Gas went from 3.61 to 3.99 withing minutes.

You don't get less pounds per dollar. You get less dollars per pound, which means, by definition, you get more pounds per dollar.

As I said you don't know jack shit.

In 2008 you were able to exchange 1 dollar and get a little bit over 2 British sterling pounds
In 2012 You can exchange 1 dollar and just a little bit over 1 British sterling pound meaning in 2012 you get less for the dollar.

Except that's not what happened. In 2008, you were able to get a little over 2 dollars for a pound, and now you only get around 1.5 dollars per pound.

For dollars to pounds,

US Dollar: CURRENCY:USD quotes & news - Google Finance

On February 29, 2008, 1 dollar would buy .5029 pounds. At close today, 1 dollar will buy 0.6301 pounds.
No your way is that the right way
I have already used my source This is what it was.
IN 2008 THE CONVERSION RATE WAS THIS 2.00147
IN 2012 THE CONVERSION RATE IS THIS 1.57836

Last edited:
A station near me was $ 3.73 yesterday afternoon $ 3.83 this morning I wouldn't be surprised if it's $ 4.00 dollars by Friday if prices stay this high or higher this will be a major problem for Obama.

Obumba can't do anything about it!
:D

Thanks for admitting that the POTUS or his policies don't set gas prices. I'm glad you find it amusing. I'm quite amused at the stupidity coming from the wingnuts.

2008 has the higher value, but those charts show the number of dollars you can get for a pound. A higher value in those charts means a weaker dollar.

2008 has the higher value, but those charts show the number of dollars you can get for a pound. A higher value in those charts means a weaker dollar.

2008 2.00147 more value more dollars
2012 1.57836 less value less dollars

Last edited:
A station near me was $ 3.73 yesterday afternoon $ 3.83 this morning I wouldn't be surprised if it's $ 4.00 dollars by Friday if prices stay this high or higher this will be a major problem for Obama.

Obumba can't do anything about it!
:D

Thanks for admitting that the POTUS or his policies don't set gas prices. I'm glad you find it amusing. I'm quite amused at the stupidity coming from the wingnuts.

Stop devaluing the dollar

Back in 1999 when gasoline was 70 cents/gallon (net of federal taxes), did anyone of you bank those savings?

Do you know what American oil producers did in 1999 when gasoline was 70 cents and oil was $10/barrel? Those who didn't go out of business stopped drilling, and they saved their meager earnings. They ate macaroni and beans for years on end while you spoiled fucks lavished in cheap gasoline.

I've said this before and I'll say it again- YOU who are reading this post- go out there and drill an oilwell. Drill a natural gas well. Once you've done that- get back to me. Then we'll talk.

The beauty of it is, it doesn't cost you a penny. In fact, you can make a few thousand dollars of iincome for yourself. But be prepared to work, and take risk. "Work" you say? "Risk" you say?

What's that? That- is obviously something of which you have no clue.
You piddle fuck know nothing wannabe whores.

Blather and cock walk.

Gas dropped 12 cents a gallon at my local station today....after I filled up yesterday. DAMMIT!

12 cents? Times what- a 15 gallon gas tank? 20 gallons?

So... that's $1.80 to $2.40 for an entire tank full of gas?

What in the holy fuck of christ is everyone bitching about?

Spoiled, entitled mother fucking know nothing tit sucking babies.

Waaaaa.....

Gas dropped 12 cents a gallon at my local station today....after I filled up yesterday. DAMMIT!

Waaaaa.....

2.64 actually...22 gallon tank.

And wow...dude...lighten up...it was meant to be funny at my own expense sheesh...

Waaaaa.....

And wow...dude...lighten up...it was meant to be funny at my own expense sheesh...

Ok that's cool. But my expense is my monetary expense as in food and clothing.
And when I was without food and clothing you were paying pennies for gasoline.

This is what it's about from my perspective. And that's the point I try to make here-
If anybody thinks it's a guaranteed rich deal to be in the oil business, then be yourself in the oil business. Start me up. Tell me how you want to be in the oil business in order that you will make yourself rich.

Waaaaa.....

Ok that's cool. But my expense is my monetary expense as in food and clothing.
And when I was without food and clothing you were paying pennies for gasoline.

This is what it's about from my perspective. And that's the point I try to make here-
If anybody thinks it's a guaranteed rich deal to be in the oil business, then be yourself in the oil business. Start me up. Tell me how you want to be in the oil business in order that you will make yourself rich.

Do I have to start my own company? Or can I just start off as the CEO of Exxon?

Back in the mid 80's reg gas was $.99 a gallon.
On 9/11 gas was $1.29 a gallon
Today gas costs $4.18 a gallon.

A weaker dollar would mean you should be able to by more of them per pound, not less.

A weaker dollar would mean you should be able to by more of them per pound, not less.

Forum List

Back