George W. not a perfect president but lead us through 9/11 well

It’s a good thing he was a Republican. Had he been a Democrat, he would not have gotten widespread support in the days and weeks following the attack. Instead, He’d have been accused of causing the tragedy and would have been brought in for public hearings.

Bush had the support of democrats. Full stop.

Until he started to use the crisis for political gain.
If 9-11 happened while Obama was President, Republicans would have impeached him
Are you crazy or something ??

I can find fault with G.W. for a few things but no other president except Lincoln had to deal with the horror of death and destruction like no other. Bush presented a calm, presidential demeanor proving to be one of us and bringing our citizens to chant USA, USA!

For that, all of us who remember that time, thank him for that.
Dubya gave us a huge tax cut that saved me money.

Saved his buddies even more money.

And he led us / the USA back into Iraq while getting sidetracked from UBL and Afghanistan.

Remember yellow cake ??

It’s a good thing he was a Republican. Had he been a Democrat, he would not have gotten widespread support in the days and weeks following the attack. Instead, He’d have been accused of causing the tragedy and would have been brought in for public hearings.

Bush had the support of democrats. Full stop.

Until he started to use the crisis for political gain.
If 9-11 happened while Obama was President, Republicans would have impeached him
Are you crazy or something ??

BENGHAZI!

oh not this again .... they weren't ignored....they weren't specific enough to act on.

Really? I suggest you do a little more research.
I suggest you do a little more research, and look into what information actually made it to Intel agency heads and the oval office.

Research Condi Rice and the CIA.

‘The Attacks Will Be Spectacular’
An exclusive look at how the Bush administration ignored this warning from the CIA months before 9/11, along with others that were far more detailed than previously revealed.

How the Bush administration ignored a significant warning from the CIA months before 9/11
Your link proves the point you are arguing against. A "spectacular attack", eh? Where? How? The article does not say any such informayion made it to the Oval Office, which is precisely the point I and the other poster are making.

How quickly some people forget and are now trying to whitewash Bush's clusterfuck.

Two Months Before 9/11, an Urgent Warning to Rice

Claim vs. Fact: Rice's Q&A Testimony Before the 9/11 Commission
Nevertheless, not much actionable Intel made it to Bush, or even the Intel leaders. They all held pieces, and none of them knew what pieces the others held. While I would agree that is a situation that needed improvement, I am not going to blame any of them for what a bunch of crazed fanatics did.

Really? I suggest you do a little more research.
I suggest you do a little more research, and look into what information actually made it to Intel agency heads and the oval office.

Research Condi Rice and the CIA.

‘The Attacks Will Be Spectacular’
An exclusive look at how the Bush administration ignored this warning from the CIA months before 9/11, along with others that were far more detailed than previously revealed.

How the Bush administration ignored a significant warning from the CIA months before 9/11
Your link proves the point you are arguing against. A "spectacular attack", eh? Where? How? The article does not say any such informayion made it to the Oval Office, which is precisely the point I and the other poster are making.

How quickly some people forget and are now trying to whitewash Bush's clusterfuck.

Two Months Before 9/11, an Urgent Warning to Rice

Claim vs. Fact: Rice's Q&A Testimony Before the 9/11 Commission
Nevertheless, not much actionable Intel made it to Bush, or even the Intel leaders. They all held pieces, and none of them knew what pieces the others held. While I would agree that is a situation that needed improvement, I am not going to blame any of them for what a bunch of crazed fanatics did.
Other nations received the same intelligence
They did not come to the conclusion that it supported an invasion of Iraq

I think under normal circumstances, Bush 43 would have made an effective President.

But the 9-11 attacks, war on terrorism and economic collapse proved to be more than he could handle

He received bad advice, made poor decisions and his presidency suffered for it

Forum List

Back