🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?
This is the Sexual Inquisition.......

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

Then its religion that's hanging up business owners. Not gay marriage. Trying to hold a gay person responsible for YOUR reaction to them raises passing the buck to an art form.

A gay person gets married....and nothing happens to you. You're not burned at the stake, you're not stripped of any rights, you're not effected.

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find another job.

...then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.
And why would you assume such a thing? Oh right, you're a idiot.

Why should churchs be allowed to discriminate against anyone? Is it just because they are not selling anything? Why does that make it OK?
It isn't okay but it's allowed because faith is irrational however treated, based on tradition here, as "private" conduct. It's allowed to be all kinds of things that are unacceptable in the public, meaning the secular, sphere.

As with all things, if you're an adult, yiu attempt to find a balance between competing rights and needs. In one case it's the slut's right to buy a Big Gulp, and in the other it's the church's right to call her a slut.

...then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.
And why would you assume such a thing? Oh right, you're a idiot.

Why should churchs be allowed to discriminate against anyone? Is it just because they are not selling anything? Why does that make it OK?

It's baby steps.... give them some time, they'll come down on the churches once they've passed a few other hurdles.

Churches aren't subject to PA laws nor ever have been. Your slippery slope fallacy fails a test of both history and logic.

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

Then its religion that's hanging up business owners. Not gay marriage. Trying to hold a gay person responsible for YOUR reaction to them raises passing the buck to an art form.

A gay person gets married....and nothing happens to you. You're not burned at the stake, you're not stripped of any rights, you're not effected.

So you believe in forcing them to accommodate that which they disagree with on religious grounds, correct?

You feel it is perfectly rational and righteous to force someone to do what you believe is morally right via the fiat of government, correct?

th

So you believe in forcing them to accommodate that which they disagree with on religious grounds, correct?

I believe in fining those people who violate PA laws. If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find a new job.

You feel it is perfectly rational and righteous to force someone to do what you believe is morally right via the fiat of government, correct?

I feel its perfectly rational and righteous for a religious person to find a job that is compatible with their faith. And if your faith won't let you make a cake for gays, then clearly baker isn't the right profession for you. As making cake for gays (and straights, and jews, and black folks) is part of the job description.

This whole thing is quite goofy. We have had major problems with discrimination. Heck, down south they just couldn't deal with people of a different skin color. It took laws to overcome those wacko beliefs. Fact is, this country is very slow to figure things out. This is just another blip on the map. Now, will places be able to discriminate versus Christians? How bout native Americans? How bout cubs fans? Southerners? Northerners? Where does it ever end?

This whole thing is quite goofy. We have had major problems with discrimination. Heck, down south they just couldn't deal with people of a different skin color. It took laws to overcome those wacko beliefs. Fact is, this country is very slow to figure things out. This is just another blip on the map. Now, will places be able to discriminate versus Christians? How bout native Americans? How bout cubs fans? Southerners? Northerners? Where does it ever end?

You're seeing what effectively amounts to a tantrum. Those who oppose gays and gay marriage are losing. They feel powerless. They're reacting to that feeling by trying to punish the focus of their animus. Its a petty, predictable response to change. And in 30 more years we're gonna look back with the same disbelief and awe at the stunning ignorance as it exactly like we look back today at say, segregation and interracial marriage bans.

Opposition to gays and gay marriage is an issue with a self life. As hardly anyone under 30 gives a fiddler's fuck about it. And the simple attrition of time will cull most opposition with dirt naps.

So would you say that you can legislate beliefs and morality?

You're seeing what effectively amounts to a tantrum. Those who oppose gays and gay marriage are losing. They feel powerless. They're reacting to that feeling by trying to punish the focus of their animus. Its a petty, predictable response to change. And in 30 more years we're gonna look back with the same disbelief and awe at the stunning ignorance as it exactly like we look back today at say, segregation and interracial marriage bans.

Opposition to gays and gay marriage is an issue with a self life. As hardly anyone under 30 gives a fiddler's fuck about it. And the simple attrition of time will cull most opposition with dirt naps.

Losing?

Why is the nation being put through this at all? Why is the state involved with marriage at all?

It's just our political leaders dividing and conquering is all.

th

So we should not allow gay marriage because of.......cakes?

th

So we should not allow gay marriage because of.......cakes?

Best reason I've heard so far. Cakes are important.

So would you say that you can legislate beliefs and morality?

Of course you can. All law is merely codified morality, beliefs and ethics. It reflects our values.

Losing?

Why is the nation being put through this at all? Why is the state involved with marriage at all?

Yeah, we're not going to dismantle legally recognized marriage and void all marriage certificates just to keep gays out of the union.

The State is involved in marriage. And as such, it must apply its laws equally.

It's not that I am against gay marriage

I am against gay cakes and gay marriage leads to gay cakes

So gays are the proverbial 'gateway drug' to homosexual cake?

Perhaps we've been misunderstanding what's happening here. Many wingers are lamenting the 'homosexual agenda'. But it looks like gays are little more than pawns for a Confectionery Conspiracy.

No- I leave the inquisitions to Conservatives.

Churches are allowed to discriminate- they can refuse membership, refuse to marry, refuse to give sacrament to any person for any reason- because the person is the wrong color, because the person is the wrong religion or because the person is the wrong sexual orientation.

Business's are required to follow laws for business's- which means they have to pay taxes- and means that they have to follow public accommodation laws.

If you need more information on how to distinguish between a church and a business- let me know.

So gays are the proverbial 'gateway drug' to homosexual cake?

Perhaps we've been misunderstanding what's happening here. Many wingers are lamenting the 'homosexual agenda'. But it looks like gays are little more than pawns for a Confectionery Conspiracy.

I think a compromise with the gays is we will allow them to be married in all states if they will agree not to have cakes

Forum List

Back