George Zimmerman's bloody head

Zimmerman also mentioned Trayvon's Martin's age, that seemed strange:

"I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I was and I did not know if he was armed or not."

You don't think that could possibly be because the media mad a big deal about him shooting a child, do you?

Zimmerman's statement indicates he might not have shot a younger person; if he was attacked & in fear of great bodily harm, what difference would the AGE of the attacker make?

no---his statement does NOT indicate that. Keep trying

"I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I was and I did not know if he was armed or not."

To me he was saying that he may have done things differently, if he knew he was dealing with a high school age person versus an adult.

Which is why his lawyers need to get him to shut up.

I believe you are correct.

There should never had been any question that this case should be heard by a jury, stand your ground law or no stand your ground law. Whenever deadly force is used, someone should be held accountable for it.

What a waste of our court system. As bad as our taxes are and as big as our deficit is, do you really think we should be wasting money putting people on trail who shot people who broke into their homes or attacked them?

Yeah..because it should be established, without doubt, that's exactly what happened.

courts don't go for "no doubt" they go for "reasonable doubt".

Zimmerman's statement indicates he might not have shot a younger person; if he was attacked & in fear of great bodily harm, what difference would the AGE of the attacker make?

You can read his mind?

actually it would be reading your mind if you are making a determination about what his statement indicates.

He was profiled. None of this would have happened otherwise.

He was on suspension from school for the 3rd time this year, if his parents had grounded him, none of this would have happened either. Who lets their suspended kid go out at night and doesn't even bother to worry about them until the next day?

Oh, and FYI, I don't necessarily believe the "profiled" accusation since one of Zimmerman's friends who spoke out for him is black, it's clear he's not a racist.

He was profiled. None of this would have happened otherwise.

I gather that this is supposed to mean that Zimmerman "profiled" a young black man wearing a hood in a gated community at night.

(A) I don't think that's what "profiling" refers to.

(B) Neighborhood Watch folks WATCH.

(C) We (none of us) know what Trayvon was actually doing just prior to the events that unfolded.

(D) Some of us seem to forget that there is reason to believe that the community had been the target of some reason break ins. This might amount to a perfectly valid (non racist based) REASON to "watch."

(E) Therefore, with or without "profiling," there is a very good chance that much if not all of "this" would have happened anyway.

You can read his mind?

actually it would be reading your mind if you are making a determination about what his statement indicates.

His statements, thus far, are subject to interpretation; OBVIOUSLY. I don't see his talking as helping him. It raises more questions, and his attorney wants this thrown out, it appears.

An armed man approached someone after following him. Martin should have killed Zimmerman and used the stand your ground law.

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

I think when one is repeatedly getting one's head bashed into the concrete, while underneath the assailant, it is self defense. I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but just close your eye's, deprogram, and try real hard. What is more important to you, Justice, or a Conviction?

To me he was saying that he may have done things differently, if he knew he was dealing with a high school age person versus an adult.

To me..he's contradicting what he said on the 911 tape.

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

I think when one is repeatedly getting one's head bashed into the concrete, while underneath the assailant, it is self defense. I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but just close your eye's, deprogram, and try real hard. What is more important to you, Justice, or a Conviction?

The State Attorney does not so conclude, and I see nothing to indicate Zimmerman was "getting his head bashed in".

To me..he's contradicting what he said on the 911 tape.

Which is why we need a court and not a message board trial.

I guess you didn't read the reports, he stated for the record that Trayvon tried to take HIS weapon and stated that Zimmerman was going to die. But hey we can't actually expect you liberal dumb asses to keep abreast of the facts and all. You are to busy claiming a Hispanic is white and claiming the shooting was racist unprovoked and that Zimmerman is a liar even though all the available information and facts SUPPORT his statements.

I guess you didn't read the reports, he stated for the record that Trayvon tried to take HIS weapon and stated that Zimmerman was going to die. But hey we can't actually expect you liberal dumb asses to keep abreast of the facts and all. You are to busy claiming a Hispanic is white and claiming the shooting was racist unprovoked and that Zimmerman is a liar even though all the available information and facts SUPPORT his statements.

Even if that's the case, Zimmerman initiated the fight. Everything that happened after that..is on Zimmerman.

Forum List

Back