Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

Marriage is, quite clearly, a fundamental civil right. That has been well established by the Supreme Court on more than one occasion. What is the compelling state reason to deny gay and lesbian couples this fundamental civil right? Where is the overriding harm (that will stand up in court)?

They aren't denied it, any more than single people are denied it. When they choose to participate, they can reap the benefits.

Do you know how tired and old that argument is? It goes back to the 60s when interracial marriage was the "issue du jour". It was argued that interracial marriage bans didn't discriminate because blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. That failed too...

Marriage is, quite clearly, a fundamental civil right. That has been well established by the Supreme Court on more than one occasion. What is the compelling state reason to deny gay and lesbian couples this fundamental civil right? Where is the overriding harm (that will stand up in court)?

They aren't denied it, any more than single people are denied it. When they choose to participate, they can reap the benefits.

Do you know how tired and old that argument is? It goes back to the 60s when interracial marriage was the "issue du jour". It was argued that interracial marriage bans didn't discriminate because blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. That failed too...

Speaking of Tired and Dishonest...

A Black Man and a White Woman can Reflect Marriage and ProCreate.

Homosexuals can NOT... Ever.

The Possibility only lies with Heteroseuxal Coupling... Ever.

Stop Molesting an Honest Civil Rights Struggle and Stand on your own for once. :thup:

:)

peace...

Sometimes it puzzles me how people such as Allie can lightly talk of marrying those we are not attracted to. It makes me wonder about how that solution may have worked for them.

So are you saying people are prevented from getting married to the opposite sex because they're gay?

Because you know that's a lie. Which sort of takes the wind out of your false argument that gays are being denied anything.

Or are you saying that we are constitutionally guaranteed the right to marry anybody we want? Because of course that's also a lie.

I guess you're the ones lying here, but everybody already knows that. Just because you encourage each other to do it doesn't make you any more truthful.

Last edited:

Sometimes it puzzles me how people such as Allie can lightly talk of marrying those we are not attracted to. It makes me wonder about how that solution may have worked for them.

The thing is tho, if I may add one thing, when gay people marry heterosexually, that almost never works out in the end. There comes a time when they can no longer live a lie. And if there are children involved....it is crushing for the straight spouse and the children. I've seen this a few times. They look back and agree that living the lie was NOT the thing to do....just to keep a homophobic society happy.

So are you saying people are prevented from getting married to the opposite sex because they're gay?

Because you know that's a lie. Which sort of takes the wind out of your false argument that gays are being denied anything.

Or are you saying that we are constitutionally guaranteed the right to marry anybody we want? Because of course that's also a lie.

I guess you're the ones lying here, but everybody already knows that. Just because you encourage each other to do it doesn't make you any more truthful.

Of course they are not prevented....but you apparently think that living a lie and marrying someone you are not attracted to is an OK thing. What is it about your own experiences that lead you to believe it is acceptable?

When homos marry each other, it almost never works out in the end, either.

Sounds like it's just a gay thing. Meh.

Of course they are not prevented....but you apparently think that living a lie and marrying someone you are not attracted to is an OK thing. What is it about your own experiences that lead you to believe it is acceptable?

No, I don't think anyone should get married if they don't want to. Your choice, you live with it.

I just don't think it's the government's responsibility to pretend you're doing something you aren't, just because you don't like the choice you have made.

When homos marry each other, it almost never works out in the end, either.
Sounds like it's just a gay thing. Meh.

1. Where is your evidence of that?

2. Since legalized gay marriage is a fairly new thing, how would you even know?

3. 50% success rate for hetero on hetero marriage isn't all that great a comparison now, is it?

No, I don't think anyone should get married if they don't want to. Your choice, you live with it.

I just don't think it's the government's responsibility to pretend you're doing something you aren't, just because you don't like the choice you have made.

So tell us again....what are the valid reasons for denying civil marriage to law-abiding, tax-paying consenting adult citizens because of their gender?

So tell us again....what are the valid reasons for denying civil marriage to law-abiding, tax-paying consenting adult citizens because of their gender?

^Pro Siblings Marrying. :thup:

:)

peace...

The same reason we deny civil marriage to single people because they're single, or parent/child couples because they're too closely related, or people and their cars...

Marriage to anyone you want to marry isn't a constitutional right.

If you want to get married, you marry a person of the opposite sex who isn't closely related and who isn't already married. That's what marriage is.

If you want something else, go for it. But we aren't obligated to pretend you're married when you aren't.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

The same reason we deny civil marriage to single people because they're single, or parent/child couples because they're too closely related, or people and their cars...

Really? And those reasons would be.....? (BTW...sorry to see that you cannot tell the difference between a person marrying themself, a person marrying a child who cannot legally consent, and a person marrying their car that cannot legally consent......were you born that dense or did some disease or accident take away your mental capacity to discern obvious differences?)

Marriage to anyone you want to marry isn't a constitutional right.

Correct. But the government must have valid legal reasons for denying equal rights to law-abiding, tax-paying, consenting adult citizens.

Citizens A & B are allowed civil marriage.

Citizens A & C are NOT allowed civil marriage.

Why not? Give us valid legal reasons.

If you want to get married, you marry a person of the opposite sex who isn't closely related and who isn't already married. That's what marriage is.

Ah...so, to you, marriage is marrying someone you are NOT attracted to. Gotcha. Are you planning on enforcing your "Marry people you are not attracted to" requirements on all law-abiding, tax-paying consenting adult citizens? Did it work for you? Or are you pointing out WHY we have such a high divorce rate?

If you want something else, go for it. But we aren't obligated to pretend you're married when you aren't.

Actually, I AM married. Legally too. Just waiting for the sands of time to blow away the bigots like yourself.

The thing is tho, if I may add one thing, when gay people marry heterosexually, that almost never works out in the end. There comes a time when they can no longer live a lie. And if there are children involved....it is crushing for the straight spouse and the children. I've seen this a few times. They look back and agree that living the lie was NOT the thing to do....just to keep a homophobic society happy.

Oh, but there are success stories too. Just look at Michelle Bachman.

Homos are not denied the right to marry any more than a mother and son are. But there are limits-which may or may not be Consitutional, to say nothing of moral-on the relationships that qualify for marriage. Get your arguments straight, poofter.

Oh, but there are success stories too. Just look at Michelle Bachman.

That story's not over yet. I bet her husband has some anti-gay mantra he says over and over again too whenever he is struggling with his true nature.

Homos are not denied the right to marry any more than a mother and son are. But there are limits-which may or may not be Consitutional, to say nothing of moral-on the relationships that qualify for marriage. Get your arguments straight, poofter.

And those limits are? (Keep in mind, those "limits" must be compelling enough for government to withhold civil marriage and its benefits, rights, etc. from ONE group of law-abiding, tax-paying, consenting adult citizens, while giving civil marriage and its benefits, rights, etc. to ANOTHER group of law-abiding, tax-paying, consenting adult citizens.)

Forum List

Back