Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

They created a new law, which the legislature is allowed to do. To avoid conflict, they made sure that there was no overlap between the constitutionally mandated law, and the new "mail-in ballot law".
They have to change the state constitution, moron. The old law is enshrined in the state constitution. They didn't follow the accepted amendment process.
That law applied to people present outside of the state of Pennsylvania, or those suffering handicap within it.

The new law applied to none of those people.

Just heard the GA Gov address this. This law requires a certain number of voting machines in each district based on voting population. This addresses the long lines in Dimwinger run counties. It also adds time to early voting.

Once again, tell us how it is racist.
Actually it sets the population per polling location below the rural population.

It's similar to how the EC vote favors small states.

With rural white populations and urban black populations, the prejudice is obvious.
What a crock of shit.

There are requirements to have a voting machine per X number of residents in a County. Explain these long lines in the past in Dimwinger run counties. Why have you dodged that issue?

Democrats are damned clever, huh? Back then you wanted to stop Democrats from voting and now you just reinslaved them and you show any black what will happen to them if they try not voting Democrat.

Slavery is in your fascist blood
Funny, Republicans in even the deep south realize that if they let everybody who wants to vote, express their political choice, they wouldn't chose a republican.

The only way they can hold onto their seats is by "Jim Crow" gerrymandering, and pitting rural against urban.

Democrats are damned clever, huh? Back then you wanted to stop Democrats from voting and now you just reinslaved them and you show any black what will happen to them if they try not voting Democrat.

Slavery is in your fascist blood
Funny, Republicans in even the deep south realize that if they let everybody who wants to vote, express their political choice, they wouldn't chose a republican.

The only way they can hold onto their seats is by "Jim Crow" gerrymandering, and pitting rural against urban.

What the fuck are you talking about, fascist? Name one person Republicans are stopping from voting.

This is your "blacks are too stupid and lazy to carry an ID" shit again, racist

They created a new law, which the legislature is allowed to do. To avoid conflict, they made sure that there was no overlap between the constitutionally mandated law, and the new "mail-in ballot law".
They have to change the state constitution, moron. The old law is enshrined in the state constitution. They didn't follow the accepted amendment process.
That law applied to people present outside of the state of Pennsylvania, or those suffering handicap within it.

The new law applied to none of those people.
The new law was not approved by the normal process for amending the state constitution.

End of story

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
While I disagree with the law, and there are plenty of things wrong with it that merit discussion, I find it a damn shame the OP couldn't find it in himself to be honest with the title of his thread...

No one anywhere has made water an "illegal substance."

You can't have an honest discussion when the conversation starts with a lie.

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...

Thank the dems who are always cheating.

Even this year in florida, as I and my husband went in person to vote...we parked at the edge of the library's parking lot....only to see a dem (holding a stack of papers with BIDEN/HARRIS on them) playing her silly illegal games.

I as usual took far less time to vote than my husband and decided to wait by our SUV for him to finish and got to watch the show. The Dem literally would hide in the bushes separating the adjoining gas station from the library and would jump out when she would spot her potential single victims just arriving to vote. She would run up to the would be victims offering to "help" them vote. Of course this is illegal and tacky but that doesn't stop dems.

The votes in Georgia were counted three times. Once by hand. The Republican Attorney General found no evidence of any fraud. In this case, offering water or food while standing in line, is un constitutional on it's face, and will be struck down. Republicans have just marginalized themselves even further, as desperate losers.

1616872226910.png

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...

Thank the dems who are always cheating.

Even this year in florida, as I and my husband went in person to vote...we parked at the edge of the library's parking lot....only to see a dem (holding a stack of papers with BIDEN/HARRIS on them) playing her silly illegal games.

I as usual took far less time to vote than my husband and decided to wait by our SUV for him to finish and got to watch the show. The Dem literally would hide in the bushes separating the adjoining gas station from the library and would jump out when she would spot her potential single victims just arriving to vote. She would run up to the would be victims offering to "help" them vote. Of course this is illegal and tacky but that doesn't stop dems.

The votes in Georgia were counted three times. Once by hand. The Republican Attorney General found no evidence of any fraud. In this case, offering water or food while standing in line, is un constitutional on it's face, and will be struck down. Republicans have just marginalized themselves even further, as desperate losers.

View attachment 473140
Hard to believe wingers are fine with that woman being arrested for knocking on a door but they are incensed the insurrectionists were arrested for vandalizing the Senate and House chambers..

Forum List

Back