Genius Scientist Stephen Hawking declares that the universe created itself...

It's just a matter of words

some call it Universe

some call it Energy

some call it whatever

I call It OUR FATHER

GOD.

It's one thing to call on a "First Cause" to explain how the Universe was created. It is something else entirely to prove it was your version of this "First Cause" that was responsible.

Yes, it is a matter of definition of terms, which makes it just as logical to believe as it is to disbelieve from a formal logic premise if one defines 'God' correctly.
But the problem with logic, as useful as it is, is that you can use reason to argue ANYTHING to be true. That's why we use empiricism to gain our knowledge.

Yes, I made that point earlier, and as for empiricism, it's circular reasoning, since repeatability by others is the goal. It can't recreate such events as 'big bangs' or 'evolution' hypotheses.

It's just a matter of words

some call it Universe

some call it Energy

some call it whatever

I call It OUR FATHER

GOD.

It's one thing to call on a "First Cause" to explain how the Universe was created. It is something else entirely to prove it was your version of this "First Cause" that was responsible.

Yes, it is a matter of definition of terms, which makes it just as logical to believe as it is to disbelieve from a formal logic premise if one defines 'God' correctly.
But the problem with logic, as useful as it is, is that you can use reason to argue ANYTHING to be true. That's why we use empiricism to gain our knowledge.

Yes, I made that point earlier, and as for empiricism, it's circular reasoning, since repeatability by others is the goal. It can't recreate such events as 'big bangs' or 'evolution' hypotheses.
An event does not have to be recreated in the lab 100 times or even once for us to gain empirical knowledge of it. That is an absurd standard that you literally just made up and is observed by exactly nobody. We don't have to recreate a star in the lab to know how it formed or what happens inside it.

And empirical knowledge is exactly the opposite of "circular"... Another nonsensical claim.

Oh well then hands down this must be right - a human that hasnever tried to prove God to himself which is easy to do and only uses a portion of his entire brain but suddenly he has all the answers and the idiot atheists belive him,

Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God

I'm glad he just came out and said it, the universe created itself, because once it is said, it is obvious how stupid that sounds.

But here is a man who has devoted his life to science, but rather than accept the possibility that a force outside the known universe created the universe, he chooses instead to believe in something impossible, that the universe created itself through the law of gravity.

But even if the law of gravity caused THIS universe to spontanously come in being, that doesn't solve Hawking's problem -- where did the law of gravity come from, and all the matter that went into this formation of the universe, where did that come from?

Scientists are not theologians, and it smacks of unprofessionalism when they attempt to answer questions of religion for which they have no training or diplomas.
I have no evidence for this, but I believe that he blames God for his condition. That's why he believes what he does, in spite of the evidence.

Genius Scientist Stephen Hawking declares that the universe created itself...

and it still does, if you ignore newton's laws...

Einstein disagrees with Hawking.
And I believe Einstein was smarter. Hawking has an IQ of 160. Einstein's was estimated to be around 185. But he never took an IQ test. Doesn't need one, in my opinion. I mean, look at what he accomplished. What has Hawking done?

And I believe Einstein was smarter. Hawking has an IQ of 160. Einstein's was estimated to be around 185. But he never took an IQ test. Doesn't need one, in my opinion. I mean, look at what he accomplished. What has Hawking done?
He's been given too much importance because of his condition.

If a mindless universe can create itself, why can't this "genius" heal himself?

So? Hawking was correct where Einstein was wrong about black holes, too.
So? Einstein was much smarter than Hawking, period.
Albert Einstein's religious views have been widely studied and often misunderstood.[1] Einstein stated that he believed in the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza.[2] He did not believe in a personal God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings, a view which he described as naïve.[3] He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist",[4] preferring to call himself an agnostic,[5]or a "religious nonbeliever."[3] Einstein also stated he did not believe in life after death, adding "one life is enough for me."[6]

Religious and philosophical views of Albert Einstein - Wikipedia

I'm glad he just came out and said it, the universe created itself, because once it is said, it is obvious how stupid that sounds.

But here is a man who has devoted his life to science, but rather than accept the possibility that a force outside the known universe created the universe, he chooses instead to believe in something impossible, that the universe created itself through the law of gravity.

But even if the law of gravity caused THIS universe to spontanously come in being, that doesn't solve Hawking's problem -- where did the law of gravity come from, and all the matter that went into this formation of the universe, where did that come from?

Scientists are not theologians, and it smacks of unprofessionalism when they attempt to answer questions of religion for which they have no training or diplomas.

how amusing that you think you're smarter than Stephen hawking. :rofl:

So what? That's not how the truth of scientific ideas is determined. Not that you could ever possibly know the truth of what you just said, either.
Blah blah blah.

so you have on response. I guess that makes sense.

I don't want to brag but we make Hawk buy the beer.

Actually his life is a bit of a miracle but I suspect it had more to do with his wife than him. The guy is a real prick.

Albert Einstein's religious views have been widely studied and often misunderstood.[1] Einstein stated that he believed in the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza.[2] He did not believe in a personal God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings, a view which he described as naïve.[3] He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist",[4] preferring to call himself an agnostic,[5]or a "religious nonbeliever."[3] Einstein also stated he did not believe in life after death, adding "one life is enough for me."[6]

Religious and philosophical views of Albert Einstein - Wikipedia
As soon as I see Wikipedia I dismiss it. It's not a secure site and anyone can edit it. Einstein said there is a Spirit with an intelligence to the universe that dwarfs man's.

Why not. There are people here that think they're smarter than Albert Einstein.

Forum List

Back