Gay Cowboy Loses Everything When His Partner Dies

mom4 said:
You seem very mature, and have excellent grammar, I must say! ;)
Thank you very much! I plan on double majoring in Theater and English, so I try my best! ^.^

Kagom said:
Good for you for being normal. Do you want a medal? No? Perhaps you'd love a lollipop. Bugger off. I'm normal just like you, whether you want to believe it or not.

I said it to illustrate a point. You're the one flying off his rocker, old man.

It's beautiful to me. Why? Because it's an expression of love. I don't very much believe in YOUR devil, sir. I have no reason to. I think he's overexaggerated.

Oh whoop-de-doo! I was actually here in 2003 and just had my account deleted. I haven't visited the board in over 2 years.

I know it's a majority conservative board. I said what I said as a RETORT. Understand me? R-E-T-O-R-T. Definition of retort: Function: verb
Etymology: Latin retortus, past participle of retorquEre, literally, to twist back, hurl back, from re- + torquEre to twist -- more at TORTURE
transitive senses
1 : to pay or hurl back : RETURN <retort an insult>
2 a : to make a reply to b : to say in reply
3 : to answer (as an argument) by a counter argument
intransitive senses
1 : to answer back usually sharply
2 : to return an argument or charge
3 : RETALIATE

Well... I see you're finally loosing your composure. We're getting to ya aye?

You're a sick little pervert fuck, and most of the people here think so. Once again, YOU are the minority. YOU... the SICK one. The FAGGOT.

Hey.... I have a website for ya... www.ihaveshitonmydick.com

Or.... www.imanastylittlefaggot.com :finger3:

Just as some people are born with six fingers, or a cleft palate, or autistic, or like twins with their skulls growing together, nature can make mistakes. But all are birth defects, and most born with a defect seek help to remedy their affliction. Queers using the "born this way" excuse are doing nothing more than ignoring the fact that they were born with a mental illness. They are making a conscious decision to act out the perversion instead of seeking help. Same thing with pedophiles, bestiality, necrophilia, rapists, murderers, or the little boy that decides to steal a pack of gum down at the corner store, kleptomania. Being sexually attracted to the opposite sex is a defect in the cognitive mental process, and one should be treated for it, not told that it's something cute, an alternative, or acceptable as behavior. Anyone who condones this behavior is NOT doing homosexuals or lesbians any good at all. They are only contributing to their illness.

Kagom said:
I've tried to use neutral sources and APA. If something's biased, point it out and I'll apologize and go search for a neutral source because that is only fair. The only times I use a biased source is to be a prick in retaliation to a biased source posted.

Gay people are not made on an average basis (my beliefs of Natural and Social Homosexuality). Murderers are usually made on a fairly regular basis and very few are just messed up to the point of being murderers. One is more of a choice than the other.

I don't see it. Your actions ar based on a conscious choice.

The point is reference-wise, there are as many references that make the claim homosexuality is a choice as there are that it is genetic. There is no proof for either. The topic is a matter of opinion based on logic and common sense.

Your choice is illogical.

Pale Rider said:
Well... I see you're finally loosing your composure. We're getting to ya aye?

You're a sick little pervert fuck, and most of the people here think so. Once again, YOU are the minority. YOU... the SICK one. The FAGGOT.

Hey.... I have a website for ya... www.ihaveshitonmydick.com

Or.... www.imanastylittlefaggot.com :finger3:
You'd like it if I lost my cool and composure, wouldn't you? I'm not so easily broken, my good sir.

By the way, what good Christian curses and says such obscenities to people? I think that would make Christ wince and go "Why did I do it?" That's my opinion, though. I would've expected more out of someone who's a self-proclaimed Christian.

GunnyL said:
I don't see it. Your actions ar based on a conscious choice.

The point is reference-wise, there are as many references that make the claim homosexuality is a choice as there are that it is genetic. There is no proof for either. The topic is a matter of opinion based on logic and common sense.

Your choice is illogical.
My actions are choice, my attractions aren't.

I'll concede to that. THere are hundreds of references to both it being a choice and being genetic. It is based on opinion, but when I see science and psychological articles showing studies being done that seem to be hinting away from choice, it makes me smile.

I feel my choice is logical, but that's my opinion, isn't it?

Pale Rider said:
Just as some people are born with six fingers, or a cleft palate, or autistic, or like twins with their skulls growing together, nature can make mistakes. But all are birth defects, and most born with a defect seek help to remedy their affliction. Queers using the "born this way" excuse are doing nothing more than ignoring the fact that they were born with a mental illness. They are making a conscious decision to act out the perversion instead of seeking help. Same thing with pedophiles, bestiality, necrophilia, rapists, murderers, or the little boy that decides to steal a pack of gum down at the corner store, kleptomania. Being sexually attracted to the opposite sex is a defect in the cognitive mental process, and one should be treated for it, not told that it's something cute, an alternative, or acceptable as behavior. Anyone who condones this behavior is NOT doing homosexuals or lesbians any good at all. They are only contributing to their illness.
Uh...you mean the same sex, don't you?

Actually, a lot of this that you've mentioned are typically choices made, though some people are naturally sexually attracted to animals for whatever reason (don't you freak out on me. I'm not saying it's okay). Pedophiles typically believe that what they are doing is okay, though they don't understand they're hurting the child. Some are aware and don't care.

Kagom said:
You'd like it if I lost my cool and composure, wouldn't you? I'm not so easily broken, my good sir.

By the way, what good Christian curses and says such obscenities to people? I think that would make Christ wince and go "Why did I do it?" That's my opinion, though. I would've expected more out of someone who's a self-proclaimed Christian.

Aaaaahhh... you were getting a little sassy there skippy. You DID lose it.

And please point out where I said I was a "good" Christian. I don't think I did. However, I am a Christian. I believe in Christ the Lord and that he lives. I have been reborn in his name and pray. Yeah I'm a sinner, but I'm still going to heaven. You are not. You will surely burn in hell for the perverted, sick sex you endulge in with men.

Take a powder punk.

Pale Rider said:
Aaaaahhh... you were getting a little sassy there skippy. You DID lose it.

And please point out where I said I was a "good" Christian. I don't think I did. However, I am a Christian. I believe in Christ the Lord and that he lives. I have been reborn in his name and pray. Yeah I'm a sinner, but I'm still going to heaven. You are not. You will surely burn in hell for the perverted, sick sex you endulge in with men.

Take a powder punk.
My getting sassy is apart of my composure. I haven't lost it, trust me on that.

Well, I thought you had said you were. My mistake. But it still doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk at all.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Do you forget what Christ said or do you just decide "Christ said it for most of the people, but there are exceptions that I can say go to hell!"? Because I firmly recall God saying that only He could judge.

Kagom said:

Well, I thought you had said you were. My mistake. But it still doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk at all.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Do you forget what Christ said or do you just decide "Christ said it for most of the people, but there are exceptions that I can say go to hell!"? Because I firmly recall God saying that only He could judge.
Yeah, so what, here on USMB it's different. (If ya haven't noticed, THUMPERS outnumber the "Real" Christians 2:1) ;)

Kagom said:

You are taking that judge comment out of context, and w/o much understanding.

Nobody can judge if you are coing to hell...but the bible is pretty clear about homosexuality being a sinful condition. As long as you embrace your sin, you're trapped in it. That's not judgemental - that's reading what God thinks on the subject, and telling you.

dmp said:

Nobody can judge if you are coing to hell...but the bible is pretty clear about homosexuality being a sinful condition. As long as you embrace your sin, you're trapped in it. That's not judgemental - that's reading what God thinks on the subject, and telling you.
But that's exactly what Pale did:
Pale said:
...You will surely burn in hell...
That's different than saying "God says homosexuality is a sin, and if you don't repent, you'll go to hell."

The ClayTaurus said:
But that's exactly what Pale did:

That's different than saying "God says homosexuality is a sin, and if you don't repent, you'll go to hell."

I'm not him.

(shrug)

More on "judging"

http://www.biblegateway.com/resourc...getCommentaryText&cid=1&source=1&seq=i.47.7.2
Do Not Judge Others

Jesus declares that the person judging will be judged (v. 1) because judging assumes a divine prerogative; final judgment belongs to God alone, and those who seek to judge others now will answer then for usurping God's position (see also 6:12-15).

God Will Judge Us the Way We Judge Others (7:1-2)

By this point in the sermon, no one who has been taking Jesus' words seriously will feel much like judging anyone else anyway. Still, we humans tend to prefer applying ethics to other people rather than ourselves. (For example, husbands tend to prefer quoting Paul's instructions on marriage to their wives rather than his admonitions to them, and vice-versa. Likewise, I have sometimes listened to a sermon thinking, I wish so-and-so had shown up for church today.) So just in case we have been too obtuse to grasp that Jesus addresses us rather than others in 5:3-6:34, Jesus renders the point explicit in 7:1-5. We are objects of God's evaluation, and God evaluates most graciously the meek, who recognize God alone as judge.

Even if we knew people's hearts, we could not evaluate degrees of personal guilt as if we understood all the genetic and social influences that combine with personal sinful choices in making some people more vulnerable to particular temptations (such as alcohol or spouse abuse) than others. Most important, Jesus warns us that even if we knew people's hearts, we would be in no position to judge unless we had lived sinless lives, never needing God's forgiveness (vv. 3-5; compare 6:12, 14-15).

Many people have ripped this passage out of context, however. Jesus warns us not to assume God's prerogative to condemn the guilty; he is not warning us not to discern truth from error (see 7:15-23). Further, Jesus does not oppose offering correction, but only offering correction in the wrong spirit (v. 5; compare 18:15-17; Gal 6:1-5).

Having right beliefs about judging is not enough. Although Jesus regards scribal and Pharisaic righteousness as inadequate (Mt 5:20), it is not because scribes and Pharisees professed the wrong doctrine on this issue. Most of the sages would have probably agreed with his basic perspective here (compare, for example, Sirach 28:1-3; m. 'Abot 2:5), and even the particular image of measuring back what one measures out (Mt 7:2-as in "what goes around comes around") was proverbial wisdom. Jesus' contemporaries often affirmed his principle and even used the same illustration, but Jesus demands more than agreement from disciples: he demands obedience (vv. 24-27).

We Blind Ourselves When We Rationalize Away Our Guilt (7:3-5)

We rationalize away our guilt but not that of others, and our double standard itself renders our own behavior inexcusable (compare 6:22-23; Rom 2:1-3). A splinter or wood chip in a neighbor's eye might render that person blind, but a plank embedded in one's own eye would certainly render one blind. The image is graphic hyperbole: imagine a zealous Christian walking around with a log protruding from his eye (as if one end of it would even fit!), totally ignorant of his impossibly grotesque state. Just as we would not want a blind guide leading us into a pit (Mt 15:14; 23:16), we would not want a blind surgeon operating on our eyes; only one who sees well is competent to heal others' blindness (compare 9:27-31; 20:29-34).

At a Bible study Joe Bayly once met a former Nazi, a participant in the Holocaust, who complained that had missed a promotion in the army because he objected to social dancing. Bayly remarked tongue in cheek that "Christians were the same everywhere-they weren't afraid to speak out, even against Hitler, when it came to social dancing." Likewise, some conservative Christians who are quick to judge those who do not uphold the Bible's authority have spent little time in personal study of the Bible themselves. If Jesus minced no words with those blinded by religious tradition in his day, we who claim devotion to his cause must beware lest we share more in common with them than with him.

Even When You Are Right, Do Not Impose the Truth on Others (7:6)

This saying seems to make little sense in this context; hence varied interpretations of verse 6 abound. Some think that dogs here are the Gentiles (15:26) and the pearls the gospel of the kingdom (13:45). But Jewish teachers used dogs to represent different things (not just Gentiles) in their parables, and even in 15:26 "dogs" is not wholly negative as it is here (see comment there). Other attempts to narrow the saying's object to prohibiting sinners from the Eucharist (as in Did. 9:5) also go beyond the evidence.

In its most general sense 7:6 was probably simply a wisdom saying like Proverbs 23:9: "Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words" (compare also Syr. Men. Sent. 328-32). Dogs may refer to the wicked or oppressors more generally (compare Ps 22:16, 20; 59:14-15; Prov 26:11). It was also commonly known that stray scavenger dogs-the main kind encountered in the towns of Jewish Palestine-growled at those feeding them as much as at passing strangers (Isoc. Demon. 29, Or. 1). Clearly these are people who do not value what we have to offer them; swine also proverbially lacked appreciation of value (Prov 11:22).

But why did Matthew include this saying here? Some connect the saying to the preceding context by suggesting that it means it is worthless to try to correct (7:1-5) one unwilling to listen. Others note that while we should not judge, some people should be avoided or we must exercise discernment. Yet taken by themselves, none of these suggestions explain the lack of disjunction in verse 6.

Most likely verse 6 provides a transition between the preceding and following contexts. Correcting those who will not receive correction is futile (vv. 1-5; Prov 9:8; 23:9); we should discerningly continue to offer wisdom (or the gift of the kingdom) only to those willing to receive what we offer, just as God does (Mt 7:7-11). In this case the text sounds a note of reciprocity to be repeated in verse 12 (Keener 1993:64). If verse 6 means something along these lines, it does not allow us to prejudge who may receive our message (13:3-23), but does forbid us to try to force it on those who show no inclination to accept it (10:13-16; compare Carson 1984:185; Blomberg 1992:128-29; Hagner 1993:172).

dmp said:

DMP: I have read a lot of the Bible. I did most of it when I was younger (about 13 and 14 when I found "Found God"). I recall my quote being in context. I'm sorry that I was wrong.

But I don't believe in the Christian Hell, therefore I am apt to say I won't be going to it.

Kagom said:
DMP: I have read a lot of the Bible. I did most of it when I was younger (about 13 and 14 when I found "Found God"). I recall my quote being in context. I'm sorry that I was wrong.

But I don't believe in the Christian Hell, therefore I am apt to say I won't be going to it.

Are you listening to yourself? You don't believe in it, therefore you won't go there? heh. Whether or not Hell exists is not dependant upon your belief.

:)

dmp said:
Are you listening to yourself? You don't believe in it, therefore you won't go there? heh. Whether or not Hell exists is not dependant upon your belief.

:)
It could be; talk about a philosophical quandry. It'd be interesting if hell only existed for those who believe in it; too bad no one will really know until it's too late...

DMP: I'm sort of saying that, but I just don't believe the Christian hell exists and that's why I won't go there.

Kagom said:
DMP: I'm sort of saying that, but I just don't believe the Christian hell exists and that's why I won't go there.

what if you are wrong?

Forum List

Back