Gay Marriage is a Lie: Honest or Disagree?

Gay Marriage Is A Lie: Lesbian Masha Gessen And Glenn Beck Agree

I ran into a disagreement with someone over Masha Gessen's statement
that Gay Marriage is a Lie. I thought she was being honest.

I believe that the religious and spiritual beliefs about marriage should remain private or through the church, and the state/govt should only handle civil contracts by consensus without any religious bias either way. So that part of marriage doesn't belong under govt jurisdiction.

What do you think?

Gay Marriage is a Lie: Destruction of Marriage, Masha Gessen - YouTube

Here's the deal. Government is overstepping its bounds on dozens of different issues. They are sticking their nose where they have no right or authority and making legislation that never should be made. the problem is we the people are fighting them in little groups based on our own individual concerns rather than fighting them collectively as we the people. Demanding they do not overstep their authority.

Some people get confused, see. They think this is about whether or not a gay marriage is recognized by the Almighty in Heaven.

You can have fun with that, but you would be way off the track.

It isn't about that at all.

It is about recognizing gay marriages on Earth and whether they should receive the government (not heavenly) bounty that was demanded, and established by law, for every other State recognized marriage.

I gave you my answer. At a population of about 360,000,000 people in the United States and using a conservative 5% figure that means there are potentially 18,000,000 homosexuals in this country.

For some it's absolutely about equal treatment under the law, for others it can be about "social validation". For me, it's about the reason I cited.

You made a claim that is untrue, now you are diverting and and trying to make it about me instead of showing how all those things can be done for the same $50 cost of a Civil Marriage license (and some or all of the items I listed can be recreated at all)

You've had your answer, it's not my problem that you don't like it.

>>>>

It's more like 1%-3% at the most.

It doesn't make any difference, they are Americans entitled to their civil rights.

no one has taken issue with that. they can get all of those rights without the word 'marriage'

Major Metropolitan Areas by Total Population:
Rank City GLB GLB%
1 New York City – Northern New Jersey – Long Island, NY 568,903 2.6%
2 Los Angeles – Long Beach, CA – Santa Ana, CA 442,211 2.7%
3 Chicago–Naperville–Joliet, IL 288,478 3.1%
4 San Francisco – Oakland – Fremont, CA 256,313 3.6%
5 Boston – Cambridge, MA – Quincy, MA 201,344 3.4%
6 Washington, D.C. 191,959 2.5%
7 Dallas – Fort Worth – Arlington, TX 183,718 3.5%
8 Miami – Miami Beach – Fort Lauderdale 183,346 4.7%
9 Atlanta – Marietta, GA – Sandy Springs, GA 180,168 4.3%
10 Philadelphia – Camden, NJ – Wilmington, DE 179,459 2.8%
Demographics of sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2.5% is probably a pretty good number nationally.

And on a personal note, and this is so great, I've always hated Bripat's avatar, so I ad-blocked and it went away. Much better.

Gays tend to congregate in major cities, so the average for the entire country is considerably less. More like 2%, at the most.
Those are the top ten cities by population, so the numbers will be higher than average. I have no issues going with 2%. Sounds about right.

Now if there were only more bisexual college girls on You Tube. We should work on that.

Some people get confused, see. They think this is about whether or not a gay marriage is recognized by the Almighty in Heaven.

You can have fun with that, but you would be way off the track.

It isn't about that at all.

It is about recognizing gay marriages on Earth and whether they should receive the government (not heavenly) bounty that was demanded for and established by law for every other State recognized marriage.

wrong, its about gay unions, there is no such thing as a gay marriage.

For about a century now, we heteros have demanded the government give us all kinds of cash and prizes for being married. We have demanded more and more gifts from the government. Gimme, gimme, gimme. We put all those presents in our laws.

Then along come the homos and they ask for those same legal bennies if they get married. And we heteros are like, "These queers think they are special! Can you believe the nerve of them asking for the exact same gifts we demanded and get from the government?"

Why, it is right there in the Holy Bible! "And God spake. Thou shalt not give fags a Social Security spouse death benefit even if they hast payest into Social Security all their lives as everyone else."

Isaiah something or other.

a legal civil union gives them all of those rights

Nope. They have not been given access to all of the federal cash and prizes the rest of us are.

And they still are not given access to most of the cash and prizes on the state level, either.

You are living in a delusion if you believe they have equality under the law.

For about a century now, we heteros have demanded the government give us all kinds of cash and prizes for being married. We have demanded more and more gifts from the government. Gimme, gimme, gimme. We put all those presents in our laws.

Then along come the homos and they ask for those same legal bennies if they get married. And we heteros are like, "These queers think they are special! Can you believe the nerve of them asking for the exact same gifts we demanded and get from the government?"

Why, it is right there in the Holy Bible! "And God spake. Thou shalt not give fags a Social Security spouse death benefit even if they hast payest into Social Security all their lives as everyone else."

a legal civil union gives them all of those rights--------this is not about rights, its about forced societal validation of a deviant lifestyle.

Incorrect

Civil unions would violate the 14th Amendment.

a legal civil union gives them all of those rights--------this is not about rights, its about forced societal validation of a deviant lifestyle.

Incorrect

Horseshit. there is no right to get benefits from the government because you're shacking up with your fuck buddy. It's no more a violation than saying only people over 65 can collect SS.

Nope. They have not been given access to all of the federal cash and prizes the rest of us are.

And they still are not given access to most of the cash and prizes on the state level, either.

They have all the rights than any single male or female has, which is exactly what they are.

I gave you my answer. At a population of about 360,000,000 people in the United States and using a conservative 5% figure that means there are potentially 18,000,000 homosexuals in this country.

For some it's absolutely about equal treatment under the law, for others it can be about "social validation". For me, it's about the reason I cited.

You made a claim that is untrue, now you are diverting and and trying to make it about me instead of showing how all those things can be done for the same $50 cost of a Civil Marriage license (and some or all of the items I listed can be recreated at all)

You've had your answer, it's not my problem that you don't like it.

>>>>

It doesn't make any difference, they are Americans entitled to their civil rights.

They've got the same rights as everyone else.

They have all the rights than any single male or female has, which is exactly what they are.

No, that is what you want them to be, but that is not what they are.

Sure it is. It's exactly what they are.

you miss the point. Their civil unions SHOULD have all the rights and protections that a man/woman married couple has. But a gay union is not a marriage.

the gay agenda is about the word 'marriage' not rights or equality.

Incorrect

bullshit. does the use of a word create equality? did the word 'integration' eliminate all racial inequality?

you need to understand, the gay agenda is about govt mandated societal validation of the gay lifestyle--------its not about rights or equality.

People (in general) like to share their life with another adult individual for practical reasons that can be easily understood (ie company, love, intimacy, more $ to work with, easier to raise kids with 2 people, etc).

Some people are attracted to folks of the opposite sex (like myself) and will land on a partner of the opposite sex to share their life with.

Some people are attracted to folks of the same sex and will (thus) land on a partner of the same sex to share their life with.

Our existence is too short to worry about what others are doing with theirs. I have no problem with two gay people getting married because it has absolutely no effect on my own. I can still be married to my wife, I can still have kids, I can still work, I can still go to the concerts I want to go to, I can still buy the food I like, I can still drive the car I want to drive to work, etc.

Not sure why some individuals are so hell-bent on preventing others from doing benign things that will make them happy. Enough is enough, I say...

Last edited:

People (in general) like to share their life with another adult individual for practical reasons that can be easily understood (ie company, love, intimacy, more $ to work with, easier to raise kids with 2 people, etc).

Some people are attracted to folks of the opposite sex (like myself) and will land on a partner of the opposite sex to share their life with.

Some people are attracted to folks of the same sex and will (thus) land on a partner of the same sex to share their life with.

Our existence is too short to worry about what others are doing with theirs. I have no problem with two gay people getting married because it has absolutely no effect on my own. I can still be married to my wife, I can still have kids, I can still work, I can still go to the concerts I want to go to, I can still buy the food I like, I can still drive the car I want to drive to work, etc.

Not sure why some individuals are so hell-bent on preventing others from doing benign things that will make them happy. Enough is enough, I say...

Do you want your 6 year old grandchildren to be taught that they can choose to be straight or gay and that either is fine?

the next step after gay marriage is bigamy and polygamy, are you OK with your grandkids choosing one of those?

its coming, bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against because of who they love-----------watch.

its coming, bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against because of who they love-----------watch.
In a Free Country it's going to be interesting to see how you make the argument that marriage has to be only between two people? Can't use the Bible for that one.

Forum List

Back