🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?

The Atheist Liberal Solution to the Christian Problem...

Jean-L%C3%A9on_G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_-_The_Christian_Martyrs'_Last_Prayer_-_Walters_37113.jpg

Ironic you would post a picture of calling it Atheist Liberal Solution to the Christian Problem

when it is a picture of Christians being killed by Roman lions- because they were violating the conservative Roman laws regarding worshipping the wrong god(Romans were never atheists)......

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?
This is the Sexual Inquisition.......

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

They are not being affected by someone else's gay marriage- if they provide product for weddings, then they are obligated to provide products for weddings even if they don't like blacks, don't agree with Jews, and don't agree with gay marriage.

The solution is to not provide services to weddings if you are uncomfortable with doing so.

It's not that I am against gay marriage

I am against gay cakes and gay marriage leads to gay cakes

So gays are the proverbial 'gateway drug' to homosexual cake?

Perhaps we've been misunderstanding what's happening here. Many wingers are lamenting the 'homosexual agenda'. But it looks like gays are little more than pawns for a Confectionery Conspiracy.

I think a compromise with the gays is we will allow them to be married in all states if they will agree not to have cakes

Or maybe we should ban cakes?

More accurately, a guy is calling for a church to be shut down in a face book post.

By that logic, they (they being the Christians) are calling for gays to be executed. After all, at least one Christian has made the demand. And per your standards, that's all that's necessary for 'they'.

Absolutely- Look- now they are calling for gays to be executed......

upload_2015-4-3_10-15-52.png

More accurately, a guy is calling for a church to be shut down in a face book post.

By that logic, they (they being the Christians) are calling for gays to be executed. After all, at least one Christian has made the demand. And per your standards, that's all that's necessary for 'they'.

View attachment 38941

Well I guess 'they' are trying to kill gays now. I mean, if one gay guy is 'gays' then surely one Christian is 'Christians'.

View attachment 38941

Well I guess 'they' are trying to kill gays now. I mean, if one gay guy is 'gays' then surely one Christian is 'Christians'.

Hard to argue with that 'logic'......lol

I can't believe there are 'Christians' that believe a person should die because of homosexuality. They don't even understand their own religion. They're in for a rude awakening in the afterlife..

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

Then its religion that's hanging up business owners. Not gay marriage. Trying to hold a gay person responsible for YOUR reaction to them raises passing the buck to an art form.

A gay person gets married....and nothing happens to you. You're not burned at the stake, you're not stripped of any rights, you're not effected.

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find another job.

So you believe in forcing them to accommodate that which they disagree with on religious grounds, correct?

I believe in fining those people who violate PA laws. If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find a new job.

You feel it is perfectly rational and righteous to force someone to do what you believe is morally right via the fiat of government, correct?

I feel its perfectly rational and righteous for a religious person to find a job that is compatible with their faith. And if your faith won't let you make a cake for gays, then clearly baker isn't the right profession for you. As making cake for gays (and straights, and jews, and black folks) is part of the job description.

So you won't answer the question? Not surprising in the least.. You're okay with people forcing their morals on others via the fiat of government so long as you agree with those morals. You're nothing but a hypocrite.

And it's none of your damn business what someone chooses to do for a living, for you to expect someone to give up their livelihood so that you can force your views on them is nothing short of discrimination against them. But as long as the 'right' people are discriminated against, you're good with it. Again, hypocrite.

Then its religion that's hanging up business owners. Not gay marriage. Trying to hold a gay person responsible for YOUR reaction to them raises passing the buck to an art form.

A gay person gets married....and nothing happens to you. You're not burned at the stake, you're not stripped of any rights, you're not effected.

So you believe in forcing them to accommodate that which they disagree with on religious grounds, correct?

I believe in fining those people who violate PA laws. If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find a new job.

You feel it is perfectly rational and righteous to force someone to do what you believe is morally right via the fiat of government, correct?

I feel its perfectly rational and righteous for a religious person to find a job that is compatible with their faith. And if your faith won't let you make a cake for gays, then clearly baker isn't the right profession for you. As making cake for gays (and straights, and jews, and black folks) is part of the job description.

So you won't answer the question?

I have. The onus is on the person of faith to find a profession compatible with their religious beliefs. If you're a Buddhist who doesn't believe in killing, you can't rightly work at a slaughterhouse. If you're a hardline Muslim who believes that women should be in burkas, then being a fashion photographer isn't for you.

Find work that matches your beliefs. Its that simple.

If you sell cake, selling it to gays, straights, jews, Christians, women, men, etc.....is part of the job description. If you can't do this, find a job where it isn't an issue. The responsibility is yours to match your profession to your beliefs. Not society's to cater to whatever you choose to believe.

In short, take some personal responsibility.

th

So we should not allow gay marriage because of.......cakes?

Is that what I said? Really? I think what I said, since it flew right over your head, is that someone else's gay marriage IS affecting people who want no part of it. We keep getting told how it doesn't affect anyone but the two (for now) people involved, yet that's not the case at all, as I so clearly pointed out. So they not only want to legalize gay marriage, they want to force everyone to support it and service it via government fiat and social pressure. Everyone will conform, isn't that right? You 'liberals' have turned into the exact thing you supposedly preached against to get where you are today, you're totalitarian and authoritarian once you get into power. And now you so desperately try to hide what the true nature is behind the mask, you people won't bat an eye when it comes to forcing your views on everyone once you have a majority. Hypocrites, all of you. So, no, I don't think that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, allow all the gay marriages you want, but every person in this country should have the freedom to run their business as they see fit and according to their religious and moral views. Thought it was supposed to be about choice? And why else would a gay couple want someone to provide any service for their wedding that doesn't agree with their life style? What sane person would even want that? What kind of person forces someone to accommodate them that doesn't want to? None of it looks very good if that's what the gay community is really all about.

th

Is that what I said? Really? I think what I said, since it flew right over your head, is that someone else's gay marriage IS affecting people who want no part of it.

Nope. The religion of some folks is effecting people. Not gay marriage. A person can hardly blame gays for their own reaction to gay marriage.

Again, take some personal responsibility.

th

They are not being affected by someone else's gay marriage- if they provide product for weddings, then they are obligated to provide products for weddings even if they don't like blacks, don't agree with Jews, and don't agree with gay marriage.

The solution is to not provide services to weddings if you are uncomfortable with doing so.

So screw freedom and 'choice'?

I have. The onus is on the person of faith to find a profession compatible with their religious beliefs. If you're a Buddhist who doesn't believe in killing, you can't rightly work at a slaughterhouse. If you're a hardline Muslim who believes that women should be in burkas, then being a fashion photographer isn't for you.

If you sell cake, selling it to gays, straights, jews, Christians, women, men, etc.....is part of the job description. If you can't do this, find a job where it isn't an issue. The responsibility is yours to match your profession to your beliefs. Not society's to cater to whatever you choose to believe.

So now you get to dictate what people decide to do for a living?

What's so ironic is that these people are sitting on their moral high ground, looking down their noses telling everyone what they should be doing/believing and how they should be acting, yet they don't see that they have become exactly what they claim to be against. You're no better, may even be worse, than any 'religious right Christian' I've ever seen. lol But somehow you think that because your morals are more superior that you should be able to tell everyone else what to do, and enact laws to support your morals views. Yet the second someone you disagree with would try to do the very same thing, you'd be the first in line screaming about how morals are being pushed down your throat.

th

Is that what I said? Really? I think what I said, since it flew right over your head, is that someone else's gay marriage IS affecting people who want no part of it.

Nope. The religion of some folks is effecting people. Not gay marriage. A person can hardly blame gays for their own reaction to gay marriage.

Right, and those people have no right to their religious and morals views, cause yours trumps theirs, and you're making sure of it by having your morals shoved down their throats via government fiat. You don't have to keep repeating it, I think everyone clearly understands where you are coming from. They conform to how you think it should work, they either are forced to serve you, even if it's against their religious views, or they lose their livelihood. And you see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Amazing, do you really claim to be a 'liberal'? lol

th

So screw freedom and 'choice'?

So now you get to dictate what people decide to do for a living?

That would be their religious convictions that limit them. Not me. If your religion makes doing a job impossible, find a job you can do. If you can't kill, don't be a solider. If you can't deal with women, don't be a gynocologist. If you can't deal with gays, don't do a job that requires you sell to them.

One would think this was obvious.

I can't believe there are 'Christians' that believe a person should die because of homosexuality. They don't even understand their own religion. They're in for a rude awakening in the afterlife..

Not half as rude as for the gays

Right, and those people have no right to their religious and morals views, cause yours trumps theirs, and you're making sure of it by having your morals shoved down their throats via government fiat.

They have every right to their beliefs. But their beliefs are theirs. You're trying to pass the onus of someone else's belief to the subject of that belief. Which is ridiculous. If a Christian despises gays because of religion, its not fault nor responsibility of the gay person. But the Christian.

At every stage, you keep trying to pass responsibility for religious beliefs away from the faithful and onto everyone else.

Nope. The beliefs of the faithful are the responsibility of the faithful. Its their responsibility to make the adjustments necessary in their own lives to accommodate their own beliefs. And if those beliefs make doing a certain job impossible, then its the responsibility of the faithful to find a job that isn't impossible for them to do.

You don't have to keep repeating it, I think everyone clearly understands where you are coming from. They conform to how you think it should work, they either are forced to serve you, even if it's against their religious views, or they lose their livelihood. And you see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Amazing, do you really claim to be a 'liberal'? lol

More accurately, they take responsibility for their own beliefs, for their own reactions to those beliefs, and for the limitations these beliefs place upon them. Instead of trying to blame someone else for it.

I'm not responsible for your religion. You are. Get used to the idea.

Right, and those people have no right to their religious and morals views, cause yours trumps theirs, and you're making sure of it by having your morals shoved down their throats via government fiat.

They have every right to their beliefs. But their beliefs are theirs. You're trying to pass the onus of someone else's belief to the subject of that belief. Which is ridiculous. If a Christian despises gays because of religion, its not fault nor responsibility of the gay person. But the Christian.

At every stage, you keep trying to pass responsibility for religious beliefs away from the faithful and onto everyone else.

Nope. The beliefs of the faithful are the responsibility of the faithful. Its their responsibility to make the adjustments necessary in their own lives to accommodate their own beliefs. And if those beliefs make doing a certain job impossible, then its the responsibility of the faithful to find a job that isn't impossible for them to do.

You don't have to keep repeating it, I think everyone clearly understands where you are coming from. They conform to how you think it should work, they either are forced to serve you, even if it's against their religious views, or they lose their livelihood. And you see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Amazing, do you really claim to be a 'liberal'? lol

More accurately, they take responsibility for their own beliefs, for their own reactions to those beliefs, and for the limitations these beliefs place upon them. Instead of trying to blame someone else for it.

Gee, I can keep repeating myself as well.

They are taking responsibility for their beliefs, you're the one ensuring that they can't do so by making them conform to your morals using the power of government fiat. You're more authoritarian than any 'right wing Christian' I've ever seen. Own it.

Again, for the cheap seats (and I'll bold it for you just so you follow this time:

I'm not taking responsibility for your religion. You are. Its that simple.

Forum List

Back