🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gasoline to rise 0.50 cent p/gal monday, nationwide more increases to follow quickly

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
GASOLINE TO RISE $0.50 CENTS P/GAL. MONDAY, NATIONWIDE - MORE INCREASES TO FOLLOW QUICKLY

Gas-up your cars and trucks right now -- today -- (Sunday August 27) because gasoline prices are set to increase by FIFTY CENTS PER GALLON (Minimum) tomorrow, nationwide. This is because Hurricane Harvey has taken 17% of US Oil production offline, and 83% of US Oil REFINERIES offline. So even though there's plenty of actual oil onshore, there's very limited ability to REFINE IT into gasoline.

-----------------------------------------------
Oh it's just a conspiracy never mind the truth of the matter, one can stay safe in their denial room and let it all pass them right by.

i am not so much worried about prices...supply is more a concern in the nc mountains we are last in line for delivery...normally we can head over to tn which is supplied by a different gas line...this is going to hit both texas and la gas lines....i would say we will be low on gas rather quick.... DOTR what do you think?

Damn, i should have filled up today. I bet prices will start jumping tomorrow morning.

This what happens when you elect a president who doesn't believe in global warming. ...... :cool:

I dont remember which particular dumbass lib I warned about this while he/she bashed Texas and was gleefully cheering on hurricane Harvey.....but you know who you are.

Just from a national civil defense perspective this makes no sense to have that much refining in such a small area.......1 large nuke on houston and our armies and Air forces are useless

Just from a national civil defense perspective this makes no sense to have that much refining in such a small area.......1 large nuke on houston and our armies and Air forces are useless

Every time they try to build a refinery somewhere else the tree huggers protest and stop it. NIMBY at work.

Every time they try to build a refinery somewhere else the tree huggers protest and stop it. NIMBY at work.

Yep....kinda like Ed Kennedy.
Fucken hypocrite that he is.....
Kennedy tries to halt windmills
One of few decent things he did for a wrong reason

Could you imagine the impact gas prices would have on the economy if they suddenly went up not by 50 cents but by $2.00??
Wait a minute. They did! Obama drove them up by $2 -- on purpose -- and they stayed up there for six years.
Hey, maybe that's why the economy sucked while he was President.
Duh.

No choice really. Refineries are here because this is the best place for them. Some reasons are historical. Some political and economic. But mostly nature says they go here. The Gulf. Fresh water. Mild climate.

GASOLINE TO RISE $0.50 CENTS P/GAL. MONDAY, NATIONWIDE - MORE INCREASES TO FOLLOW QUICKLY

Gas-up your cars and trucks right now -- today -- (Sunday August 27) because gasoline prices are set to increase by FIFTY CENTS PER GALLON (Minimum) tomorrow, nationwide. This is because Hurricane Harvey has taken 17% of US Oil production offline, and 83% of US Oil REFINERIES offline. So even though there's plenty of actual oil onshore, there's very limited ability to REFINE IT into gasoline.

-----------------------------------------------
Oh it's just a conspiracy never mind the truth of the matter, one can stay safe in their denial room and let it all pass them right by.
Thanks Trump!

Could you imagine the impact gas prices would have on the economy if they suddenly went up not by 50 cents but by $2.00??
Wait a minute. They did! Obama drove them up by $2 -- on purpose -- and they stayed up there for six years.
Hey, maybe that's why the economy sucked while he was President.
Duh.
Yeah that $4-$5 dollar a gallon of gas was during Boosh! But you forgot that..When Boosh became president gas was %under two dollars a gallon..But not in 2007-8....It was double and more in some places..But you forgot that, huh?

No choice really. Refineries are here because this is the best place for them. Some reasons are historical. Some political and economic. But mostly nature says they go here. The Gulf. Fresh water. Mild climate.
Not so mild now, is it?

i am not so much worried about prices...supply is more a concern in the nc mountains we are last in line for delivery...normally we can head over to tn which is supplied by a different gas line...this is going to hit both texas and la gas lines....i would say we will be low on gas rather quick.... DOTR what do you think?

I don't know. I suspect quick spike upwards the fairly rapid decline. The plants that I am familiar shut down in an orderly fashion. Big plus. If electricity is available they should come back up smoothly. Crack spread will be huge so everyone will ramp up distillates fast. No problem with oil supply. The bottleneck will be gasoline.
On the plus side gasoline inventories were already a little high.
But again let's see what the electric situation is. With power right back up to full throttle. If power is a problem the flooding gets out of hand and destroys electric pumps in addition to simply not being there to start up.
And those pipelines run on electricity including those two to the east.
We lost communications with mont belvieu earlier today. Hoping it's just comm and not flooded caverns.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back