Gay hair stylist refuses to serve governor

I think it's time to declare 'open season' on all Queers.

And see, right there is where this thing is heating up to come to. You can only hog tie reasonable people who tolerate quite a lot actually from the church of LGBT before they blow a cork and this stuff starts happening.

That's why I said that the Supreme Court shirked its obligation to spell out what Windsor means exactly and instead throw its interpretation out to the general public to duke it out in the streets. Because they are and they will and this isn't going to go away until SCOTUS takes a minute to explain to everyone what they meant when they said in Windsor that states have the "unquestioned authority" to say via a broad consensus, "yes" or "no" to gay marriage.

When everyone understands that and Utah's sovereignty to govern behaviors that may and may not marry is restored, and all the other states it was forcibly taken away from by judicial or legislative fiat are restored as well, then all these laws governing who may or may not refuse to make gay wedding cakes is moot. If gay weddings are illegal in Arizona, California, Utah, Nevada, Kansas, Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky etc. etc., then nobody will be able to sue anyone for refusing to make a "gay wedding" cake.

I think it's time to declare 'open season' on all Queers.

[MENTION=27234]natstew[/MENTION]

I think it's time you step in front of a bus.

Go wipe the dribble from your chin...boy

The governor should file a lawsuit against the little whiny bigot for refusing to cut her hair.

Of course she won't, she has too much class (unlike the other side) and will simply go elsewhere.

Stylist Won't Cut Governor's Hair Over Gay Marriage Stance

Stylist Won't Cut Governor's Hair Over Gay Marriage Stance

So, you can't refuse to provide a wedding cake for a homosexual couple based on your religion, but Muslims can refuse to transport alcohol for their bosses based on their religion (Obama Sues Trucking Company For Requiring Muslim Drivers to Deliver Alcohol | Conservative Infidel Conservative Infidel) and homosexuals can refuse to cut hair of people who aren't homosexuals based simply on the fact they disagree?

And Atheists can sue to remove a cross from public property that violates their Constitutional beliefs in "separation of church and state".

But Constitutionalists can't remove individual mandates from public law that violate
Constitutional beliefs in state rights and people's liberty in health care as a choice.

Why are the atheists' beliefs in Constitutional freedom and protections defended by law
but not others? Puzzling, very curious how this works. And where this line of thinking leads.

Is it because people assume the class of Christians or anti-gay/anti-gay marriage are the "dominant" group,
that only the minority can be the oppressed party discriminated against? the 1-3% homosexual minority,
or the lone atheist who is beseiged by the majority of the public being accepting and tolerant of Christian symbols?

So "it's okay" to infringe on groups that are big enough they can take the hit;
and only wrong to discriminate against helpless minorities seen as the victim?

Is that the rule of the game?

If you're Christian, conservative or Constitutionalist, you can't be victimized or discriminated against
because you have more power and advantage over others anyway? Is that what people are thinking?

It's simpler than that.

The new norm is that the small minority cries "unfair!" and does not have to acclimate to the majority, instead they force the majority to change so it suits the minority.

If the majority cries "unfair!", the minority calls them homophobes or racist and continues to force them to change.

See, it's all fair ... just fairer for some more so than others.

Some of them indeed are like that, Zoom, as are some of the majority.

Yes, the stylist could be sued by the Gov, but that won't happen, I believe.

IF she is breaking any of the state's equal access laws, yes the Governor has the right to sue. Pretty clear.

She is a bigot? Right?

Sounds to me that she is angry with one person, a politician, because of her political stance on an issue that concerns the hairdresser. Does that make her a bigot?

No.

Once again conservatives exhibit their ignorance of the law.

The hair dresser is refusing to accommodate the governor because of her political beliefs, having nothing to do with the criteria addressed by New Mexico public accommodations law:

...refuse to sell, rent, assign, lease or sublease or offer for sale, rental, lease, assignment or sublease any housing accommodation or real property to any person or to refuse to negotiate for the sale, rental, lease, assignment or sublease of any housing accommodation or real property to any person because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, spousal affiliation or physical or mental handicap, provided that the physical or mental handicap is unrelated to a person's ability to acquire or rent and maintain particular real property or housing accommodation...

Section 28-1-7 ? Unlawful discriminatory practice. :: Article 1 ? Human Rights, 28-1-1 through 28-1-15. :: Chapter 28 ? Human Rights. :: 2006 New Mexico Statutes :: New Mexico Statutes :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Consequently, the governor has no grounds to ‘sue,’ the hair dresser is not a ‘bigot,’ and the OP has succeeded in only exhibiting himself to be an ignorant partisan hack.

The governor's stance on the rights of gay people is a choice. The couple who wanted a cake did not choose to be gay. The difference is very clear to a thinking person.

Nutters love choice so much, they tell gay people that their lifestyle is a choice.

They did CHOOSE however to be married, and they could have CHOSE to take their business elsewhere, instead they CHOSE to force themselves on to someone who did not want their business.

More ignorant nonsense.

Colorado public accommodations laws prohibits discriminating against same-sex couples, the baker who refused to accommodate the same-sex couple was in violation of Colorado law, and lost the case accordingly and appropriately:

Colorado Law prohibits discrimination in places of public accommodation based on certain protected classes (characteristics). Examples of prohibited discriminatory practices include: terms of service; denial of full and equal service; intimidation; failure to accommodate; access; conditions; privileges; advertising; and retaliation. A place of public accommodation can be a: bar; restaurant; financial institution; school or educational institution; health club; theater; hospital; museum or zoo; hotel or motel; public club; retail store; medical clinic; public transportation; nursing home; recreational facility or park; and library.

Colorado law prohibits discrimination in places of public accommodation based on actual or perceived sexual orientation. By legal definition, sexual orientation means heterosexuality, homosexuality (lesbian or gay), bisexuality, and transgender status. Transgender status means a gender indentity or gender expression that differs from societal expectations based on gender assigned at birth.

DORA Division of Civil Rights - Public Accommodations Discrimination
No one was ‘forcing’ anything on anyone, it’s idiocy to argue otherwise. Public accommodations laws are both proper and Constitutional. And one cannot violate a proper, Constitutional law and claim religious dogma as a ‘defense’ (Employment Division v. Smith (1990)).

She is a bigot? Right?

Sounds to me that she is angry with one person, a politician, because of her political stance on an issue that concerns the hairdresser. Does that make her a bigot?

No.

Once again conservatives exhibit their ignorance of the law.

The hair dresser is refusing to accommodate the governor because of her political beliefs, having nothing to do with the criteria addressed by New Mexico public accommodations law:

...refuse to sell, rent, assign, lease or sublease or offer for sale, rental, lease, assignment or sublease any housing accommodation or real property to any person or to refuse to negotiate for the sale, rental, lease, assignment or sublease of any housing accommodation or real property to any person because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, spousal affiliation or physical or mental handicap, provided that the physical or mental handicap is unrelated to a person's ability to acquire or rent and maintain particular real property or housing accommodation...

Section 28-1-7 ? Unlawful discriminatory practice. :: Article 1 ? Human Rights, 28-1-1 through 28-1-15. :: Chapter 28 ? Human Rights. :: 2006 New Mexico Statutes :: New Mexico Statutes :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Consequently, the governor has no grounds to ‘sue,’ the hair dresser is not a ‘bigot,’ and the OP has succeeded in only exhibiting himself to be an ignorant partisan hack.

The hair dresser is indeed a bigot, since obviously the governor is against gay marriage based on religious beliefs.

As far as any laws being broken, I was mainly being sarcastic by suggesting the governor throw a tantrum and file a lawsuit like you whiney bastards would do.

And by the way, I'll remind you that it was just a short time ago your president was against gay marriage.
How come you guys weren't out calling him a bigot during those years ? Would this hair dresser refused to cut the presidents hair then ?
Fucking hypocrites.

Last edited:

Damn bigoted hairdressers! They're all the same!

Misogynist!

RACIST! WHAT A RACIST!

Come on PC Police, are ya WITH ME?

AUUGGGHHHH!

AUUGGGHHHH!

:rock:

hair-on-fire.jpg

Last edited:
So...disagreeing with a politician makes one a bigot.....lot of bigots out there.....

Since the governor is Hispanic, looks to me like that automatically makes the hairdresser a bigot for refusing to serve her.

You reap what you sow toots.

Here's the awful hate speech by the governor.
She should be arrested and thrown in the gulag for thinking this way !!!!

“I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. That is my belief, my background, my religious background, and that is where I continue to stand.”

So...disagreeing with a politician makes one a bigot.....lot of bigots out there.....

Since the governor is Hispanic, looks to me like that automatically makes the hairdresser a bigot for refusing to serve her.

So...anyone who disagrees with a minority politician is a bigot.....fascinating factoid there. :D

Here's the awful hate speech by the governor.
She should be arrested and thrown in the gulag for thinking this way !!!!

“I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. That is my belief, my background, my religious background, and that is where I continue to stand.”

Because...A hairdresser not wanting to have you as a customer is .... just ... like ... that. :D

But you CAN decide what "services or activities" you offer to cover

Indeed, but you cannot refuse to serve those in violation of public access laws who wish to purchase them

A provider cannot CHOOSE who to serve or not serve according to public access laws.

"Public access laws" have no relevance here. Those are for public services such as schools. EEOC has no relevance either since nobody's applying for a job. That's an even stranger argument. Nor do you have to serve the WBC if they sit down in your restaurant if you don't want to.

A private business can serve or not serve whoever it wants. To suggest they're obliged by law to serve everybody is absurd.

And by this ‘logic’ you and others on the right who disagree with Obama are ‘automatically’ racists.

And by this ‘logic’ you and others on the right who disagree with Obama are ‘automatically’ racists.

That's what you're side has been telling us ever since Obama moved in the White House, so yeah this hairdresser based on your sides accusations, must be a bigot.

Oh, and he also hates Christians too.

Forum List

Back