Gay student to Jerry Seinfeld...you can be funny...if you change your jokes...or else...

I fear for the day that this generation of college students takes control in this country.

In a short 20 years.

The good news is that as soon as little precious graduates, the education begins. That Theatre Arts degree daddy paid out the wazzu for so pumkin could spend four years with a mattress on her back is about to slam into the brick wall of reality.

You know. That place where adults are made.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-04-at-9.58.02-AM.jpg

The problem is...they have supported the very people who made these morons possible.......they supported all the liberal causes and politicians....and now they are afraid of their own creations.....

Exactly. Think of all those comedians who can't tell N-word jokes anymore.

Like chris rock.....? Eddie Murphy....?

I feel like there is a line between something being funny and being legitimately offensive to someone or a group of people. Comedians don't need to shy away from making jokes that could be offensive, but be conscious of where that line is, and expect to be called out when they cross it.

On the other hand, everyone just needs to loosen up a tad bit and learn to not take every little thing that is any level of offensive so badly. Some people are so up tight about being politically correct.

The problem is...they have supported the very people who made these morons possible.......they supported all the liberal causes and politicians....and now they are afraid of their own creations.....

Exactly. Think of all those comedians who can't tell N-word jokes anymore.

Chris Rock has quit doing campus shows for the same reason Seinfeld has. To politically correct.

It reminds me of the story recently of leftist college professors afraid of being reported by their students. It's redolent of Nazi or Communist party expectations that the youth be so well indoctrinated that they'll even report their teachers and party leaders who show even a hint of dissent from pure party doctrine.
This perfectly describes the Progressives today. They are intolerant.

Not when they go from being students, cuddled in the blanket of academia....to being cuddled in the union protected teaching jobs....or the union protected public employee jobs....or the union financed political positions they will get.....

actually, what most people find is that right wing thinking of "working harder for less money because those Rich People's Dressage Horsies won't buy themselves" isn't working for most of us.

Except for stu pid people like you clinging to your guns and your bibles and thinking you are "Free".

Seinfeld and every other comedian needs to stay away from the college cry babies. A lot of risk, no reward.

another post where you call your betters "morons".

funny coming from you given your intellect is basically equal to toast.

Frankly I would take 2aguy over the gay Crusader any day of the week. Maybe you could see that too Jillian if you would take off your PC blinders.

Yes....a borg drone...no doubt having recieved a message from the borg queen, has responded to Jerry Seinfeld who spoke about the monsters Seinfeld and his friends helped create....

Seinfeld can be funny...if he submits to our demands.......

College Student to Seinfeld We re PC So Fix Your Material

San Diego State student Anthony Berteaux felt compelled to correct Seinfeld on his misconceptions about the college audience in an open letter published at Huffington Post. What he actually did was confirm Seinfeld was right:

It isn’t so much that college students are too politically correct (whatever your definition of that concept is), it’s that comedy in our progressive society today can no longer afford to be crass, or provocative for the sake of being offensive. Sexist humor and racist humor can no longer exist in comedy because these concepts are based on archaic ideals that have perpetrated injustice against minorities in the past.

Provocative humor, such as ones dealing with topics of race and gender politics, can be crass and vulgar, but underlying it must be a context that spurs social dialogue about these respective issues. There needs to be a message, a central truth behind comedy for it to work as humor.

Berteaux declares that, yes, college students are politically correct. And because they are, Seinfeld better be ready to adjust his material accordingly:

So, yes, Mr. Seinfeld, we college students are politically correct. We will call out sexism and racism if we hear it. But if you’re going to come to my college and perform in front of me, be prepared to write up a set that doesn’t just offend me, but has something to say.

(in flawless Seinfeld impersonation)

Who woulda guessed? College-educated people don't think I'm funny!

That was supposed to be funny?

Not politically correct. Just that you are only allowed to mock enemies of the left.

JS and his crew have themselves to thank for that... so he needs to quit whining.

Chris Rock has quit doing campus shows for the same reason Seinfeld has. To politically correct.

That and people stopped thinking he was funny back in the 1990's.

I don't know what happened with Jerry Seinfeld. After his show went off the air, he dropped off the face of the earth for about ten years. When he came back I just scratched my head and said....I used to think that was funny?

There is a growing list of comedians that won't do college campuses. It is a risk that people don't need to take.

Or not. frankly, College Campuses aren't the most lucrative venues to start with. College kids don't have any money.

Beyond that, I think a lot of you just forget what it was like to be a college kid. College kids thought everything was SO DAMNED SERIOUS! It was that way when I went to college in the 1980's, I'm sure it's that way now.

I don't know what happened with Jerry Seinfeld. After his show went off the air, he dropped off the face of the earth for about ten years. When he came back I just scratched my head and said....I used to think that was funny?

I think that's a problem with ALL comedians. They are only funny in their own time.

For instance, Mel Brooks was freakin' hilarious in the 1970's and even into the 1980's.

By the 1990's, his schtick was getting stale.

And I think that was the case with most comedians. They have a shorter lifespan than even actresses. For instance, the Marx Brothers were the big thing in the 1930's, but they were old by the 1940's. Abbot and Costello were big in the 1940's, but they were old by the 1950's.

Seinfeld and every other comedian needs to stay away from the college cry babies. A lot of risk, no reward.

another post where you call your betters "morons".

funny coming from you given your intellect is basically equal to toast.

Frankly I would take 2aguy over the gay Crusader any day of the week. Maybe you could see that too Jillian if you would take off your PC blinders.

First she would have to take the stick out if her ass.

Forum List

Back