George Zimmerman's bloody head

Ah, hate to break this to you but nobody can force you to go to a hospital unless they think you're mentally unstable...wherein they can use what I believe is called a "Baker Act" to have you kept in either a hospital or mental health institution for your own protection...or so inebriated as to not be competant.

That is a 72 hour hold in Florida; not comparable. After accidents or injuries from confrontations, police can instruct. I obeyed, though I did not feel injured. (As I am both defending Romney, and in favor of VICTIM's rights, I'm ticking off a lot of posters today.:lol:)

So the answer to your question is that the police did not have the AUTHORITY to force Zimmerman to seek medical treatment.

Not without a formal proceeding, no. But his fear of deadly harm claim would be stronger, TO ME at least, had he sought medical attention THAT NIGHT. I am actually questioning the police more than Zimmerman, they questioned him at length, that also belies any belief on their part he was in fear of great harm. But, the conclusion was self defense. He isn't getting as much sympathy from the system so far, however. :eusa_clap:

The picture is from ABC news, hardly a right wing rag.

"There is no apparent wound". Glad to get your take as a medical expert. If there was no wound then why was he treated by the paramedics?

"If there was a struggle, it was Zimmerman who initiated it".
Really? Because Swallow says so? I am saying everyone has the right to defend themselves when attacked. The evidence and testamony of witnesses clearly shows that Martin attacked Zimmerman. *IF* Zimmerman attacked Martin first, then of course he would of been in his right to defend himself, but I have not heard of any evidence that suggests thats the case.

But all you libs want to do is omit certain testamony and physical evidnence to paint a picture of an innocent black boy eating skittles getting shot by a racist white man. After all, you've got a political agenda to push, and thats far more important than the whole story with all the facts.

Please link the bolded part Hawk. I've heard witnesses state Martin was on top, but that is far from Martin starting the fight. Also, IF threatened with a gun, it would justify Martin starting the fight correct? Things we don't know and good reason to let the fats come out in court and not on a message board.

Well yeah, us citizens should just let the criminals rob, RAPE, beat the shit out of us..then AFTER we get to call 911..how lovely

You have every right to defend yourself. But after that..it must be investigated and vetted. You do not have the right to take a life without question.

Again, propagate the lie!

The lie that Zimmerman just killed someone "without question". He was taken into custody that night and after they examined all the evidence he was released.

And the police NEVER act in a corrupt fashion. Never-ever!

Right?

Zimmerman also mentioned Trayvon's Martin's age, that seemed strange:

"I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I was and I did not know if he was armed or not."

You have every right to defend yourself. But after that..it must be investigated and vetted. You do not have the right to take a life without question.

The lie that Zimmerman just killed someone "without question". He was taken into custody that night and after they examined all the evidence he was released.

And the police NEVER act in a corrupt fashion. Never-ever!

Right?

Law enforcement can be mistaken WITHOUT being corrupt.

Personally, I'm finding the right trying to prove innocence before the trial nuts. Also the claim its simply the left trying to make a race issue. I'd like to see Zimmerman get a fair trial (that means he might be innocent liberals). I'd like to know the taking of life in America is an important issue and Stand Your Ground creates more problems than it solves.

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

Was he supposed to ask "hey wait stop smashing my head into the ground and tell me if you are armed or not" ?

C'mon BDBoop, you can do better than this.

The courts will decide if what he did was justified or not when they get to look at all the facts/evidence.

The picture is from ABC news, hardly a right wing rag.

"There is no apparent wound". Glad to get your take as a medical expert. If there was no wound then why was he treated by the paramedics?

"If there was a struggle, it was Zimmerman who initiated it".
Really? Because Swallow says so? I am saying everyone has the right to defend themselves when attacked. The evidence and testamony of witnesses clearly shows that Martin attacked Zimmerman. *IF* Zimmerman attacked Martin first, then of course he would of been in his right to defend himself, but I have not heard of any evidence that suggests thats the case.

But all you libs want to do is omit certain testamony and physical evidnence to paint a picture of an innocent black boy eating skittles getting shot by a racist white man. After all, you've got a political agenda to push, and thats far more important than the whole story with all the facts.

Please link the bolded part Hawk. I've heard witnesses state Martin was on top, but that is far from Martin starting the fight. Also, IF threatened with a gun, it would justify Martin starting the fight correct? Things we don't know and good reason to let the fats come out in court and not on a message board.

The "fats"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TC3kqFUmqQ]Minnesota Fats - YouTube[/ame]

Or

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcCkvvqQ1rY]Fat Joe - Lean Back (Remix) Ft Eminem, 50 Cent, J.Cole & Lil Jon - YouTube[/ame]

(sorry..couldn't resist) :D

Where's your evidence that he was being beat to death by a stronger foe? That part of the story is easier to believe than Zimmerman acted out of pure blood lust I suppose.

I have no such evidence, which is why I stated "I'm not prepared to take sides on this story because I don't have all the evidence". I merely commented on the hypothetical statement of shooting someone without knowing if they were or were not armed. I'll leave the Zimmerman case to the jury.
There should never had been any question that this case should be heard by a jury, stand your ground law or no stand your ground law. Whenever deadly force is used, someone should be held accountable for it.

What a waste of our court system. As bad as our taxes are and as big as our deficit is, do you really think we should be wasting money putting people on trail who shot people who broke into their homes or attacked them?

Well yeah, us citizens should just let the criminals rob, RAPE, beat the shit out of us..then AFTER we get to call 911..how lovely

What lie?

Police should not be judge or jury in cases like this. This isn't a traffic incident. This is a life.

"I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I was and I did not know if he was armed or not."

oh man--that is strange if I've ever heard it. :lol:

Personally, I'm finding the right trying to prove innocence before the trial nuts. Also the claim its simply the left trying to make a race issue. I'd like to see Zimmerman get a fair trial (that means he might be innocent liberals). I'd like to know the taking of life in America is an important issue and Stand Your Ground creates more problems than it solves.

I don't see race as a factor as much as gender, and an overly eager wannabe cop. He did have blood on his head, so he suffered SOME injury..................................

You don't think that could possibly be because the media mad a big deal about him shooting a child, do you?

IMHO the "Stand your ground" law is reckless and dangerous. This was predicted by the people who opposed it.

It's a disgrace that it had to come to this to recognize the folly of that legislation.

Well said sallow....since I agree :lol:

:clap2:

I don't see race as a factor as much as gender, and an overly eager wannabe cop. He did have blood on his head, so he suffered SOME injury..................................

He was shot because he was a male ? :cuckoo:

To me he was saying that he may have done things differently, if he knew he was dealing with a high school age person versus an adult.

You don't think that could possibly be because the media mad a big deal about him shooting a child, do you?

Zimmerman's statement indicates he might not have shot a younger person; if he was attacked & in fear of great bodily harm, what difference would the AGE of the attacker make?

To me he was saying that he may have done things differently, if he knew he was dealing with a high school age person versus an adult.

Which is why his lawyers need to get him to shut up.

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

Knowing or even believing that Trayvon was (or might have been) armed is irrelevant to the issue of whether his own conduct was "justified" in the eyes of the law.

I have no such evidence, which is why I stated "I'm not prepared to take sides on this story because I don't have all the evidence". I merely commented on the hypothetical statement of shooting someone without knowing if they were or were not armed. I'll leave the Zimmerman case to the jury.
There should never had been any question that this case should be heard by a jury, stand your ground law or no stand your ground law. Whenever deadly force is used, someone should be held accountable for it.

What a waste of our court system. As bad as our taxes are and as big as our deficit is, do you really think we should be wasting money putting people on trail who shot people who broke into their homes or attacked them?

Yeah..because it should be established, without doubt, that's exactly what happened.

Forum List

Back