Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

LMAO. Cost Delta 42 million a year. If I was a shareholder, I would be calling for someones head

-Geaux

Delta Air Lines Inc. showed no signs Friday of backing away from a decision to cancel fare discounts for the National Rifle Assn., despite a retaliatory move by Georgia state leaders that deprived the airline of a significant tax break.

Atlanta-based Delta released an internal memo that Chief Executive Ed Bastian sent to employees that insists the airline's aim is to stay neutral in the gun debate roiling the country since last month's deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The memo appeared roughly at the same time that Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, a Republican, signed into law a broad tax bill that GOP lawmakers had amended to kill a proposed tax break on jet fuel. The break would have saved Delta millions of dollars.

Georgia punishes Delta for crossing the NRA; airline insists it's 'not taking sides'

----------------------------------------------------

I guess the GOP just owns all companies now, if they can do this kind of stuff. Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the NRA. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?
Good.

Delta Air Lines Inc. showed no signs Friday of backing away from a decision to cancel fare discounts for the National Rifle Assn., despite a retaliatory move by Georgia state leaders that deprived the airline of a significant tax break.

Atlanta-based Delta released an internal memo that Chief Executive Ed Bastian sent to employees that insists the airline's aim is to stay neutral in the gun debate roiling the country since last month's deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The memo appeared roughly at the same time that Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, a Republican, signed into law a broad tax bill that GOP lawmakers had amended to kill a proposed tax break on jet fuel. The break would have saved Delta millions of dollars.

Georgia punishes Delta for crossing the NRA; airline insists it's 'not taking sides'

I guess the GOP just owns all companies now, if they can do this kind of stuff. Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the NRA. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?
Good.
Sure it's why the legislature was created for corporate spats....

Good.

I’m sure it coincides with what the people of Georgia want as well. At least those who don’t live in Atlanta.

When government fines or prosecutes somebody, that's an action taken against a business or business owner. It's an attack. It's not the same thing as just not giving somebody a tax break.

It's not that I agree with taking the tax break away for that reason, but it's not the same as going after a business because they don't meet your political expectations.

As I said, the actions are not the same, but the motivation of the government is the same. In the case of Ga, they went after a business because that business did not meet their political expectations. That should be a problem for everyone, but it is not for some reason.

It's not new either. If you don't have health insurance in this country, you used to get fined for it. When Democrats want to bypass State's Rights, they threaten to take federal funding away.

It is not just the Dems that do that, both parties do that. It was the Repubs that forced states to adopt 21 as the legal drinking age by threatening to take away federal highway funds.

Good.

I’m sure it coincides with what the people of Georgia want as well. At least those who don’t live in Atlanta.
They didn't need a tax cut from the state on top of the federal one also..

Good.

Whatever.

Good.

Whatever.
Companies think they need special breaks to exist, they don't...I ran a business for thirty years and never got a one...

You say about leftist groups, right!

Can you endorse these? You agree, right?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to Planned Parenthood. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the NAACP. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the ACLU. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to Amnesty International. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the Audubon Society. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

You think the people in Georgia want to pay more for plane tickets when they fly?

Whatever.
Companies think they need special breaks to exist, they don't...I ran a business for thirty years and never got a one...

:backpedal::backpedal::backpedal::backpedal::backpedal:

Suuuurrrreeeeeeee ya did. Nobody on the board knows less about business than you do. Others know as little as you, but no one knows less

:bsflag:

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to Planned Parenthood. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the NAACP. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the ACLU. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to Amnesty International. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the Audubon Society. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?

Can you get discounts for being a part of those?

Or are you just parroting fake news talking points?

Whatever.

Suuuurrrreeeeeeee ya did. Nobody on the board knows less about business than you do. Others know as little as you, but no one knows less

Yeah I bet you say that to all your johns...

You have such an open mind. You ask the question, then announce that you weren't interested in the answer anyway.

You're such a leftist hack. Yes, you can. NRA doesn't have special discounts, they get the discounts all those groups get. Of course you only object to the ones the Republicans get.

Whatever.

What does that mean, broken English boy?

You have such an open mind. You ask the question, then announce that you weren't interested in the answer anyway.

You're such a leftist hack. Yes, you can. NRA doesn't have special discounts, they get the discounts all those groups get. Of course you only object to the ones the Republicans get.

I knew the answer. When dealing with children you ask questions you know answer to in order to see how they will answer.

Yes, now the NRA gets the same discounts as all those groups...NONE. Before they got more since none of those groups get a discount from Delta.

Georgia senator: Delta offers discount to Planned Parenthood

Whatever.

What does that mean, broken English boy?
It means you don't know shit from shinola....Need a translator for the last statement also?

Forum List

Back