Gas went from 3.61 to 3.99 withing minutes.

Read this very slowly and think about it before you respond. When the dollar is worth more you get more in exchange.

And when the Pound is worth more, you get more Dollars in exchange...

The chart clearly shows how much a Pound is worth, in Dollars. It's the title of the chart.

Therefore, the higher the number, the less the Dollar is worth...

Damnit, where is Toro when you need him?

Ive been paying about $4.40 a gallon now for weeks here in New York.

Fucking sweet............and I'll happily pay it for several more months when they throw this fraud of a president out on his ear in November. ALmost done with 4 years of Wizard of fucking Oz:D:D:D

Last edited:

Fucking sweet............and I'll happily pay it for several more months when they throw this fruad of a president out on his ear in November.

Which is the direct result of the refineries in Philadelphia being shut down by the Oil companies.

Fucking sweet............and I'll happily pay it for several more months when they throw this fruad of a president out on his ear in November.

Which is the direct result of the refineries in Philadelphia being shut down by the Oil companies.

Another with the political IQ of a handball.

But nobody thinks that dummy............

I posted the link I know what it says. Have you ever traded dollars for another currency? When I was in Germany the stronger the dollar the more Marks you could get. The same is with any currency.

I've done it in Greece, Germany, Portugal (Azores), Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

Back in 82 and 83 I loved living in Germany with a strong dollar 3 mark 25 for every dollar.
Several Hundred Drachma to the dollar...Abounding Escudos...Lots of Lira, Reams of Riyals...Got a big bang for the buck in those days.
icon14.gif

You sons a bitches are dumber than fucking dog shit. What god damn currency have Polk and I been talking about? Take your stupid ass back and look it up.

THE DOLLAR VS. THE POUND 2008
March
2.00147 USD

THE DOLLAR VS. THE POUND 2012
March
1.57836 USD
Which is the higher number dumb shit
A. 2.00147
B. 1.57836

Dude, seriously, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

The numbers you posted here actually show how many dollars the pound is equal to.

Therefore, since the numbers went down, that means the dollar is worth more...

Here, check out this chart. March to March.

US Dollar vs UK Pound Sterling Chart (USDGBP)

Then your dumber than dog shit

2.00147 is more than 1.57836 which in turn means you get less for your dollar. Have you ever traded dollars for another currency? When I was in Germany the stronger the dollar the more Marks you could get. The same is with any currency.

Those numbers are the amount of dollars you get per pound. So, it took 2 dollars to buy one pound then, but only takes 1.58 today.

Read this very slowly and think about it before you respond. When the dollar is worth more you get more in exchange.

And when the Pound is worth more, you get more Dollars in exchange...

The chart clearly shows how much a Pound is worth, in Dollars. It's the title of the chart.

Therefore, the higher the number, the less the Dollar is worth...

OK here's how it works when the dollar is strong on the currency exchange rate you get more when the dollar is weak you get less. That's the way it was when I lived in Germany. Back in 84 you could get 3 mark 45 to one dollar.

Because Toro knows I am right.

Dude, seriously, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

The numbers you posted here actually show how many dollars the pound is equal to.

Therefore, since the numbers went down, that means the dollar is worth more...

Here, check out this chart. March to March.

US Dollar vs UK Pound Sterling Chart (USDGBP)

2.00147 is more than 1.57836 which in turn means you get less for your dollar. Have you ever traded dollars for another currency? When I was in Germany the stronger the dollar the more Marks you could get. The same is with any currency.

Those numbers are the amount of dollars you get per pound. So, it took 2 dollars to buy one pound then, but only takes 1.58 today.

Did you notice and I sure you have 2008 you could get more British pounds per dollar but in 2012 you get less? That's the price of a devalued dollar.

Did you notice and I sure you have 2008 you could get more British pounds per dollar but in 2012 you get less? That's the price of a devalued dollar.

You don't get less pounds per dollar. You get less dollars per pound, which means, by definition, you get more pounds per dollar.

Back in 82 and 83 I loved living in Germany with a strong dollar 3 mark 25 for every dollar.
Several Hundred Drachma to the dollar...Abounding Escudos...Lots of Lira, Reams of Riyals...Got a big bang for the buck in those days.
icon14.gif

I bet you would get less now.

Three of those four currencies don't exist anymore and the only one that still does (Saudi riyal) has been in a fixed exchange rate with the United States since 1986.

You don't get less pounds per dollar. You get less dollars per pound, which means, by definition, you get more pounds per dollar.

As I said you don't know jack shit.

In 2008 you were able to exchange 1 dollar and get a little bit over 2 British sterling pounds
In 2012 You can exchange 1 dollar and just a little bit over 1 British sterling pound meaning in 2012 you get less for the dollar.

icon14.gif

I bet you would get less now.

Three of those four currencies don't exist anymore and the only one that still does (Saudi riyal) has been in a fixed exchange rate with the United States since 1986.

It does not matter if you can't get those currency now.

As I said you don't know jack shit.

In 2008 you were able to exchange 1 dollar and get a little bit over 2 British sterling pounds
In 2012 You can exchange 1 dollar and just a little bit over 1 British sterling pound meaning in 2012 you get less for the dollar.

Except that's not what happened. In 2008, you were able to get a little over 2 dollars for a pound, and now you only get around 1.5 dollars per pound.

For dollars to pounds,

US Dollar: CURRENCY:USD quotes & news - Google Finance

On February 29, 2008, 1 dollar would buy .5029 pounds. At close today, 1 dollar will buy 0.6301 pounds.

Forum List

Back