Gen. Milley Apologizes

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
The country’s top military official apologized on Thursday for taking part in President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square for a photo op after authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the area of peaceful protesters.

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a prerecorded video commencement address to National Defense University. “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

LOVE IT!

Generals are turning against Trump, one by one.

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said .... “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

More!

"
WASHINGTON (AP) — Scores of retired military and defense leaders are denouncing President Donald Trump and accusing him of using the U.S. Armed Forces to undermine the rights of Americans protesting police brutality and the killing of George Floyd.

The condemnation Friday came in an op-ed in The Washington Post, signed by 89 former defense officials, and in a letter in support of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, signed by 55 retired military leaders."""

LOVE IT!

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said .... “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

How could you miss an earlier post only four lines down?

LOVE IT!

Generals do not like to be used as props to shape public opinion, nor do they like troops being used for show, to shape public opinion. It is disrespectful to all troops that have worn the uniform, living and dead.

And he claims the polls are wrong. Yeah, right.

This upside down bible waiving screw up ranks right up there with his Clorox cocktails and continual bad mouthing of America's military leaders who disagree with him.

Wonder who the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs will be?

Nobody should have been there
Exactly. Trump is fractioning the walls between the civilian leadership and the military. As I have written before Trump sees himself more like a south american Caudillo then an American president. He sees the military as his own personal guard to be used even for domestic political purposes. Milley was right to apologize for his mistake. The armed forces should never be seen as taking sides in our domestic affairs despite what Trump and Trumpers may think.

And he claims the polls are wrong. Yeah, right.

This upside down bible waiving screw up ranks right up there with his Clorox cocktails and continual bad mouthing of America's military leaders who disagree with him.

Wonder who the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs will be?
One of the worst screw up, is allowing fuckers like you to live in this country. When you have Liberal Senators eating Tide Pods, and letting criminals with guns, to take over a Gun Free city, it is time the US citizens wake up and take back this country. When the shooting starts, will the Biden supporters be taking of their bumper stickers, or be considered ISIS sympathizers...

Forum List

Back