You then claim I'm moving the goal post because you don't understand that the Euro isn't the only other currency.
You did move the goal post because you first mentioned the pound and the Euro, when you saw that the dollar lost it's value against both you start mentioning the other currencies.

The dollar hasn't lost ground against the pound. In fact, it's gained significant ground against the pound.

I notice that the most significant devaluation of the dollar v euro came in the years following Bush's tax break for the rich, funded with debt from China.

The value of the dollar, relative to the pound, rose from 2008 to 2012.

Has the value of the dollar dropped from 2008 to 2012? Yes or no?

Versus what other currency? Because, as Polk pointed out, it has risen against the Pound.

Against the Euro, it is about the same as it was at this point in 2008.

US Dollar vs Euro Chart (USDEUR)

Against the Chinese Yuan, it has fallen, but then pretty much everything has.

Against the Russian ruble, it has remained the same on average, though the ruble's value fluctuated wildly in 2008, so it would change depending on which part of 2008 you were referring to.

You sons a bitches are dumber than fucking dog shit. What god damn currency have Polk and I been talking about? Take your stupid ass back and look it up.

March
2.00147 USD

March
1.57836 USD
Which is the higher number dumb shit
A. 2.00147
B. 1.57836

I notice that the most significant devaluation of the dollar v euro came in the years following Bush's tax break for the rich, funded with debt from China.

I don't know post it
But the two years that have been discussed have been 2008 and 2012. 2012 value is lower than 2008 value.

You sons a bitches are dumber than fucking dog shit. What god damn currency have Polk and I been talking about? Take your stupid ass back and look it up.

March
2.00147 USD

March
1.57836 USD
A. 2.00147
B. 1.57836

Dude, seriously, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

The numbers you posted here actually show how many dollars the pound is equal to.

Therefore, since the numbers went down, that means the dollar is worth more...

Here, check out this chart. March to March.

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=qkchart&symbol=FX^USDGBP

Last edited:

March
2.00147 USD

March
1.57836 USD
A. 2.00147
B. 1.57836

Dude, seriously, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

The numbers you posted here actually show how many dollars the pound is equal to.

Therefore, since the numbers went down, that means the dollar is worth more...

Here, check out this chart. March to March.

US Dollar vs UK Pound Sterling Chart (USDGBP)

Then your dumber than dog shit

2.00147 is more than 1.57836 which in turn means you get less for your dollar. Have you ever traded dollars for another currency? When I was in Germany the stronger the dollar the more Marks you could get. The same is with any currency.

Last edited:

2.00147 is more than 1.57836 which in turn means you get less for your dollar.

Okie doke.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...

Didya look at the chart though?
I posted the link I know what it says. Have you ever traded dollars for another currency? When I was in Germany the stronger the dollar the more Marks you could get. The same is with any currency.

2.00147 is more than 1.57836 which in turn means you get less for your dollar.

Okie doke.

I posted the link I know what it says. Have you ever traded dollars for another currency? When I was in Germany the stronger the dollar the more Marks you could get. The same is with any currency.

I've done it in Greece, Germany, Portugal (Azores), Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

Yeah, I'm looking at your chart right now.

I'm just saying you're reading it backwards. It's really an easy mistake to make.

The base currency used to make the comparison in this case is the British Pound.

And the Number in the chart is the amount of US Dollars the base currency is equal to.

The title of the chart is: American Dollars to 1 GBP

Yeah, I'm looking at your chart right now.

I'm just saying you're reading it backwards. It's really an easy mistake to make.

The base currency used to make the comparison in this case is the British Pound.

And the Number in the chart is the amount of US Dollars the base currency is equal to.

The title of the chart is: American Dollars to 1 GBP

Read this very slowly and think about it before you respond. When the dollar is worth more you get more in exchange.

Okie doke.

I've done it in Greece, Germany, Portugal (Azores), Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

Back in 82 and 83 I loved living in Germany with a strong dollar 3 mark 25 for every dollar.

Forum List

Back