Gen. Milley Apologizes

Here we are posting about this as a bunch of terrorists have commandeered part of Seattle.....weird thing to focus on....

What are they doing in Seattle? Gassing people peacefully assembling?
They are extorting the business owners in that area of Seattle...charging them to operate their stores.....this is right out of the Taliban playbook....

Many have argued that's what the government does.

It's getting hard to keep the players straight I guess.

If I were working for Trump I would be terrified of being attacked by a mob of insane Liberals.
Not to mention the possibility of being struck being lightening if near him, when he holds a bible in the air as a prop for a photo op.
I guess what happened in NYC was a figment of my imagination.
I guess the situation in Seattle is a figment of my imagination.
I never pay attention to Republican or Democratic Presidential nominees making believe they believe in God.
I pay attention to situations that present an actual danger.

after authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the area of peaceful protesters.

They are STILL pushing that lie? It's as false as "russian collusion".

The authorities used smoke canisters and pepper balls and that was AFTER warning the crowd to move back 3 times.

And we've seen how "peaceful" they are!

How do you pack 3 lies into such a small sentence? :dunno: Actually it's only half a sentence.

after authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the area of peaceful protesters.

The authorities used smoke canisters and pepper balls and that was AFTER warning the crowd to move back 3 times.

How do you pack 3 lies into such a small sentence? :dunno: Actually it's only half a sentence.
Are you attributing an ounce of intellectual honesty to JL?

The country’s top military official apologized on Thursday for taking part in President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square for a photo op after authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the area of peaceful protesters.

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a prerecorded video commencement address to National Defense University. “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

There was no “tear gas” or rubber bullets used.

Sounds like the General should resign if he is more concerned with appeasing leftwing radicals that would burn the White House to the ground if they could.

LOVE IT!

Generals are turning against Trump, one by one.

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said .... “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”
Generals do not like to be used as props to shape public opinion, nor do they like troops being used for show, to shape public opinion. It is disrespectful to all troops that have worn the uniform, living and dead.
Was the General in the photo? No. I bet 99% of the population doesn’t even know who he is, much less that he was even there. He’s virtue signaling. Sad to see a General be so weak.

The country’s top military official apologized on Thursday for taking part in President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square for a photo op after authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the area of peaceful protesters.

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a prerecorded video commencement address to National Defense University. “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

There was no “tear gas” or rubber bullets used.

Sounds like the General should resign if he is more concerned with appeasing leftwing radicals that would burn the White House to the ground if they could.
"Milley said that he “should not have been there” and that his presence “created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

“As a commissioned uniformed officer, it was a mistake that I have learned from, and I sincerely hope we all can learn from it,” Milley said."

Can you imagine Trump admitting a mistake and apologizing? I can't either.

Why was this thread moved to Current Events? The general was apologizing for engaging in an event created by Trump which POLTICIZED a domestic issue .

You moron that was a direct quote from the article. However I stand by that quote as MIlley was there you were not and the video speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Trump should fire his sorry as right this minute!
It always amazes me how Conservatives throw how their cherished beliefs on small government in an instant when Trump is involved. Trump uses the military for his own personal political gain thereby violating his oath of office and Trumpers could care less. Trumpers are giving us a Master's Class on on how democracies fail.

You moron that was a direct quote from the article. However I stand by that quote as MIlley was there you were not and the video speaks for itself.
You think I give a shit about your uninformed posts?
You post bullshit as though it's fact.

LOL..you're among the biggest ignoramuses on this board..not to mention functionally illiterate.

LOL..you're among the biggest ignoramuses on this board..not to mention functionally illiterate.
Sure...
Liberals are burning down houses and stores and you think you're a genius for taking their side.

LOVE IT!

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said .... “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”
Generals do not like to be used as props to shape public opinion, nor do they like troops being used for show, to shape public opinion. It is disrespectful to all troops that have worn the uniform, living and dead.
Was the General in the photo? No. I bet 99% of the population doesn’t even know who he is, much less that he was even there. He’s virtue signaling. Sad to see a General be so weak.
You mean this picture as they are heading across after the peaceful protesters had been run off?
1591892854772.png

Looks just like him in Uniform with name and rank clearly visible. It was wrong for him to accompany the president, as it is not the non-political image, the highest military Officer in the country should be seen in. On a lighter note, The General does on set the best example of height/weight control standards and fitness in the military. either. I know a Command Sergeant Major who looked like that in a photo posted on a bulletin board in a major command maintenance shop with caption "DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!".

LOVE IT!

You mean this picture as they are heading across after the peaceful protesters had been run off?
View attachment 348817
Looks just like him in Uniform with name and rank clearly visible. It was wrong for him to accompany the president, as it is not the non-political image, the highest military Officer in the country should be seen in. On a lighter note, The General does on set the best example of height/weight control standards and fitness in the military. either. I know a Command Sergeant Major who looked like that in a photo posted on a bulletin board in a major command maintenance shop with caption "DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!".
Yup, never saw it before. All the news plays over and over was the Bible shot.

Sure...
Liberals are burning down houses and stores and you think you're a genius for taking their side.
That is a lie. The issue is about 1) the use of military force against peaceful protesters and 2) the use of military force against US citizens for the sake of a presidential photo op.
You may not care about presidential overreach, but some of us do. This has nothing to do with looters who should be and are being prosecuted and thrown in jail.

Forum List

Back