Genesis Science: Against All Odds

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. I’m certain that any who post and OP try to make their point…but also, try to anticipate what opposing posters will say, and accommodate same. But sometimes, the degree of ineptitude defies forecasting.

2. I recently contributed a thread on how amazingly farsighted the author of the first chapter of Genesis was, based on how similar the narrative is to modern science’s understanding of the origins of the universe and of life on earth

Consider these two comments from two local ‘Mensa’ rejects:

a. “So you're claiming that a book written 6000 years ago predicted something that happened 3 billion years ago?
I bet I can predict who wins the 1967 Superbowl.”

b. “And you cannot predict an order of events that *already occurred (sic),* all that you can do is speculate the order, or discover the order. That the order already occured (sic) , makes Genesis = / = prediction…”

So…these folks are unaware that Genesis 1 is scientifically accurate- but was written long before the science was known!

3. I never imagined that some dim-wit would perceive of a book written over two millennia ago….in ancient Israel, far less than an academic environment, would picture the author of Genesis as having studied geology, biology, astrophysics….and already aware of the correct order of the events of creation….

Not only far less than marginally intelligent…but….a pair of such individuals???
It seems that the USMB has its own version of Betty and Moronica.

The idea of the miraculous confluence of the first chapter of Genesis and the sequence advanced by modern science is as follows:

4. The Old Testament was written, although not compiled, almost three millennia ago. It is extraordinary that the writer of the creation account in Genesis, chapter one, got it right in his exposition of the series of events: his sequence turns out to be scientifically accurate in terms of contemporary knowledge.

5. The images in that writer’s mind of how our planet and life came to be must have seemed curious for the knowledge and experience of the time! Yet….he presented it as though it had been dictated to him, as though he had been spoken to by God.

6. If it is not evidence for the God, then the author of Genesis 1, or Moses, perhaps, must have understood that the universe formed first, …then the seas appeared on earth, …and that the first life forms were photosynthetic. Following that, he had to have realized that an eye evolved in an early animal in the geological past, which triggered the evolution of all the major groups of animals that exist today.
Still further, he must have felt that all of this occurred in the seas, before animals moved onto land, and only when they did move out of the water did mammals and birds evolve.
The above largely from chapter nine of zoologist Andrew Parker’s “The Genesis Enigma.”

a. Wow! What an incredibly lucky guess! What a considerable stroke of good fortune!

b. Or…an alternative explanation: divine intervention.

The Author of Genesis Chapter one is not implying that all life came from the sea, and you could easily reference chapter two to confirm this.

So, it does not correlate with science.

Also - you still don't know what predict means.

Also, is this even English?

I’m certain that any who post and OP try to make their point…but also, try to anticipate what opposing posters will say, and accommodate same.

Also, is this even English?

I’m certain that any who post and OP try to make their point…but also, try to anticipate what opposing posters will say, and accommodate same.

I think PC must have recently hit one of those round number ages that cause one much fret and worry.

The Old Testament was written, although not compiled, almost three millennia ago. It is extraordinary that the writer of the creation account in Genesis, chapter one, got it right in his exposition of the series of events: his sequence turns out to be scientifically accurate in terms of contemporary knowledge.
There you go again, repeating your lie again. The bible has the heavens, Earth and seas created before light.

Can't you stop yourself from lying???

The Author of Genesis Chapter one is not implying that all life came from the sea, and you could easily reference chapter two to confirm this.

So, it does not correlate with science.

Also - you still don't know what predict means.

Predict: state what will happen prior to knowledge of that happening.
Or are you positing that the author of Genesis 1 already knew what science has since revealed?
Is that it, Spicoli?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hr-Ilwuryw]I Know That Dude - Spicoli - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...genesis-and-science-predict-marine-life.html:

1. Track the events in the creation account of Genesis and it’s amazing how closely the events conform to the current view of modern science. An explosion- the universe – oceans/land - plants- …And next, in verse 20, we find: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

a. Kind of unusual…since the author of Genesis, and, if we are to believe that the first one to speak those words, Moses, didn’t really live in a habitat that one might call ‘sea side.’

b. Would have been understandable if this space in the Bible had, instead, have focused on the numbers of land mammals, birds, or insects found in ancient Israel, wouldn’t it? But, instead, marine organisms are specifically named: ‘Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,…’

2. Wouldn’t it be interesting if science find lots and lots of marine organisms extant at this point? Imagine if Genesis actually parallels the history of life on earth as expounded by science. Be a heck of a coincidence.

3. A truly important development took place some 521 million years ago, in the geological period known as the Cambrian. “The most abundant and diverse animals of Cambrian time were the trilobites. Trilobites had long antennae, compound eyes, many jointed legs, and a hard exoskeleton like many of their modern arthropod relatives, such as lobsters, crabs, and insects. The Cambrian is sometimes called the "Age of Trilobites"…” Cambrian: The "Age of Trilobites" and the Cambrian Fauna

Guess where trilobites lived.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:20-22 NIV - And God said, ?Let the water teem - Bible Gateway

Show where it states in Genesis something that "Will happen" prior to it happening.

Also, chapter two destroys your whole premise, so a keen stfu is in order, blow hard.

Why is it 'against all odds' that primitive man would speculate that the seas were formed before life in the seas came about?

Now, now....no one who understands probability, permutations, and combinations, would select one of a series and claim that the single event represents the specific order of the entire sequence.

OK....let's give you a test to see where in the pantheon of intellects you belong:

On a scale of one to ten, what’s your favorite color in the alphabet?

Show where it states in Genesis something that "Will happen" prior to it happening.

Also, chapter two destroys your whole premise, so a keen stfu is in order, blow hard.

Will happen.....prior to science evidencing that it did happen.

The only way you'd ever be considered bright would be if I threw a lamp at you.

"....so a keen stfu is in order, blow hard."

Did you ever notice that I never tell you to 'shut up'?

Never.

Know why?

Every time you post it's an occasion for amusement.
You have taken skill at the computer keyboard, untold potential, and turned it into the same level as a three year old finger painting.

Genesis chapter I did not predict anything. It offered a theory in regard to an order of events. It did not predict the events. It did not predict the science, the science was already there to be learned.

Genesis chapter II puts Genesis at odds with that very same science that you're stating that Genesis "predicted."

The source of your bloviation refutes itself.

Science says that life evolved from the sea.

Genesis chapter II says that man was created from dust.

You might be able to have it both ways inside of your bubble, but you lose in the realm of science.

Genesis chapter I did not predict anything. It offered a theory in regard to an order of events. It did not predict the events. It did not predict the science, the science was already there to be learned.

Genesis chapter II puts Genesis at odds with that very same science that you're stating that Genesis "predicted."

You might be able to have it both ways inside of your bubble, but you lose in the realm of science.

So....you're admitting the sequence in Genesis 1 corresponds to modern science's sequence?

Is that why you're bringing up extraneous material?

White flag, huh?

So....you're admitting the sequence in Genesis 1 corresponds to modern science's sequence?

White flag, huh?

No, I'm advising you that the verbeage in Genesis I is not what you've concluded in regard to any explanation of how life came about, and that you can refer to the text in Genesis II just in case you wish to continue to bloviate.

White flag, huh?

No, I'm advising you that the verbeage in Genesis I is not what you've concluded in regard to any explanation of how life came about, and that you can refer to the text in Genesis II just in case you wish to continue to bloviate.

No, I'd rather refer to Genesis, chapter one....as that's what the OP refers to.

But, it's clear that you're a loser without changing the subject.

Are you sure you don't want to stick to something you can do…like playing cowbells?
You're not doing that well, here.

White flag, huh?

No, I'd rather refer to Genesis, chapter one....as that's what the OP refers to.

Are you sure you don't want to stick to something you can do…like playing cowbells?

Genesis chapter II is pertinent to anyone's understanding of what Genesis chapter I is speaking on.

Being a pseudo-intellectual, you'd naturally dip duck dodge that spikey little thorn.

Genesis chapter II is pertinent to anyone's understanding of what Genesis chapter I is speaking on.

Being a pseudo-intellectual, you'd naturally dip duck dodge that spikey little thorn.

So.....you, changing the subject means I win?

Forum List

Back