George Mueller - Man of Prayer

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
George Mueller was a humble man of God who took in orphans and prayed in the finances and provisions to care for them. His life is a testimony to the faithfulness of God and the power of prayer.

[ame=http://youtu.be/6lfOlRBsle0?list=PL62B52190A6FBE896]George Müller ( Audio Book Reading ) - Answers to Prayer, from George Müller's Narratives (1 of 4) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/jXsOZehsFjE?list=PL62B52190A6FBE896]George Müller ( Audio Book Reading ) - Answers to Prayer, from George Müller's Narratives (2 of 4) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/1EdiQth651M?list=PL62B52190A6FBE896]George Müller ( Audio Book Reading ) - Answers to Prayer, from George Müller's Narratives (3 of 4) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/9mKGLBCUIGA?list=PL62B52190A6FBE896]George Müller ( Audio Book Reading ) - Answers to Prayer, from George Müller's Narratives (4 of 4) - YouTube[/ame]

I hope in God, I pray on, and look yet for the answer. They are not converted yet, but they will be.
- George Mueller

Our walk counts far more than our talk, always!
- George Mueller

If the Lord fails me at this time, it will be the first time.
- George Mueller

To learn strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testings.
- George Mueller

If we desire our faith to be strengthened, we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried, and therefore, through trial, be strengthened.
- George Mueller

Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you.
- George Mueller

Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends.
- George Mueller

Faith has nothing to do with feelings or with impressions, with improbabilities or with outward experiences. If we desire to couple such things with faith, then we are no longer resting on the Word of God, because faith needs nothing of the kind. Faith rests on the naked Word of God. When we take Him at His Word, the heart is at peace.
- George Mueller

Faith is the assurance that the thing which God has said in His word is true, and that God will act according to what He has said in his word... Faith is not a matter of impressions, nor of probabilities, nor of appearances.
- George Mueller

God delights to increase the faith of His children. We ought, instead of wanting no trials before victory, no exercise for patience, to be willing to take them from God's hands as a means. Trials, obstacles, difficulties and sometimes defeats, are the very food of faith.
- George Mueller

George Müller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early work[edit]

In 1828, Müller offered to work with Jews in England through the London Society for Promoting Christianity Amongst the Jews, and arrived in London on 19 March 1829. By mid-May, he fell ill, and did not think that he would survive. He was sent to Teignmouth to recuperate and, whilst there, met Henry Craik, who became his lifelong friend.[3] Müller returned to London in September, but after ten days started to feel unwell again, blaming it on being confined to his house because of his studies. He asked the Society to send him out to preach but received no reply. By the end of November he became doubtful whether the Society was the right place for him and on 12 December made the decision to leave but to wait for a month before writing. Müller returned to Exmouth on 31 December for a short holiday and preached at various meetings whilst there. He wrote to the Society in early January, requesting that they might consider allowing him to remain with them if they would allow him "to labour in regard to time and place as the Lord might direct me". This they refused to do at a meeting on 27 January 1830, communicating this to Müller in writing, and thus bringing to an end his association with the Society. He moved from Exmouth to Teignmouth and preached several times for Craik, which led to a number of the congregation asking him to stay and be the minister of the chapel of Ebenezer Chapel in Shaldon, Devon, on a salary of £55 per annum. On 7 October 1830, he married Mary Groves, the sister of Anthony Norris Groves. At the end of October, he renounced his regular salary, believing that the practice could lead to church members giving out of duty, not desire. He also eliminated the renting of church pews, arguing that it gave unfair prestige to the rich (based primarily on James 2:1–9).[4]

Müller moved to Bristol on 25 May 1832 to begin working at Bethesda Chapel. Along with Henry Craik, he continued preaching there until his death, even while devoted to his other ministries. In 1834, he founded the Scriptural Knowledge Institution for Home and Abroad, with the goal of aiding Christian schools and missionaries; distributing the Bible and Christian tracts; and providing Day-schools, Sunday-schools and Adult-schools, all upon a Scriptural foundation.[5] By the end of February 1835, there were five Day-schools – two for boys and three for girls.

[6] Not receiving government support and only accepting unsolicited gifts, this organisation received and disbursed £1,381,171[1] – around £90 million in today's terms[7] – by the time of Müller's death, primarily using the money for supporting the orphanages and distributing about 285,407 Bibles,[1] 1,459,506 New Testaments,[1] and 244,351 other religious texts,[1] which were translated into twenty other languages.[8] The money was also used to support other "faith missionaries" around the world, such as Hudson Taylor.[9] The work continues to this day.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite stories about Mueller's prayer life. He could believe God for fogs to lift, bad weather to be instantly at one prayer. He operated in strong, unshakable faith that could believe God for anything. He was a great man of prayer!

Once, while crossing the Atlantic on the SS Sardinian in August 1877, his ship ran into thick fog. He explained to the captain that he needed to be in Quebec by the following afternoon, but Captain Joseph E. Dutton (later known as "Holy Joe") said that he was slowing the ship down for safety and Müller's appointment would have to be missed. Müller asked to use the chartroom to pray for the lifting of the fog. The captain followed him down, claiming it would be a waste of time. After Müller prayed, the captain started to pray, but Müller stopped him; partly because of the captain's unbelief, but mainly because he believed the prayer had already been answered. When the two men went back to the bridge, they found the fog had lifted. The captain became a Christian shortly afterwards.[41]

Müller's faith in God strengthened day by day and he spent hours in daily prayer and Bible reading. Indeed, it was his practice, in later years, to read through the entire Bible four times a year.[42]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Müller

Last edited:
Faith is like building your strength in a gym. You work out and you soon are lifting heavier weights. The difference being that God adds the weights and they come in the form of tests, trials, tribulations. If you will only realize this is to increase your faith and strengthen you, you will begin to sense when it is from the LORD and when it is an attack of Satan. Clearly the fog being an obstacle to Muellers' arriving on time was an attack of Satan. In that matter it is merely his faith joined with God's unlimited power that will moved that weather straight out of his way so that he could make his meeting on time.

On the other hand, if it is a trial, an attack that is meant to discourage you - rejoice that the devil considers you a problem! It should encourage you to greater heights in your warfare against him! It is a blessed thing consider that hell knows your name!

? You are quite unusual, Hotpotato. But seeing as you are here and power interests you let me ask you something - did you know that Christians have the authority to speak to storms and rebuke them? They do. Not many operate in it but I've been doing it for years now and it works every time. That includes hurricanes, tornadoes, your torrential downpour, you name it. Just thought that might interest you. You can sit there like a sack of potatoes for the rest of your life if you want or you can accept that Jesus Christ shed his blood for your sins and repent tonight. Become a disciple of Christ and with that you will have the most exciting adventure - beyond your greatest dreams - therein realizing the purpose and plans God has for your life. Why waste any more time living down below when you can soar to the heights and be an eagle? You're missing out!

Jerry "did you know that Christians have the authority to speak to storms and rebuke them?"
So where were you when Katrina hit? What about Sandy?
What you really mean is you get under your bed a pray that the hurricane doesn't hit you. When it hits some other unfortunates you think that you have had something to do with it avoiding yourself!
Pity you couldn't pass on your skill to the christians who keep getting hit by these ACTS of GOD isn't it?

Absolutely we do. Jesus rebuked a storm and it was calmed immediately. He said, greater works would His believers do in His Name. If your life is in peril, if you are in the midst of something coming at you? You can rebuke it if you have Faith. Jesus covers this in His teaching about faith. This is why I say to you that you are missing God in a big way, Hotpotato. It is your decision but if I were you I'd repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. if Mueller can pray and lift a fog do you somehow believe that God cannot handle a tornado? Seriously? Your god is too small for me. I serve a BIG God. A very, very, very Big God! I can believe Him! You? Not so much! But you are precious to Jesus and you are precious to me. Keep reading. You'll believe soon enough. Faith cometh by HEARING the Word of God. The more you hear it? The more your faith grows!

http://biblehub.com/matthew/21-21.htmContext

The Barren Fig Tree
…20Seeing this, the disciples were amazed and asked, "How did the fig tree wither all at once?" 21And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. 22"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Cross References

Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Last edited:
Have Faith in God. With God all things are possible. If you are abiding in Jesus and His words are abiding in you? This is what He promises:

.http://biblehub.com/john/15-7.htmContext

Jesus the True Vine
…6"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8"My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.…

Cross References

1 Kings 3:5
At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

John 8:31
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

Treasury of Scripture

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.
If you are living in, abiding in Christ, you have the same Holy Spirit abiding in you that Jesus spoke of when He said, I send you the Comforter. If you are a Christian whose head is lying in the lap of the world as Samsons head lay in the lap of a prostitute, then you shall wake up one day to find the enemy upon you and no power left. If you cannot deny yourself now - you shouldn't deceive yourself into believing you'll be able to stand against the enemy when that hour comes.

This is what happens to those Christians who compromise with the world and live like the world, love the world, love the things of the world and so forth. There is a price to pay and it is obvious not everyone is willing to pay it. If you have no spiritual power in your life, HP, you have only yourself to blame. The truth is many have settled for far less than they should have concerning the Christian life. I take the bible literally. You should too.

Last edited:
Can one man fully surrendered to the LORD make a difference? Yes!

[ame=http://youtu.be/jWZIkGbC3f0]The Legacy of George Müller - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/9906mDprd_k]Robber Of The Cruel Streets: George Muller - [1/6] - YouTube[/ame]

Did you know that Christians have the authority to speak to storms and rebuke them? They do. Not many operate in it but I've been doing it for years now and it works every time. That includes hurricanes, tornadoes, your torrential downpour, you name it.

And now Jeremiah claims to have the power to alter the weather. Apparently it "works every time" he "speaks to storms".

Next week he will claim to have raised the dead, in his pathetic attempt to convince others to respect him and adopt his views.

I have no power. There is power in the Name of Jesus. I am abiding in Him, In His Name, In His Authority, Jesus is the one who has given me all authority over serpents and scorpions and over ALL the power of the enemy (satan) and nothing shall by any means harm me. If I am encountering a whirlwind you better believe I have authority in prayer to rebuke it. There is power in the name of Jesus Christ, Ashtara. Have you not heard? I believe you have!

This is the authority of the believer. Not only for George Mueller and myself but for all believers who take Jesus Christ at His Word.

Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Context

The Seventy-Two Return with Joy
…18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. 20"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

Job 1:18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house,
Context

Job Loses his Children and Property
…17While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three bands and made a raid on the camels and took them and slew the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you." 18While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, 19and behold, a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people and they died, and I alone have escaped to tell you."…

Cross References

Job 1:17
While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

Job 1:19
when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

Job 8:4
When your children sinned against him, he gave them over to the penalty of their sin.

This is for the Christians who are reading:

In Job 8:4 you see Job's friends trying to reconcile how Job could have lost his children - they perished when a tornado hit the four corners of the house they were in - this onslaught of Satan was hidden from their eyes because they had not realized that God had removed the hedge of protection from over Job and his family at Satan's request. Read the entire book of Job for understanding of the story. At that time - Jesus had not yet gone to the cross - the authority of the believer today is this - Jesus said, It is finished. Therefore, when the Christian comes under attack - be it property they own is in peril, a home - whatever - the authority of the believer is complete in that it is ALL Authority over the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm the believer. This is God given authority - by whose power? The Power of Jesus Christ name - the Power of the Holy Spirit - the Power of the Spoken Word! This is very important information to the believer because Mueller was not the exception here for walking with God and answered prayer - he was the RULE. You see, this is the Normal Christian life - not some abberation of it! The Normal Christian Life is that the believer walks in His Authority - given him or her in the Name of Jesus Christ!

Consider this. In this nation as well as in every nation around the globe - even the continent of Africa there are occult powers that those who serve Lucifer, witch doctors, Luciferians, satanists, etc would be a part of that said group... Testimony of the ex - satanist Thread would be an example of the powers such people operate in. Although I should add that in his case - he was very high up in the kingdom of Satan and it is not likely most of you have encountered someone of that rank in Lucifers kingdom.

His testimony is that unexpectedly one day Lucifer killed him and he found himself in utter torment - hell - but at that very moment - Jesus Christ came and prevented his death bringing him back to life and causing him to realize that Jesus was more powerful than Lucifer!

Now he knew this already because he openly admits he nor any of his fellow satanists had any power over the Christian who were sold out to Jesus Christ and living holy and clean lives - praying in the Holy Spirit - against those ones they could do nothing - but to the Christians who were living in sin - they were open season for these people - not only the lukewarm and backslidden believer but all those people who were living in the world and did not serve the Lord Jesus. He tells of testimony after testimony of these people being slain by many different incantations, curses spoken over them, etc. This is real. If Satan and his workers are operating on this level of evil powers - how much greater are the servants of the Living God to be operating in the power of the Holy Spirit? The authority of the believer is far, far greater than the powers of Lucifer! Far greater! Why does the church not know this?

Why are we singing songs about barely getting by this week and we're just hanging on by a thread until Jesus wisks out of here? No! That is not the testimony of the Believer! Not at all! We are more than conquerors! When? Right now! Right now!

Do not let the devil lie to you and tell you that you have no authority and are helpless in the face of such events, attacks. There is power in the blood of Jesus! Plead it every day! There is power and authority in the name of Jesus Christ! Use it! Speak the Word every day! Here is a good word for someone reading tonight! Read the book of Isaiah from cover to cover out loud into the atmosphere of your home. Dedicate yourself completely to Jesus Christ and speak His Word out loud into the atmosphere - read all 66 books - start at 11 p.m. and you should be finished by about 6:30 a.m. then pray in the Spirit ( pray in tongues - are you baptised in the Holy Spirit? Pray in tongues! ) and seek the Lord for another hour or two and go to bed. Keep reading the Word out loud until it becomes living, vibrating within your very being. Rise up and take hold of your authority as a believer and start walking in it every day. See how you feel in just 3 days. I promise you. You will be soaring like an eagle. Soaring!

Last edited:
All these words mean diddley unless you can back up your claims Jerry!
Fancy picking up those snakes? Can you raise a recently deceased? What about offering yourself as the tornado tamer for the US weather service?
No?
You are talking rubbish then!

Forum List

Back