🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage

Is that what I said? Really? I think what I said, since it flew right over your head, is that someone else's gay marriage IS affecting people who want no part of it.

Nope. The religion of some folks is effecting people. Not gay marriage. A person can hardly blame gays for their own reaction to gay marriage.

Again, take some personal responsibility.

Right, and those people have no right to their religious and morals views, cause yours trumps theirs, and you're making sure of it by having your morals shoved down their throats via government fiat.

They have every right to their beliefs. But their beliefs are theirs. You're trying to pass the onus of someone else's belief to the subject of that belief. Which is ridiculous. If a Christian despises gays because of religion, its not fault nor responsibility of the gay person. But the Christian.

At every stage, you keep trying to pass responsibility for religious beliefs away from the faithful and onto everyone else.

Nope. The beliefs of the faithful are the responsibility of the faithful. Its their responsibility to make the adjustments necessary in their own lives to accommodate their own beliefs. And if those beliefs make doing a certain job impossible, then its the responsibility of the faithful to find a job that isn't impossible for them to do.

You don't have to keep repeating it, I think everyone clearly understands where you are coming from. They conform to how you think it should work, they either are forced to serve you, even if it's against their religious views, or they lose their livelihood. And you see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Amazing, do you really claim to be a 'liberal'? lol

More accurately, they take responsibility for their own beliefs, for their own reactions to those beliefs, and for the limitations these beliefs place upon them. Instead of trying to blame someone else for it.

I'm not responsible for your religion. You are. Get used to the idea.

Right, and those people have no right to their religious and morals views, cause yours trumps theirs, and you're making sure of it by having your morals shoved down their throats via government fiat.

Again, for the cheap seats (and I'll bold it for you just so you follow this time:

They have every right to their beliefs. But their beliefs are theirs. You're trying to pass the onus of someone else's belief to the subject of that belief. Which is ridiculous. If a Christian despises gays because of religion, its not fault nor responsibility of the gay person. But the Christian.

I'm not taking responsibility for your religion. You are. Its that simple.

And your beliefs are yours, you can't force them on others, you're trying to pass the onus of your belief onto others via the fiat of government, which is ridiculous.

And there's where you go completely wrong, because you're so full of hate, that the only way you can understand someone not wanting to participate in or service a gay wedding is because of their hate. You make accusations that you have no business making. It's okay for you to stick to your moral convictions and force others to conform, but don't anyone dare do the same and try to force you to conform to theirs. Would you allow someone to force you into doing something you believed to be morally wrong? Of course you wouldn't, you'd scream to the high hills if someone tried to do so with the force of government. I can't say enough what a hypocrite you are.

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

Then its religion that's hanging up business owners. Not gay marriage. Trying to hold a gay person responsible for YOUR reaction to them raises passing the buck to an art form.

A gay person gets married....and nothing happens to you. You're not burned at the stake, you're not stripped of any rights, you're not effected.

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find another job.

So you believe in forcing them to accommodate that which they disagree with on religious grounds, correct?

I believe in fining those people who violate PA laws. If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find a new job.

You feel it is perfectly rational and righteous to force someone to do what you believe is morally right via the fiat of government, correct?

I feel its perfectly rational and righteous for a religious person to find a job that is compatible with their faith. And if your faith won't let you make a cake for gays, then clearly baker isn't the right profession for you. As making cake for gays (and straights, and jews, and black folks) is part of the job description.

So you won't answer the question? Not surprising in the least.. You're okay with people forcing their morals on others via the fiat of government so long as you agree with those morals. You're nothing but a hypocrite.

And it's none of your damn business what someone chooses to do for a living, for you to expect someone to give up their livelihood so that you can force your views on them is nothing short of discrimination against them. But as long as the 'right' people are discriminated against, you're good with it. Again, hypocrite.

Wow- you been this angry since 1964?

Its been 50 years since the United States decided that there should be laws to prevent discrimination to customers.

Oh wait- you only found your outrage because business's in some states are being told they can't discriminate against gays.

Hypocrite.

I can't believe there are 'Christians' that believe a person should die because of homosexuality. They don't even understand their own religion. They're in for a rude awakening in the afterlife..

Not half as rude as for the gays

If there really is a God, then any reader of the history of religion- and of Christianity would come to the conclusion that most Christians are going to be really surprised- and most disappointed.

Nope. The religion of some folks is effecting people. Not gay marriage. A person can hardly blame gays for their own reaction to gay marriage.

Again, take some personal responsibility.

At every stage, you keep trying to pass responsibility for religious beliefs away from the faithful and onto everyone else.

Nope. The beliefs of the faithful are the responsibility of the faithful. Its their responsibility to make the adjustments necessary in their own lives to accommodate their own beliefs. And if those beliefs make doing a certain job impossible, then its the responsibility of the faithful to find a job that isn't impossible for them to do.

You don't have to keep repeating it, I think everyone clearly understands where you are coming from. They conform to how you think it should work, they either are forced to serve you, even if it's against their religious views, or they lose their livelihood. And you see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Amazing, do you really claim to be a 'liberal'? lol

More accurately, they take responsibility for their own beliefs, for their own reactions to those beliefs, and for the limitations these beliefs place upon them. Instead of trying to blame someone else for it.

I'm not responsible for your religion. You are. Get used to the idea.

Again, for the cheap seats (and I'll bold it for you just so you follow this time:

I'm not taking responsibility for your religion. You are. Its that simple.
Would you allow someone to force you into doing something you believed to be morally wrong? Of course you wouldn't, you'd scream to the high hills if someone tried to do so with the force of government. I can't say enough what a hypocrite you are.

What if I thought the income tax was morally wrong? There are people who believe that.
What if I thought that the treating African Americans equal to white Americans was morally wrong- there are people who believe that.
What if I thought that paying taxes that go to war is morally wrong- there are people who believe that.

There will always be someone who feels that some law offends their morals. They have the same recourse everyone else does- they can attempt to change the law- either legislatively or through the courts.

Now- why do you think that Christians deserve special exemptions from public accommodation laws?

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?

Yes, some have already talked about this. One gay group wants to start shutting churches down and they likely have lots of support from liberals.

They will, however, stay away from mosques who preach anti-gay, anti-American and anti-Christian messages. And worse, radical Muslims don't stop at words, they take actions to back up their hate. But, leave them alone because the left says so.

I can't believe there are 'Christians' that believe a person should die because of homosexuality. They don't even understand their own religion. They're in for a rude awakening in the afterlife..

Well, we don't know that for sure. One could make the argument that it might be just as rude for intolerant Christians, if not more rude. Which act is really less Christ-like? At least homosexuality is based on the principle of loving another. Just something to ponder on..

Well, we don't know that for sure. One could make the argument that it might be just as rude for intolerant Christians, if not more rude. Which act is really less Christ-like? At least homosexuality is based on the principle of loving another. Just something to ponder on..

Try Romans 1: 26-27 and get back to me

Already back. Yep, that verse said that the men turned from their natural relationships with women, and vice versa, and that they would receive their due penalty.

Now, what if someone doesn't just turn gay, but is born that way? I guess we don't know. Notice the trend? There is a lot we just do not know. Why pretend we do?

I can find countless verses about how sin is sin, or how one should not judge, or how we should turn the other cheek. I could say, "check those out, and get back to me" like I just had some sort of victorious, drop-the-mic moment, but what would be the point? There's still no way of knowing what awaits us. We should just try to be tolerant of everyone, regardless of what side you're on.

Cheers!

Already back. Yep, that verse said that the men turned from their natural relationships with women, and vice versa, and that they would receive their due penalty.

Now, what if someone doesn't just turn gay, but is born that way? I guess we don't know. Notice the trend? There is a lot we just do not know. Why pretend we do?

I can find countless verses about how sin is sin, or how one should not judge, or how we should turn the other cheek. I could say, "check those out, and get back to me" like I just had some sort of victorious, drop-the-mic moment, but what would be the point? There's still no way of knowing what awaits us. We should just try to be tolerant of everyone, regardless of what side you're on.

Cheers!

It's an abomination unto the Lord.

Save your elementary Biblical knowledge, pal. I'm unimpressed and for a real kick in the teeth? There won't be a single atheist in Heaven

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?
This is the Sexual Inquisition.......

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

So we should not allow gay marriage because of.......cakes?

Is that what I said? Really? I think what I said, since it flew right over your head, is that someone else's gay marriage IS affecting people who want no part of it. We keep getting told how it doesn't affect anyone but the two (for now) people involved, yet that's not the case at all, as I so clearly pointed out. So they not only want to legalize gay marriage, they want to force everyone to support it and service it via government fiat and social pressure. Everyone will conform, isn't that right? You 'liberals' have turned into the exact thing you supposedly preached against to get where you are today, you're totalitarian and authoritarian once you get into power. And now you so desperately try to hide what the true nature is behind the mask, you people won't bat an eye when it comes to forcing your views on everyone once you have a majority. Hypocrites, all of you. So, no, I don't think that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, allow all the gay marriages you want, but every person in this country should have the freedom to run their business as they see fit and according to their religious and moral views. Thought it was supposed to be about choice? And why else would a gay couple want someone to provide any service for their wedding that doesn't agree with their life style? What sane person would even want that? What kind of person forces someone to accommodate them that doesn't want to? None of it looks very good if that's what the gay community is really all about.

No... Gays are not affecting anyone

It is narrow minded hatred and pettiness that is affecting those businesses. The only time their "Christianity" kicks in is when it comes to hating gays

Save your elementary Biblical knowledge, pal. I'm unimpressed and for a real kick in the teeth? There won't be a single atheist in Heaven

So is eating shellfish: Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. - Leviticus 11:12

What's your point? There are too many things to count that are considered 'abominations' in the Bible.

Since homosexual deeds are an abomination, and eating shellfish is described as an abomination, does that mean I'll have the same fate as a gay person in the afterlife? I guess we just don't know. ;) (Still not noticing the trend?)

Sorry you're unimpressed. I must admit, I am with you as well. You realized you couldn't win on the subject of gays and switched to atheists. A little silly, in my opinion.

So is eating shellfish: Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. - Leviticus 11:12

You're toast. I knew you'd screw up.

Eating shellfish is not a sin, it was under Mosaic Law and applied only to Jews, not Gentiles. It was part of the Old Covenant which was replaced by the New Covenant. Christ Himself did away with the dietary laws.

Now take your elementary BS and scram, know nothing

Eating shellfish is not a sin, it was under Mosaic Law and applied only to Jews, not Gentiles. It was part of the Old Covenant which was replaced by the New Covenant. Christ Himself did away with the dietary laws.

How about adultery? atheism? Pregnant brides? Divorce?

Christian bakers and florists have no problem with those

You just activated my trap card! *Yu-gi-oh reference. Sorry, couldn't resist* ;)

If you're going by that logic, you screwed up as well. It only calls homosexuality an 'abomination' in the early parts of the Bible, the same part the shellfish line comes from. In that Romans quote, it only says they'd recieve the "recompence of their error which was meet."

Just like fractions, what you do to one part, you must do to the other.

Nothing about it is an 'abomination of God', just a sin. It doesn't specify how severe of a sin post-Jesus.

Debating is a NT sin...

Debate (Romans 1.29)
contention, discord
Contention in words or arguments; discussion for elucidating truth; strife in argument or reasoning, between persons of different opinions, each endeavoring to prove his own opinion right, and that of his opposer wrong; dispute; controversy; as the debates in parliament or in congress.

In preaching, a believer is to present the truth in love with pure intent. We are to do our best to convince and persuade sinners of the truth, but we are not to fight with them, if they don’t believe the truth it is not because they are blind but that they reject the truth.
(Pro 25.9) (Acts 18.4 ; Eph 4.15; Tit 1.9 ; 2 Co 5.11 ; 2 Ti 2.24-25)

Heck. Wedding ceremonies themselves seem sinful NTwise.

Revellings ; Revilers (Galatians 5.21 ; 1 Corinthians 6.10)
1. To feast with loose and clamorous merriment; to carouse; to act the bacchanalian.
2. To move playfully or without regularity.
Lascivious feastings, with obscene songs, music, etc.
Luxurious entertainments.

How do you know the sins haven't been confessed and forgiven?

You just activated my trap card! *Yu-gi-oh reference. Sorry, couldn't resist* ;)

If you're going by that logic, you screwed up as well. It only calls homosexuality an 'abomination' in the early parts of the Bible, the same part the shellfish line comes from. In that Romans quote, it only says they'd recieve the "recompence of their error which was meet."

Just like fractions, what you do to one part, you must do to the other.

Nothing about it is an 'abomination of God', just a sin. It doesn't specify how severe of a sin post-Jesus.

BS You don't have a fucking clue what you're yammering about. Sit down, you're a bore

How do you know the sins haven't been confessed and forgiven?

How do you know gays haven't?

BS You don't have a fucking clue what you're yammering about. Sit down, you're a bore

I find your lack of a response with any factual follow up quite telling. ;)

I found your BS response to my outing your total lack of Biblical knowledge even more telling. Only a retard would try and use the shellfish is an abomination gambit LMAO

Now go away....study the Bible and try again in a few months

Forum List

Back